1.    #1  
    I realize these questions may be trivial to some of you but i'd appreciate a couple of answers. I've tried searching but am having trouble getting the exact answers i'm looking for.

1. I know that with past models there was a constantly blinking light signifying 'connection to the network' Is that option still available on the 755p? I realize this option annoys many of you but I would find it to be useful in my current situation, is there a way to get it back if it is gone?
    2. Is there anywhere that I can find information in regard to the meanings of certain random alerts / LED color flashes - I'm new to the palm smartphone world and seem sort of lost at times
    3. Is there a particularly good source of freeware apps for palm? Do most of them require payment? What is a rough estimate on prices / good 'need to have' apps?
    4. Does the IM app use SMS? I've heard conflicting reports on this topic and due to me having unlimited data and limited SMS texting it seems vital that I know before I go chatting away.
    5. I've heard of people typing commands into a 'console.' How do you access this console? Are there any common and useful commands? (Familiar with unix / linux command oriented programming)

Thanks for your help in advance,

Mike
    1. This is gone from the 700 and the 755 models. If you want this option you can download Butler from Hobbylist, you can then change the LED to do pretty much what you want. I don't have a link to it right now as I'm at work, but you can goggle "butler for palm" and pull it up. Also if you do a search here you can find more info regarding butler and the 755.

2. As far as alerts, what are you referring to ? Most of the alerts you can find out what they are by holding down the center button for a few seconds and it will take you to an alert page and it will say if it was a missed call, an alarm or etc...

3. There is a thread about that right now in this forum about the needed apps or something close to that, if you look you'll see it and most of everyone there gave a description of the program that they use and what it does, as for sites, there's a lot of different sites you can go to. Palmgear.com, Handango.com, mytreo.net, those are just a few I'm sure there are more but those are the only ones that come to mind as of now.

4. That topic has been talked about several times, if you look in the 755 forum you'll see several different topics about the IM application that comes with the 755 as well as Mundu another IM app that is talked about in detail here in the forum.

5. I'm not sure what you’re referring to, so I can't really help you with that one. Hopefully someone will chime in and give you some help there.

6. Take your time and read over the post in the 755 forum and you'll pretty much get all the info you need just within here.

Hope that helps
    Remember, this is my opinion ! We all have a right to our own.....

Treo's 650-800..NOW,
    Palm Pre
  3.    #3  
    Thanks, that helps a lot
    I have a quick question but haven't seen a thread that fit yet. So I'll start here. When a call ends about 50% of the time the screen defaults back to dial pad. The other times it automatically goes back to the contacts list. Not a huge deal but very annoying to me. Why not one or the other at all times? I'm not sure if it's a glitch and I should exchange the phone or not. I had a 650 before and everytime a call ended it went back to the dial pad screen. I've done soft and hard resets, no luck. Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by cmdnur View Post
    I have a quick question but haven't seen a thread that fit yet. So I'll start here. When a call ends about 50% of the time the screen defaults back to dial pad. The other times it automatically goes back to the contacts list. Not a huge deal but very annoying to me. Why not one or the other at all times? I'm not sure if it's a glitch and I should exchange the phone or not. I had a 650 before and everytime a call ended it went back to the dial pad screen. I've done soft and hard resets, no luck. Thanks.
    If you make a call from the dial pad then when you hang up you will be back to the dial pad. If you make a call off the contacts list then when you hang up you will be back in contacts.
    Thanks for the input I hope it turns out to fit my situation. I usually only make calls from my contacts but will pay closer attention to make sure. Anyone else have an idea or this problem.
    The blink can be adjusted from the CDMA NV Backup, but which byte I don't know.