Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by ilikechicken View Post
    Does the 755p reset alot/do you have to reset it alot?

I've had mine over a month. I've only had 2 resets and those were due to my trying to get BigClock to work on it. I've uninstalled it as it would cause a reset every time I hit the menu button.

Lorraine
    Mine has only reset once when an app I installed was not compatible - after upgrading the app, I have no resets at all. I have had the phone since it came out 5-17-07 I think. It has been rock solid.

I have about 15 different 3rd party apps - I'd say 10 were freeware 5 paid.
    Lorraine,

I just noticed your post about Big Clock - I had the same problem you had - that was the program that reset my 755p - I bought a program called "9.95 Clock" it is the same thing and it work like it should, but I paid, you guess it $9.95.

I read that someone tried the Big Clock 680T (not the 680 verison) version and it work on the 755p and it is free.

So do a search on the 680T Big Clock and see if it works before you buy the 9.95 Clock like I did - you might just save yourself some money - they were written by the same author.

I found that bit of info after I bought the 9.95 Clock :-(
    I was having reset issues with a Font tool called FontSmoother. Once I deleted this, no more resets when trying to answer a call.

There are definitely a few applications that do not get along with the 755p.

Brian
    bc as I mentioned in another thread Fontsmoother has been updated to v2.10which has bug fixes for Treos. I updated to it yesterday and so far no probs. http://www.zlthemes.com/ProductDetailListing.php?PID=79
    In over two weeks, I've had 3 resets. None were because of Palm OS, but rather applications. It's more stable than Windows Mobile has been for me.

I love my 755p. It's even better that I have SERO. Yum.
    On Demand can cause resets quite often. It's best to delete it and reset to get a fresh version.

The JVM also seems to cause instability.
    Thanks CAT, I'll give it a try.

brian
    Quote Originally Posted by MouseGlider View Post
    Lorraine,

I just noticed your post about Big Clock - I had the same problem you had - that was the program that reset my 755p - I bought a program called "9.95 Clock" it is the same thing and it work like it should, but I paid, you guess it $9.95.

I read that someone tried the Big Clock 680T (not the 680 verison) version and it work on the 755p and it is free.

So do a search on the 680T Big Clock and see if it works before you buy the 9.95 Clock like I did - you might just save yourself some money - they were written by the same author.

I found that bit of info after I bought the 9.95 Clock :-(

Thanks so much for the input. I installed the 680T version and it does work fine on the 755. I really missed not having a timer handy. Is the 9.95Clock prettier? BigClock may be handy, but it's not much to look at.

Lorraine
    On a side note, do not buy from "9.95". They are notorious for repackaging freeware programs developed by others and reselling them for, yes, $9.95. They don't get the permission of the developers, much less pay them. That's called breach of copyright, and stealing. No, their programs are not any better than the freeware version.
    I've experienced a few resets....first from OperaMini which was a huge waste of time (no better than the built in Blazer browser)...then from a Motorola 850b BT headset. Otherwise it has been pretty stable.
    I've noticed frequent resets after I have purchased my first blue tooth. As long as either BT is turned off or Bluetooth wireless technology is turned off there are no problems. Of course bright Sprint support folk suggested there is an application conflict and suggested a 'factory reset'.

One trick I found is if you press ##377# on your keyboard, it will produce a system error log that will tell you much more details about the cause of crash.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12