1.    #1  
    The MR wierdness continues....apologies if this has been covered before but I had been basically 'networkless' from Wednesday morning through Friday evening so I've missed a lot of posts.

Preamble/Rant:
    I installed the MR in tethered mode Monday. On Tuesday I noticed some of the files weren't at the correct revisions. Friday, I downloaded the SD update and subsequently bricked my Treo. It went into the infamous Access loop. For two days, I tried every known and unknown reset to no avail as well as all of the battery/power tricks in various threads on the forum. Called retentions in disgust and was promised (unsolicited) a new 755p if I went into a Sprint Store and had the looping documented (did that). Agent noted he would call me Monday. Call never came. Many heated calls later, Sprint basically told me I was delusional. There was no way I was getting a 'free' 755p. I asked to speak directly with the original rep, but they said all they could do was send an email. I informed the Supervisor that 3 internal emails (including their so called Priortiy One email) had been sent with no result.

The Point:
    I was going to call Verizon in the morning when I decided to try reviving my 700p one more time. It had been sitting without a battery since Saturday evening. Put the battery in, did the usual Hard Reset/Erase Data and poof. I got a long Access screen then a short Access screen followed by the Palm screen. Baby came up and I was able to do a successful SD MR upgrade.

I hate Sprint for the 5 plus hours spent on the phone and the Store and the now useless mini SDs I ordered. But I have a revived Treo that will suffice until I decide what I want to do about Sprint's (and in a way Palm's) crapy Customer Care.

The only reason I've stayed with Sprint is the data plan and the grandfathered pricing. I've stayed with Palm, well, because it's a Palm...

Better fix my sig....
    PIII,PIIIx,V,Vx,M505,M515,TT,T3,650,700p=>>iPhone
    There's more to life than technology....but not a whole lot more
    Palm should have been sending you a new phone, not Sprint. Palm put the piece of sh*t MR out in the first place. Whoever the clown is a Palm that is responsible for it should be drawn and quartered.
    Youre in the same boat i am buddy. Everyone at Sprint including all the diff reps from diff departments i talked to, the managers at the 2 different stores that i visited, and basicaly everyone else at Sprint thought i was delusional for tell them that a girl wrote in my note to take my 700p in and swap for a 755. Im tired about dealing with SPrint an getting the run around just as much as everyone else is.
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by England Fan View Post
    Youre in the same boat i am buddy. Everyone at Sprint including all the diff reps from diff departments i talked to, the managers at the 2 different stores that i visited, and basicaly everyone else at Sprint thought i was delusional for tell them that a girl wrote in my note to take my 700p in and swap for a 755. Im tired about dealing with SPrint an getting the run around just as much as everyone else is.
    Ya sprint customer service sucks BIG time. Same thing happened to me. A rep will say they put a note about your account and then you call later and they have no clue what you are talking about. Supervisor said they will email the rep and again nothing....

Super Short version: Rep messes up my account costing me $200 disconnect fee. Call for 3 weeks to get resolved. Sprint suspends my phone service for unpaid bill (I'm not paying for wrong charge). Call back explain the WHOLE thing again. Lift suspension for 7 days. Will call and explain it ALL again when I have 2+ hours of free time between my two jobs.

I bought CallRec ($19.99) for my 700p and am now recording all conversations with Sprint. Highly recommended if you do business with sprint.
    Global Posts
    191 Global Posts
    Ha! I've done the same thing when i was ordering treo700p - I've used callrec to record the phone call. When the phone never showed up on the day they promissed and i called, i was talled that i was delusional - I played back the recording and the Sprint rep and his supervisor both said that they applogise for the first rep who give me incorrect information, but regardless of that, they will not do what the first one promissed. So it's not going to help you - i have first hand expirience with that.
    That was the conversation
    -I was promissed a new treo700p for $199 to be shipped to me and be here by friday
    -No way someone could promissed you that
    -I've recorded the conversation including the name of the CSR, can I playback it to you.
    -sure
    ...playback goes...
    ...he talks to the superwisor....
    They both get on line and say literaly
    -We applogise for the first rep who gaveyou incorrect information...
    -yes, so no when will i get my new treo?
    -unfortunately ,sir , we cannot sell you a new treo 700p for $199
    -but you guy promissed it to me, you've heard the recording!?
    -yes we did and we applogise.....
    )))))

BTW, I've tried to do the same trick with comcast, they even refused to listen to the recording - the told me that they din't give me permition to record the call and so it's illegal for me to do so ))))
    The beauty of the Sprint reps is that none of them are on the same page. That allows us to manipulate the system with patience. Sooner or later you get someone to do what the others are telling you can't be done.
    Quote Originally Posted by RICHINMJ View Post
    The beauty of the Sprint reps is that none of them are on the same page. That allows us to manipulate the system with patience. Sooner or later you get someone to do what the others are telling you can't be done.
    OUt of all the 20+ calls ive made to sprint, why cant i get one of those reps that can manipulate the system for me? just my luck i guess
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by England Fan View Post
    OUt of all the 20+ calls ive made to sprint, why cant i get one of those reps that can manipulate the system for me? just my luck i guess
    Yup no luck for me either... Heck, I can't even get them to fix their own mistake let alone give me a deal on anything.