1.    #1  
    With the MR in palm limbo, and the blog going silent (see my post in treo general)... What are we to do... I cannot get verizon to budge on getting me a different phone... so untill I reach the point of breaking down and buying one a full retail I am stuck with my treo... I have gotten the phone mostly stable by not using VersaMail....(going on 4 days with no reset... woo hoo) still acts up ocasionally (mostly lags)... I am wondering if this is going to be as good as it gets?!?!?
    Global Posts
    184 Global Posts
    try a better mail client, like Chatter.
    Global Posts
    374 Global Posts
    I am in the same unstable boat as you are. I have tried other mail clients as well as a bare bones system with no 3rd party apps loaded and both experience lags and random resets.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by eodell View Post
    try a better mail client, like Chatter.
    I would use Chatter, buy I cannot send e-mail with it... I get a failure because my ISP does not allow relaying...
    Global Posts
    184 Global Posts
    What about Snapper?
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by eodell View Post
    What about Snapper?
    Have not tried it... I am getting buy with Wireless Sync... It's not great, but works, and actually has been usefull for when I have to hard reset and I can get most of my information back with out having to be at my pc...

Honestly I do not want to invest too much in 3rd party software untill I know where palm is going...
    Global Posts
    853 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozen001 View Post
    I would use Chatter, buy I cannot send e-mail with it... I get a failure because my ISP does not allow relaying...
    I just fixed that issue yesterday, I have Cablevision. Call Sprint or Verizon, they have a workaround for that. It deals with changing the Outgoing info to the Wireless provider rather than your ISP.
    Nay, our beef is with Palm.

You could tell V to get stuffed, pay the early termination fee and go elsewhere, then you can get the discounts on a new phone (except that would cost about the same as buying a new phone). I was thinking of that with Sprint but I got a hold of myself. With the exception of BT my 700p was/is functioning properly with little crashing. But, I'm not an extreme power user.

Frankly, I don't think there is anything we can do besides not buy another Treo or Palm product. We paid for it, agreed to a 2 year contract, kept it past 30 day trial period, so we are basically stuck...if you don't want to pay the ETF and move to a different carrier, suck it up...it's reality...and awful.

Besides, is it really V's or S's fault the Palm 700p is screwey and never lived up to it's potential? Is it their fault that the MR and the way this has been handled by Palm is ameraturish and bordering on laughable (that is if you don't have a crippled phone)?? The MR never was on S's site only on Palm's. Reluctantly, it probably is not their fault...

{sarcasim on} Besides, customers are not the primary focus of V and S...profit for shareholders is the name of the game. They've got your money and your legal commitment to a 2 year contract. If you pay for insurance you are covered to get a new phone, if not your stuffed yourself...nuff said.

I'm waiting out my contract (another full year with a marginal phone) and will think long and hard about buying Palm again. There are just too many choices out there to be left out to dry like we are with the 700p.

This fiasco is Palm's fault and they should send out 755's to all registered 700p owners although I'm not sure I really want another Palm or Garnet based device if I have to re-up for 2 more years...even if it does work. I'm waiting beside my mailbox.........................
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozen001 View Post
    With the MR in palm limbo, and the blog going silent (see my post in treo general)... What are we to do... I cannot get verizon to budge on getting me a different phone... so untill I reach the point of breaking down and buying one a full retail I am stuck with my treo... I have gotten the phone mostly stable by not using VersaMail....(going on 4 days with no reset... woo hoo) still acts up ocasionally (mostly lags)... I am wondering if this is going to be as good as it gets?!?!?
    After all the Hoo-ha with my phone issues I stopped using bluetooth because I know thats the ultimate culprit of rebooting my phone. My phone didnt reboot once for 4 days. On day 4 I took it off the charger and was ready to head out and i looked at my phone ant it was in infinite reboot mode. So infinite that I had to hard-reset and restore. Not too pleased with it as it was the first time EVER my phone did anything like that after being so nice for 4 days.
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by ncc1701p View Post
    After all the Hoo-ha with my phone issues I stopped using bluetooth because I know thats the ultimate culprit of rebooting my phone. My phone didnt reboot once for 4 days. On day 4 I took it off the charger and was ready to head out and i looked at my phone ant it was in infinite reboot mode. So infinite that I had to hard-reset and restore. Not too pleased with it as it was the first time EVER my phone did anything like that after being so nice for 4 days.
    I have pretty much resigned to the fact that I will have to do something that will loose my data, so I keep backups... as there is nothing that I will be able to do. It is obvious that Palm is not going to be able to totally fix the 700p. I believe it is definitely a hardware/software combination problem that is not going to be fixed with a new/updated ROM. Hopefully something better will catch my eye that has the ease of use of the palm OS, but is rock solid in performance.
    The latest so-called delay on the MR for the 700p was the last straw for me. I switched over to the BB Curve with AT&T and have enjoyed the most stable two days that I can remember -- electronic-wise that is. (grin)

Bluetooth is back and flawless, no lags or delays & frustrating multiple clicks opening and closing apps, and I found I don't miss the EVDO speeds either. I kind of like the pushed email as well.

Looks like my Treo Central days are over. Thanks to all for such great advice and support since my switch to Treo from the Kyocera 7035. Bye!