Page 1 of 12 12345611 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 226
  1.    #1  
    All,

    GoTreo is about to release a new product called RingCare. RingCare is a ringtone management product that allows you to use mp3's and midi tones for incoming phone calls, text messages and voicemail. RingCare will allow you to assign unique tones to each contact, phone number, company name and/or contact category. RingCare also has partial support for Goodlink users!!!

    RingCare has been tested in a private beta for over a month and is now ready for a public early access program. The program is very stable but there may still be a few problems that have yet to be uncovered. We are anxious for users to experience and use the product so we can fix all of the possible issues as well as get feedback from a larger population about the product, its layout and its feature set.

    If you are interested in trying the product, you will find it at this location for DOWNLOAD. Please post your findings and impressions here so we can improve the product.

    http://GoTreoSoftware.com/images/Rin...CarePortal.bmp http://GoTreoSoftware.com/images/Rin...ngCareMain.bmp http://GoTreoSoftware.com/images/Rin...reContacts.bmp http://GoTreoSoftware.com/images/Rin...ngCareEdit.bmp

    Jeff
    Last edited by jeffgibson; 06/12/2007 at 11:31 AM.
  2.    #2  
    Version 1.32 was just posted that fixed a reset condition that happened if you modified the KNOWN, UNKNOWN or VOICEMAIL entries.

    DOWNLOAD THE UPDATE

    Jeff
  3. #3  
    Well, the screen shots look great and the UI looks very easy to use.

    Are you going to be changing all your software to the new look? I'd love to purchase a revamped ProfileCare. The current one is kind of old and clunky. I can't wait to try this out, as I've been wanting a ringtone manager and this one looks great....

    Too bad I'm not creative enough to find music to use.
  4. twitch3's Avatar
    Posts
    821 Posts
    Global Posts
    860 Global Posts
    #4  
    Jeff,
    I'm glad you decided to do this. I've been looking for a stable RT manager. I think I may have found a bug with the beta. When I receive a call my phone vibrates and the ring tone plays. When I answer, the vibration continues through the entire call until I hang up. When I hang up, the ring tone tries to play again for a few seconds. I have tried different combinations, answer with/out BT headset but get the same results. Sprint 700P with the new MR.
    Visor Deluxe->Visor Edge (Upgraded for $100.00 just by giving them the Serial # of my Visor Deluxe plus I got to keep the Deluxe. Those were the days!)-> Palm M-505->M-515->Tungsten T->Zire 72->Treo 650->->Treo 700P->Treo 755P. Plus various replacements. 8130 Pearl....Sorry
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by twitch3 View Post
    Jeff,
    I'm glad you decided to do this. I've been looking for a stable RT manager. I think I may have found a bug with the beta. When I receive a call my phone vibrates and the ring tone plays. When I answer, the vibration continues through the entire call until I hang up. When I hang up, the ring tone tries to play again for a few seconds. I have tried different combinations, answer with/out BT headset but get the same results. Sprint 700P with the new MR.
    Glad you like the product. with your and other efforts during this early access period, all of the kinks will be worked out of RingCare and it will be rock solid and 100% stable.

    What release were you running when you had the vibrate issue? I just posted 1.33.

    When this problem happened, was RC playing a MIDI tone or an mp3 tone?

    How did you answer the call? Did you use the pen or the keyboard to answer. Or did you use an automatic answer via bluetooth?

    Jeff

    PS. The DOWNLOAD link at the top of this thread will ALWAYS link to the current release of RingCare.
  6. twitch3's Avatar
    Posts
    821 Posts
    Global Posts
    860 Global Posts
    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffgibson View Post
    Glad you like the product. with your and other efforts during this early access period, all of the kinks will be worked out of RingCare and it will be rock solid and 100% stable.

    What release were you running when you had the vibrate issue? I just posted 1.33.

    When this problem happened, was RC playing a MIDI tone or an mp3 tone?

    How did you answer the call? Did you use the pen or the keyboard to answer. Or did you use an automatic answer via bluetooth?

    Jeff

    PS. The DOWNLOAD link at the top of this thread will ALWAYS link to the current release of RingCare.
    1.32 I'm downloading 1.33 now.

    mp3

    I tried the BT answer button and selecting answer with the 5-way.

    Can we install over top of the existing? Disable it first?
    Visor Deluxe->Visor Edge (Upgraded for $100.00 just by giving them the Serial # of my Visor Deluxe plus I got to keep the Deluxe. Those were the days!)-> Palm M-505->M-515->Tungsten T->Zire 72->Treo 650->->Treo 700P->Treo 755P. Plus various replacements. 8130 Pearl....Sorry
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by twitch3 View Post
    Can we install over top of the existing? Disable it first?
    Always disable the current version. Then install the new version right over the top of the old version. Then it is a good idea to do a soft reset. Then after the soft reset, go into the new version and ENABLE it.

    Jeff

    EDIT: What model Treo are you using?
  8. twitch3's Avatar
    Posts
    821 Posts
    Global Posts
    860 Global Posts
    #8  
    700P Sprint
    Correction: I have the problem with MIDI's as well. Also noticed that the MIDI tone only rings once and is then silent, the vibrate continues though. 1.33 does not correct this.
    Visor Deluxe->Visor Edge (Upgraded for $100.00 just by giving them the Serial # of my Visor Deluxe plus I got to keep the Deluxe. Those were the days!)-> Palm M-505->M-515->Tungsten T->Zire 72->Treo 650->->Treo 700P->Treo 755P. Plus various replacements. 8130 Pearl....Sorry
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by twitch3 View Post
    700P Sprint
    Correction: I have the problem with MIDI's as well. Also noticed that the MIDI tone only rings once and is then silent, the vibrate continues though. 1.33 does not correct this.
    The ringtone will always be silenced if you touch the screen or any keys while the phone is ringing. Could this be happening?

    Jeff
  10. twitch3's Avatar
    Posts
    821 Posts
    Global Posts
    860 Global Posts
    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffgibson View Post
    The ringtone will always be silenced if you touch the screen or any keys while the phone is ringing. Could this be happening?

    Jeff
    Negative. I just double checked and left my Treo lying on the desk. Only one ring with the MIDI.
    Visor Deluxe->Visor Edge (Upgraded for $100.00 just by giving them the Serial # of my Visor Deluxe plus I got to keep the Deluxe. Those were the days!)-> Palm M-505->M-515->Tungsten T->Zire 72->Treo 650->->Treo 700P->Treo 755P. Plus various replacements. 8130 Pearl....Sorry
  11. #11  
    Jeff,
    I just downloaded RingCare from the link above. I'm a registered VolumeCare user.

    When I launch RingCare, it tells me that the trial has expired. I clicked on license management, then clicked on the new for RingCare. It then asked if it was ok to connect to the internet to obtain the new license. After replying ok, it attempts to connect to the Web and then resets the device. I've tried several times, and also removed RingCare and reinstalled it, and it behaves the same way everytime. I wouldn't even try connecting if it didn't already say the license was expired. VolumeCare is disabled.

    Any ideas? I'd like to try it out...
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by deadpool1701 View Post
    Jeff,
    I just downloaded RingCare from the link above. I'm a registered VolumeCare user.

    When I launch RingCare, it tells me that the trial has expired. I clicked on license management, then clicked on the new for RingCare. It then asked if it was ok to connect to the internet to obtain the new license. After replying ok, it attempts to connect to the Web and then resets the device. I've tried several times, and also removed RingCare and reinstalled it, and it behaves the same way everytime. I wouldn't even try connecting if it didn't already say the license was expired. VolumeCare is disabled.

    Any ideas? I'd like to try it out...
    This is very strange! What model Treo and what carrier are you using?

    Jeff
  13. #13  
    Jeff,

    I'm using a treo 680 and I'm with Cingular. I thought it was odd that it would tell me the trial was expired and give me only the buy option considering I just installed it, but I'm not sure. I've used VolumeCare for a while now, and I used to have BTMute on the 680 but I removed it. Those are the only other GoTreo apps i've tried, in case it helps to track things down.
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by deadpool1701 View Post
    Jeff,

    I'm using a treo 680 and I'm with Cingular. I thought it was odd that it would tell me the trial was expired and give me only the buy option considering I just installed it, but I'm not sure. I've used VolumeCare for a while now, and I used to have BTMute on the 680 but I removed it. Those are the only other GoTreo apps i've tried, in case it helps to track things down.
    Contact me at support@gotreosoftware.com. Give me your email and a contact number and we will work this out.

    Jeff
  15. #15  
    You've got mail, Jeff.
  16. #16  
    Jeff,

    Where in the new app can you see what version number you're running? Also, is there a "look for updates" prompt anywhere? I couldn't find either.

    I noticed when I made a new contacts entry that the application recognized the new entry and asked me if I wanted to scan contacts...I said yes, and the scan process took a minute or two. Does this happen every time I alter contacts?
  17.    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by firstbeat View Post
    Jeff,

    Where in the new app can you see what version number you're running? Also, is there a "look for updates" prompt anywhere? I couldn't find either.

    I noticed when I made a new contacts entry that the application recognized the new entry and asked me if I wanted to scan contacts...I said yes, and the scan process took a minute or two. Does this happen every time I alter contacts?
    I will be adding a "Look for Updates" option very soon. Perhaps tomorrow.

    The version number is listed in the LICENSE MANAGEMENT screen.

    When ever you modify the contacts DB, RingCare will detect this and ask you if you want to have RingCare recognize this update. You can say NO but RingCare will not know about the change and will not act appropriately for this new/changed/deleted contact. The update does take a little bit of time. The amount of time is dependant on a few factors:

    1) The number of contacts in your address book
    2) Even more importantly, the model of Treo you have. Most Treo models after the 650 are terribly slow at writing to database files. The 650 is about 2x as fast as all of the other Treo models.


    How would you expect RingCare to behave when a change is made to the contact database? It is still not too late to effect this behavior.

    Jeff
  18.    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by deadpool1701 View Post
    You've got mail, Jeff.
    I will call you tomorrow.

    Jeff
  19. #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffgibson View Post
    abase files. The 650 is about 2x as fast as all of the other Treo models.


    How would you expect RingCare to behave when a change is made to the contact database? It is still not too late to effect this behavior.

    Jeff
    Well...Chatter updates every time a change is made to contacts, It doesn't ask for permission, it just does it. That is basically an instant process. I realize that your application updates specific fields, groups, categories etc. so it seems natural to me that it would be a longer process. I suppose (for me) if there was a scheduled refresh in the program say for example, every night at 3:00 am I tell the program to synch with my contacts only if a change has been made in the previous 24 hours, that would be painless. I can't really see the need to instantly assign ringers the moment i add a contact. Perhaps the next time I open the application after a refresh I'm greeted with a message saying "There have been updates to your ringer database...would you like to assign ringtones to them now?" Might be a bit much, but heck...you asked!

    Thanks!

    Jeff
  20.    #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by firstbeat View Post
    Well...Chatter updates every time a change is made to contacts, It doesn't ask for permission, it just does it. That is basically an instant process. I realize that your application updates specific fields, groups, categories etc. so it seems natural to me that it would be a longer process. I suppose (for me) if there was a scheduled refresh in the program say for example, every night at 3:00 am I tell the program to synch with my contacts only if a change has been made in the previous 24 hours, that would be painless. I can't really see the need to instantly assign ringers the moment i add a contact. Perhaps the next time I open the application after a refresh I'm greeted with a message saying "There have been updates to your ringer database...would you like to assign ringtones to them now?" Might be a bit much, but heck...you asked!

    Thanks!

    Jeff
    Good input! The one reason I have RingCare ask at the time of the change is this: If you have just added a contact number, RingCare will not know about the new number until the update is performed. This means that if this person happens to call before the update is made, they will get the UNKNOWN caller tone rather than the KNOWN caller tone.

    You do have a good idea to provide the option to have a timed sync at some user assigned time of day. I will work on this feature soon. I will also make sure the question to perform the immediate update is only asked once per edit. You also have the option to tell RingCare to never ask the question again. I suppose I need an feature in the Options screen that allows you to reverse this answer.

    Good feedback! Keep it coming.....

    Jeff
Page 1 of 12 12345611 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions