Global Posts
    680 Global Posts
    I have a Palm 2 in 1 cradle. I charge my second battery in the "internal" slot, while I have my 700Wx on top.

The cradle always worked normally until recently. By that I mean when I put a less than fully charged battery in the "internal" slot, it would glow red until charged, at which point it would glow green. This was so even if I didn't have my Treo mounted on top, and simply charged my extra battery.

But, recently it began to act differently. No more red or green, but rather flashing red/green continuously when no Treo is mounted on top. When the Treo is on top, it glows red, but doesn't actually seem to charge the "internal" battery. When no battery is in the "internal" slot, it seems to charge my Treo fine.

What's the red/green flashing all about?

Thanks.

By the way, here's another thread for this issue in another forum. (http://forum.treonauts.com/treo-acce...ng-cradle.html)
    Global Posts
    680 Global Posts
    Bump. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks.
    I don't know the answer to your question, as this has never happened to me. However, based upon my experiences with other electronic devices, try resetting the cradle by unplugging the power cord for 15 minutes. Just a shot in the dark.
    Global Posts
    306 Global Posts
    Happened with mine as well. My original battery will charge fine in the extra compartment, but neither of my Seidio high-capacity batteries will work in that compartment anymore.

I did notice that if I put added pressure to keep the compartment pressed close, it seemed to work without blinking. I was going to take apart the cradle to see if maybe it was the contacts, but I haven't had a chance yet. Maybe the slightly thicker Seidio battery is the problem? The Seidio battery also has a different voltage I think (3.6V vs 3.7V).
    Global Posts
    680 Global Posts
    I tried jaharr's suggestion, but unfortunately it didn't fix the issue. (Thanks for the suggestion.)

And, tc600, I also have the Seidio extended battery (regular one, not the super extended) and it always worked fine until now. (My other battery is the standard Palm one.)

May need to check out aftermarket cradles with slots for charging extra batteries if I can't find a fix for this.