Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozen001 View Post
    Personally i do not think that POS is all that unstable if you remove the phone functionality. The treo functionality is just oo much to handle for POS... A true multitasking OS like linux to get everything to work properly... POS just cannot run multiple apps at once with out running into problems, and with all the applications that the TREOS need to run today is just too much for the POS...
    That is certainly true, but Palm's evolution of the OS coupled with faulty hardware have made it worse; I ran OS 4.x with "traditional" memory on my Samsung i500 and the PDA/phone was ions more stable than OS 5.x on the Treo.
    Have a great one...Doc D.

Phillips VELO > Palm III > Palm V > Palm 505m > Treo 180 > Treo 300 > Samsung i500 > Treo 700p > HTC 6800 > Treo 800w > Treo Pro > Palm Pre > HTC Evo
    Quote Originally Posted by pool_shark View Post
    I can understand your reservations, that's why I mentioned being able to get support for a Linux based device, they shouldn't have to do it on their own.
    I wish they would and finally deliver the device we are all looking for.
    Have a great one...Doc D.

Phillips VELO > Palm III > Palm V > Palm 505m > Treo 180 > Treo 300 > Samsung i500 > Treo 700p > HTC 6800 > Treo 800w > Treo Pro > Palm Pre > HTC Evo
    Quote Originally Posted by TreoNewt View Post
    That is certainly true, but Palm's evolution of the OS coupled with faulty hardware have made it worse; I ran OS 4.x with "traditional" memory on my Samsung i500 and the PDA/phone was ions more stable than OS 5.x on the Treo.
    But did the OS try to run all of the applications that the Treo does?? Additionally the applications have grown more complex. I believe that the current Treos have baiscally gone beyond the limits of the current POS and associated hardware...

POS is interupt driven... so each application is given a chunk of processor time based on priorities...

The limitations of the POS and the Hardware are gong to prevent the any MR from fixing all of the problems.... I just wish palm would admit it...
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozen001 View Post

People have to remember the the POS was built and designed to run PDA type applications that could run one at a time with out problems... Now the Treo is asking it to run a phone, datebook, SMS, e-mail, and browser... and 99% of the time these are all fighting for the same limited amount of processor time. This explains the lags that most people see...
    And yet there was no lag on my Treo 600p almost 4 years ago doing the same things.
    Quote Originally Posted by robguz View Post
    And yet there was no lag on my Treo 600p almost 4 years ago doing the same things.
    Having not owned a 600p or what it was even capible of I cannot say "doing the same things" is comparing apples to apples... i.e. did the 600p browser have the same functionality, or are the more features on the new browser, did the SMS in the 600p have the same capibilities of the 700p... etc. More functions means more code, wich make it more complicated to make sure each app is not a resource hog...
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12