1.    #1  
    becareful... i have set up an account with sero and so has my friend and on both of our accounts the unlimited text messaging was not included. i noticed it by setting up my account online and seeing under my usage "casual text messaging used and additional used.... when i fixed the problem there was a new category called "unlimited txt msg".. when i called they said that it hadnt been added to my account but that they found a $0 txt option for sero that they added. hope this hasnt happened to you but just a warning
    It happened to me as well. I had no problem getting it added on with C/S though.
    I had the same problem recently. When I called CS, I was on hold for nearly 30 mins as they tried to figure out if I qualified. CS=BS Eventually, I got it added.
    Global Posts
    566 Global Posts
    Same here. I signed up for two Treo 755p (yeah!) using SERO and both didn't have the unlimited text setup. A call to CS fixed this in about 10 minutes.

Cheers.
    Same here. Tried calling CS and got someone who wanted to charge me $15.00 a month for it, and when I argued that it's supposed to be included, she tranferred me to "business accounts" but the call dropped before the xfer went through.

So I emailed via the Sero website and got this reply:

Thank you for contacting us about the Sprint Employee Referral Offer.

A text messaging package may be added to your SERO plan.

Text messaging offers:
    1. Unlimited Text Messages* - $15 per month
    2. 1000 SMS Text Messages - $10 per month
    3. 300 SMS Text Messages - $5 per month

* FREE unlimited text messaging offer is available for a limited time only! The unlimited text messages package has been added to all SERO for FREE from May 21, 2007 through June 30, 2007.

Please Note: Existing SERO customers are eligible to add the FREE unlimited Text Messaging package by calling our customer care department. Switching to the Unlimited text messaging packages requires a Two Year Contract Renewal.

To change your text-messaging plan, please contact our customer care department.

Nextel customer care: 800-639-6111
    Sprint customer care: 800-877-4646
    Sprint general customer care: 888-211-4727

We do sincerely apologize for any inconvenience caused.

Please do not hesitate to contact us should you require further assistance.

Sincerely,
    Is that saying they're going to add it, or suggesting that I call CS again? Either way, I replied via email and got this response today:

Thank you for contacting us about the Sprint Employee Referral Offer.

If the free unlimited text messaging promo was not added to your SERO account, please contact our customer care department to have this promo added to your SERO account.

Nextel customer care: 800-639-6111

Sprint customer care: 800-877-4646
    Sprint general customer care: 888-211-4727

We do sincerely apologize for any inconvenience caused.

Please do not hesitate to contact us should you require further assistance.

Sincerely,
    Hopefully I won't have to call CS again. I'm getting the impression that Sprint isn't real big on "one call resolution." I'm sure they outsource their customer service and the more calls being handled by the 3rd party company handling their CS, the more money the 3rd party company makes (ACS used to handle Nextel's CS, not sure if they still do or not). Every time I call CS I get someone in the Phillipines.

But I digress...

I'll keep checking to see if unlimited text msging is added and make an early morning call to the Phillipines if not. Oh joy!
    Last edited by Grim; 06/13/2007 at 01:42 AM.
    I had the same problem, unfortunately after over 200 messages were sent. Pretty crappy if you ask me (i got the 200 refunded)
    Palm M100 => Treo 755P => Treo 800w => Treo 755p => Palm Pre => No more Palm/HP products
    Those people are useless and I think they are out to con the customer. Same thing happen to me, had to call in and tell thme what to do.
    Same here on three SERO accounts. Had to call in for each of them to get it added.
    Mine does not show unlimited where it gives plan details but it does show unlimited on the usage page. I had to call in to get them to change me as well.
    My wife and I signed up for SERO on 5/21 when the Treo 755p was added to the site and we both got free unlimited SMS without a problem. It doesn't show in the plan details on the website, but if you check current usage for text messages it shows unlimited there.
    happend to me too called to get it fixed no problem after that
    Quote Originally Posted by Cathearder View Post
    Mine does not show unlimited where it gives plan details but it does show unlimited on the usage page. I had to call in to get them to change me as well.
    Yep - that's where I've been looking. Still shows I've used x of 0 available and I've exceeded available txt messages by x.
    they did that with 4 lines that were recently opened through sero for me and my family members. I guess you just have to call or drop an email to ecare. I just ecare everything because I don't have to wait on hold or deal with retards on the phone. They credited me back for the 60 txt msgs I used before they added unlimited.
    Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    After I signed up for SERO, I had to call to get the nights and weekends at 7 added. Then I had to call again and get the SMS added.
    I received the following email from customer service back when they changed my wife and I to the SERO plan. It mentions the free text, and like everyone else it is not mentioned on my plan details on their web site. I cannot check usage as it says that I recently changed plans and it won't be available until the next billing period, so I guess I'll see.

As per your request I have added the SERO plan of $49.99 for the line 314-xxx-xxxx and of $30.00 on the line 314-xxx-xxxx effective May 31, 2007. The SERO plan on your line will provide you 1250 Anytime Minutes and the plan on your wife's line will provide you with 500 Anytime Minutes.

The above mentioned plans will also Include the following features :

1. Night and Weekend Minutes starting at 7 PM.

2. Unlimited Mobile to Mobile.

3. Unlimited Roaming.

4. Unlimited Vision

Besides this I have also added the unlimited text messaging for free on both the lines. So you will also enjoy Unlimited text messaging on both the lines.

_
    Kyocera 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 > Treo 650. All Verizon. Sprint Treo 755p, HTC Mogul & Centro
    Unlocked Treo 680 for trips outside Sprint's areas
    Okay, last night and all points before, Sprint's web site never told me what my usage was, but I just tried it and it had my usage for today and here's what it says:

Invoice period: June 13, 2007 - July 12, 2007
    Current as of: Jun 13, 2007, 7:27 PM, Central Daylight Time

MINUTES IN PLAN Sprint PCS Fair &
    Flexible SM Plan 10 Sprint PCS Fair &
    Flexible SM Plan Sprint PCS Fair &
    Flexible SM Plan
    OFF-PEAK OPTION UNLIMITED 0 UNLIMITED -
    SPRINT PCS TO PCS CALLING MINUTES UNLIMITED 12 UNLIMITED -

Other Usage
    TEXT MESSAGES UNLIMITED 0 UNLIMITED

So I take this to mean they did what they said the first time, gave me free text.
    Kyocera 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 > Treo 650. All Verizon. Sprint Treo 755p, HTC Mogul & Centro
    Unlocked Treo 680 for trips outside Sprint's areas
    Trying again to get unlimited SMS added to the plan since Sprint f#cked up when they set the rate plan up. Called Customer service, and after 15 minutes on hold the CSR again wanted to charge me for unlimited SMS. Referred her to www.sprint.com/sero and she was (I think) researching the rate plan when the call disconnected. Unbelievable. I'm pretty sure she disconnected the call, as I wasn't touching the phone and had a good signal. So I'm now on hold again for another 15 minutes trying to get this straightened out.