Global Posts
    168 Global Posts
    Anyone know the best way to get a camera-less speaker cover part (the grey part on the back of the phone). I'm looking to remove my camera so I can take my phone to various courts that prohibit camera phones.

I know some of the Cingular 750's come without a camera and the part from those models looks like it would fit. I tried pdaparts.com and called Palm (who was spectacularly unhelpfull) but could not find it.

Any other suggestions?
    Just have to wait for a camera less version to come out.. For a while both sprint and verizon offered the 700p without a camera.
    Global Posts
    148 Global Posts
    Just cover it with some black gaffers tape.
    Obscura
    Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    Sprint never offered the camera-less version of the 700p. I've been waiting for it since it came out. And black golfer's tape is definitely not an approved fix. I'm in the military and can tell you that is a non starter.
    "Only the dead have seen the end of war" - Plato
    Quote Originally Posted by akula34 View Post
    Sprint never offered the camera-less version of the 700p. I've been waiting for it since it came out. And black golfer's tape is definitely not an approved fix. I'm in the military and can tell you that is a non starter.
    Sorry you are correct I was thinking of the 650... My bad.
    Global Posts
    168 Global Posts
    I'm thinking if I can't find a housing, I'll take it apart and cover the lens with foil tape from the inside and then put it back together. That should truly disable the camera (absent taking it back apart to remove the tape) and also make it clear to anyone looking at it that there is no camera lens in the hole.
  7. d94
    Global Posts
    304 Global Posts
    it looks like the easiest way, is get another mirror sticker (the little mirror thing above the camera! - its just a sticker, and then hole where the camera is, is the perfect size..sure it'll look a lil wierd but it'll completely hide the camera..hell you might be able to just remove the mirror thats on there now and stick it where the camera is!
    palm pro > visor > m100 > visor prism > clie sl30 > zire 71 > dell X5 > toshiba E755 > clie NX70 > ipaq 2200 > Treo 700w (verizon) > Treo 700wx (sprint) > Treo 755p (sprint) > HTC Mogul > HTC Diamond > HTC Touch Pro > Pre
  8. ceb
    Global Posts
    538 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by d94 View Post
    it looks like the easiest way, is get another mirror sticker (the little mirror thing above the camera! - its just a sticker, and then hole where the camera is, is the perfect size..sure it'll look a lil wierd but it'll completely hide the camera..hell you might be able to just remove the mirror thats on there now and stick it where the camera is!

..places that don't allow cameras generally won't allow temporary workarounds - you need to physically remove the camera or cover it in a way that it is not easily reversible - a cameraless back put over a camera enabled 650 would generally be acceptable, but a bit of foil, gaffer's or duct tape (or the little mirror) won't fly.

A hard piece of plastic or metal placed over the lens but under the case (ie you need to remove the case to uncover the lens) may work in some instances.

Depending on the facility, taking a cameraphone into a restricted area (even if you don't use it or has "disabled" it by using tape) may be a felony...
    Cheers

Charles
    Global Posts
    168 Global Posts
    So I found an eBay seller that had housings for the 750 - but only listed ones with the camera holes. I sent him a tell asking if he had housings for the camera-less version and he did.

I should be getting it in a few days (along with a set of mini-torx bits). So we'll see how it works. If I can get away with leaving the camera installed I will - it won't be accessible so... If not, I'll have to decide if I feel lucky.