1.    #1  
    I am unable to select "Web" for the browser in default apps. There are no options available actually. It is selected if I do a hard reset, but once I restore from backup buddy it is not selected again. I thought about deleting the file from the backup, doing a hard reset, then a backup restore. But I don't know what the name of the file is that sets this. Anyone know the answer?
    Matty
    Global Posts
    806 Global Posts
    Are you using Uncache? I had this problem while I was using it, but it went away after I deleted it. Not sure if it was a conflict with another program or not, but I had problems with it. It's also not easy to delete.
  3.    #3  
    yes I am, and you are right. once installed, the problem shows up. Does it hinder or hurt anything with web not showing up? I do not have any browser other than blazer. And I haven't noticed anything being broke because of it.
    Matty
    I checked after reading this and I had the same problem. It turns out I was no longer able to click on a hyperlink in an email and bring up the webpage. It took about 20 minutes for me to finally get the whole thing uninstalled and then things were back to normal.
    Global Posts
    806 Global Posts
    I couldn't access any of my picturemail because Sprint uses hyperlinks. If you have Verizon I don't think this is a problem though.
  6.    #6  
    I deleted the program and reset, and still don't get the web option. what gives?
    Matty
  7.    #7  
    Now I have an uncache ext file that showed up. and it will not let me delete it. what do I need to do?
    Matty
  8.    #8  
    Nevermind, did a warm reset and it deleted right out. Man, uncache made this thing run like a porsche. it a shame I had to remove it.
    Matty
    If you want to continue using UnCache on your phone what you may want to do is add Blazer to the list of applications that receive notification upon a reset so it can load in the cache.

This should allow Blazer to be "loaded" and available to be used by other applications when called.
    Last edited by TreoNewt; 06/14/2007 at 08:43 AM.
    Have a great one...Doc D.

Phillips VELO > Palm III > Palm V > Palm 505m > Treo 180 > Treo 300 > Samsung i500 > Treo 700p > HTC 6800 > Treo 800w > Treo Pro > Palm Pre > HTC Evo
    Has anybody submitted a bug report for this yet?
    It is not a bug, you just have to tell it the applications you want loaded at start up time. Those applications must include applications that work with other applications, run other appliations automagically/respond to external alarms, et cetera.

Ben
    Web was not something that could be added to Uncache. Everything that was in ROM cannot be added to the uncache list. Only items in RAM could be added to the Uncache list. If it can't be added to the uncache list, it won't show up in the default apps list. That would appear to me as either a bug or a programming oversight.
    I do not run UnCache on my Treo but I am having the same problem. I want to make OperaMini my default web browser but I'm not getting it as an option to pick under Default Apps. Am I missing something?
  14.    #14  
    Yeah, it was the default browser setting in Default Prefs, that was screwed up. Not blazer. And there is no option to add default prefs to uncache. Man, I wish they would fix it.
    Matty
    OperaMini is a Java application and even with the Java environment installed in the main device memory, I was never able to get any Java applications set as defaults.

I played with UnCache for a couple of days and opted to delete it - if it is a bug, then it is consistent. The bottom line for me is it was just too much work to get the device running properly.

Ben
    Quote Originally Posted by rocbed View Post
    I do not run UnCache on my Treo but I am having the same problem. I want to make OperaMini my default web browser but I'm not getting it as an option to pick under Default Apps. Am I missing something?
    I also would like to have Opera Mini as the default browser, to be called from mail (Versamail for instance) when a link appears. My problem is that Versamail and Opera Mini work with same Internet Data parameters; but original Blazer browser prefers WAP parameters. Is there a way out?

TIA
    CHARCAPE
    HP200LX (6 years, excellent) - Treo 180 - Tungsten E - Treo 680
    bump