1.    #1  
    I'm in the LA metro area and using www.dslreports.com/mspeed I am clocking my dl speeds at about 150-200 kbps, using the 600k link. Sometimes, if I'm lucky, I'll get 300-320ish. Anyone else in LA get better or worse? btw, I have tested it at all hours of the day and night.
    I'm in East Los Angeles, DSL Reports suck, go to:
    http://www.2wire.com/
    & tap on Speed Meter, better reading....
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    I get 1362 kbit/sec when I use Opera Mini on the text.dslreports.com/mspeed doing the 1MB file. Wow, that's fast. And 1.12Mbps on 2wire.com using Opera Mini.

I get 182 kbit/sec when I use Blazer. How come Blazer is so much slower?

I'm in Jacksonville, Florida.
    Why? Because Blazer sucks

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
  5.    #5  
    I take it you use opera mini reverendrhino? I checked it out and it looks to be free???
    Opera doesn't get an actual reading because it uses a proxy. You're 1300+ kb/s is not your actual download speed.
    Just tried Opera and after installing it and the JavaVM I couldn't get it to load a page (2wire.com) - it would crash back to the desktop each time I tried to go to the URL.
    Yes, but sadly it keeps freezing my 755p so I got rid of it, back to Blazer. Opera is free, if it closes on you, its your settings...do a search on this forum to get the correct settings, I just forgot where I read it....

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    Mobile speed test

132 kbit/sec

0.616s latency
    36.788s d/l time.again.
    Looking for a way to earn additional income? One that allows you to not only market services people use everyday, but the services of the future too? This opportunity provides outstanding earning potential with ongoing training and support. You are in business for yourself but never by yourself. Stop imagining and start living.

Independent Representative
    Carl Brooks
    carl@techloyal.com
    http://www.techloyal.com
    Mobile speed test

214 kbit/sec

0.971s latency
    7.89s d/l time.again.

Wash DC

Don't have a clue what it means. Certainly doesn't mean much when 1/2 the time nothing downloads and it times out. I've gotten so that if it doesn't work in 10s I stop it and refresh. it usually loads immediately.
    2wire speed meter test, not exactly sure how to interperet this:
    sprint treo 755p- "your current bandwith reading is 599 kbps, you 384 kbps"
    sprint treo 700wx - "your current bandwith reading is 0.00kbps"

dsl reports
    treo 755p 1mb- 289 kbps
    treo 700wx 1mb- 520 kbps
    Jimmie Geddes
    Global Posts
    566 Global Posts
    DSLreports: 210 kbit/sec, 0.544s latency, 39.02 d/l time.

San Jose, CA

Cheers.
    There's many old posts about this(search this topic, 700p section)...DSL Speed is not very accurate, 2wire seems to be closer than any others. In my eyes, anything over 400kbs is good, but I believe Sprint's rules is 300-600. DSL Speed I get 290, 2wire I get 679-800, depending on the time of day I test. I'm NOW a happy camper

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    Results using Blazer
    @ 2wire:
    1st test - 578.10 kbps
    2nd time - reset the 755
    3rd time - 480.60 kbps

@ text.dsreports.com/mspeed:
    using the 1mb file:
    182 kbit/sec
    0.452 s latency
    45.395 s d/l time
    Results from Richmond, VA using Blazer and 2wire.

I checked at the office, at home and at the Richmond airport (RIC)--all three in different parts of town. I consistetly registered speeds of 565-596 kbps, and I wasn't dropped once.

This is my 1st EVDO phone, and I'm pretty darn happy.
    DSL Reports & Blazer don't get along. Whenever I test it, the data downloads quickly, and then there's a long pause before DSLReports recognizes the download is complete. That delay gets factored into their speed calculation. Last time I checked, I did my own timing with a stopwatch, and actual download speeds (to the end of data transmission) were roughly twice what DSLReports calculated.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.