1.    #1  
    See my signature file. I have had a 600, 650, 700p and now a 755p all on Sprint. By far, the 650 was the "best" phone. No lags (even with Chatter) and no other problems except the ocassional reset. I needed to use zLauncher but it worked out well.

The 700p has known problems. I don't need to bring it all back up here. It lagged a lot. I applied the MR successfully. Well, not successfully as I went into a reset loop and had to do a hard reset. But it is now operating properly with the MR.

Around the same time, I got the 755p. My observations are that it still lags. Not as much as the 700p pre-MR but probably as much as the 700p with the MR. I suspect Chatter is the real problem. Typing seems to stop when there is internet activity. Shutting down Chatter (I am pushing with IMAP) cures the problem. I am not sure if Chatter was ever optimized for the 700p and we all know it is clearly not being developed further for the 755p.

I would be interested in hearing from other people with Chatter on their
    755p's. Trust me, I would like nothing more than for you to tell me that it is LudusP or KeyCaps that is causing my slowdown, but that is highly unlikely. Do you still have some stuttering (not as much as 700p pre-MR) on your new 755p? Is it cured by shutting down Chatter?

I will keep Chatter regardless of these problems because it is an essential app for me but, in my experience, the 755p is still not as responsive as the 650. And, since sprint needs EVDO to let calls come through, the practicality of staying with a 650 is non-existent.

Any thoughts?
    3 Sharp Wizards (who can remember the model #'s anymore?) -> REX -> PalmPilot -> PalmPilot w/1 MB Upgrade -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm m505 -> Treo 90 -> Treo 600 (Sprint) -> Treo 650 (Sprint) -> Treo 700p (Sprint) -> Treo 755p (Sprint) -> Centro (KB & Batt too small) -> Treo 755p & Black Centro

Current "essential" programs: Chatter, 2day, TakePhone, SplashID, PalmPDF, 4Cast, DA, GoogleMaps, BackupMan, PowerHero, KeyCaps, LudusP, mSafe, TextPlus, VolumeCare, ePocrates, zLauncher.
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    Gadgetfreak -

I am using the 755p with Chatter and I don't have a lag problem. Do you have the following performance settings:

Deeper Sleep: Checked
    Latency: more
    Updates to Server: fast
    Signal Req'd for Data: Good signal

If you don't, this may be where the problem lies. I think the Latency: more is the most critical option to have set.

good luck
    BB GoAmerica > BB Earthlink > Verizon Treo 600 > Sprint Treo 650 > Sprint Treo 700p > Sprint Treo 755p & Sprint MotoQ
    I'm with ambtreo, everything rocks!
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    Yep every rocks here too.

Al
    stable & lag free here also... definitely a better device than my 650
    HTC Touch Pro
  6.    #6  
    The only difference I have is my Updates to Server is set to delayed. But I can't imagine that would cause lags. Could it possibly be textplus? Versamail? Besides LudusP and KeyCaps, that is all I have that is on all the time. Any thoughts? Thanks.
    3 Sharp Wizards (who can remember the model #'s anymore?) -> REX -> PalmPilot -> PalmPilot w/1 MB Upgrade -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm m505 -> Treo 90 -> Treo 600 (Sprint) -> Treo 650 (Sprint) -> Treo 700p (Sprint) -> Treo 755p (Sprint) -> Centro (KB & Batt too small) -> Treo 755p & Black Centro

Current "essential" programs: Chatter, 2day, TakePhone, SplashID, PalmPDF, 4Cast, DA, GoogleMaps, BackupMan, PowerHero, KeyCaps, LudusP, mSafe, TextPlus, VolumeCare, ePocrates, zLauncher.
    since you say the lag comes in while typing, my guess is textplus is the culprit... I use keycaps, & versamail.. and I used LudusP briefly... none of those gave me any noticable lag...
    HTC Touch Pro
  8.    #8  
    I will test more. Possibly the textplus anywhere feature in textplus is causing the lag. Anyone have textplus that can comment? Can anyone recommend an alternative? Thanks.

I don't have that many 3rd party apps, but I have chatter and my 755 lags when I go from Chatter to any other program and vice-versa. It's about 5-7 seconds...I didn't have that on my 650....but I love this phone and Chatter is great...so I will live with it!
    I jumped from a 600 to the 755. Huge differnce between phones and would never go back. Still I see some lags esp. when switching programs. No keycaps and no chattermail
    I'm with gadgetfreak. I do experience stuttering or lags. But I also think Chatter is a must. I upgraded from a 600, so even tho there are stutters & lags, it's still faster than the 600!! Does the Quick Exit (Treo 700p) make a difference?
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    Having 700P quick exit checked or unchecked in Chatter makes no difference on my 755p. I have lag build up over a bit of time too. It is even affecting pTunes to the point where it even skips a little more than my post MR 700p update.
    HP Pre 3 16GB AT&T
    HP Touchpad 32GB
    ok, I do get about 3 second delay exiting chatter, not really worth mentioning, but that's about it

just curious, laggers how did you upgrade from previous treos?

me personally,
    -I did one final sync of my 650 pim data (to Outlook)
    -uninstalled my 650palm sw from my pc,
    -renamed & moved my backup folder
    deleted the palm folder
    -installed new 755 palm sw disc
    -synced 755 pim data
    -downloaded the newest versions of all my apps
    -installed all apps one by one

the only files I used from my previous 650 were my blazer bookmarks & text messages... I didn't want to take any chances & curupt any of my db's on the new device...
    HTC Touch Pro
  14.    #14  
    I did a complete fresh install too. I also notice lags when the phone is actively trying to move data. I think I remember reading about that in another thread. As I said, I think the 755p is much better than the 700p and, because of EVDO and memory, much better than the 650. If the 650 had EVDO though, I would seriously consider sticking with it and using zlauncher to handle the memory problems. I never had any lags on the 650.

I deleted Textplus on my 700p because it added too much lag.

Al
    Ambtreo, thanks for the great advice for Chatter re: lagging. I've had my 755p a week after upgrading from a 650, and I had been experiencing the lag issue. I changed the settings as you suggested in Chatter, and I'm back to virtually no lag. Thanks a bunch!
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by crobinso13 View Post
    Ambtreo, thanks for the great advice for Chatter re: lagging. I've had my 755p a week after upgrading from a 650, and I had been experiencing the lag issue. I changed the settings as you suggested in Chatter, and I'm back to virtually no lag. Thanks a bunch!
    glad to help out crobinso13.

gadgetfreak -

It sounds like textplus is the lag culprit.
    BB GoAmerica > BB Earthlink > Verizon Treo 600 > Sprint Treo 650 > Sprint Treo 700p > Sprint Treo 755p & Sprint MotoQ
    For what's worth, I'm also running Chatter and I haven't really noticed any major delays. Granted, it doesn't switch over to other applications as quickly, for example, like the calculator. Every once in awhile, I see a few seconds of the white screen. I recently removed ZLauncher and I noticed that my 755p is much snappier now. I really like ZLauncher, but it does seem to add a lag when switching between applications.