Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffgibson View Post
    Will do it today. Now, why don't you store the mp3 ringtone on the sd card and save the memory in your Treo?

Jeff
    I would, but minitones doesn't work that way. It puts the mp3 in the standard sounds list so it can be picked from the Prefs.
  2.    #122  
    Quote Originally Posted by Keleko View Post
    I would, but minitones doesn't work that way. It puts the mp3 in the standard sounds list so it can be picked from the Prefs.
    Ah I see! RingCare Desktop will not have that limitation. I will be introducing the Desktop to the beta team in a few days.

Jeff
    MiniTones was the "quick, dirty, and free" method for putting my desired ringtone in place. I'm not hurting on Treo memory, but I have been considering going with individual ringtones, and that would use up a lot of space with MiniTones. So, I'm trying out RingCare for that feature, as well as to help you out with testing it.
    The benefit of MiniTones' way is that you use the mp3 for any alert, instead of being limited to incoming calls, text msgs and voicemail. This way you can also use a mp3 for your alarms or Chatter notifications.
    - always ill, but highly intelligent -
    webmaster Palmclub.nl
    Global Posts
    860 Global Posts
    I don't know if it still matters or not, but I still get the memory not all freed up 2 when I exit RC.
    Visor Deluxe->Visor Edge (Upgraded for $100.00 just by giving them the Serial # of my Visor Deluxe plus I got to keep the Deluxe. Those were the days!)-> Palm M-505->M-515->Tungsten T->Zire 72->Treo 650->->Treo 700P->Treo 755P. Plus various replacements. 8130 Pearl....Sorry
  6.    #126  
    MiniTones was the "quick, dirty, and free" method for putting my desired ringtone in place. I'm not hurting on Treo memory, but I have been considering going with individual ringtones, and that would use up a lot of space with MiniTones. So, I'm trying out RingCare for that feature, as well as to help you out with testing it.
    Your help is much appreciated. You are right that MP3's in the tones database are useful. Would you find it useful if I provided a feature in RingCare that would allow you to install an MP3 into the Tones database? I don't see people using it for the majority of their ringtone storage but I do see it as a useful feature. If you think it is a good idea, would you expect that the mp3 file on the SD card would be removed if you moved it to the tones database? Or should it reside in both locations?

Jeff
  7.    #127  
    Quote Originally Posted by twitch3 View Post
    I don't know if it still matters or not, but I still get the memory not all freed up 2 when I exit RC.
    What version of RC are you running? Try this for me if you would:

1) soft reset your Treo
    2) try to give me a sequence of steps you perform to get the message to appear.

Jeff
    Global Posts
    860 Global Posts
    What version of RC are you running? Try this for me if you would:

1) soft reset your Treo
    2) try to give me a sequence of steps you perform to get the message to appear.

Jeff
    It appears to only appear after a version update. It doesn;t repeat after a soft reset.
    Upgrade Procedure.
    1. Disable RC
    2. Update OTA or Hot Sync depending on where I am (but I get the error either way).
    3. Re-enable.
    4. Select the contacts button in RC.
    5. Contacts sort.
    6. Press the back arrow until I'm back at the home screen.
    7. Exit via a hard key.
    8. Error pops up.
    Visor Deluxe->Visor Edge (Upgraded for $100.00 just by giving them the Serial # of my Visor Deluxe plus I got to keep the Deluxe. Those were the days!)-> Palm M-505->M-515->Tungsten T->Zire 72->Treo 650->->Treo 700P->Treo 755P. Plus various replacements. 8130 Pearl....Sorry
  9.    #129  
    It appears to only appear after a version update. It doesn;t repeat after a soft reset.
    Upgrade Procedure.
    1. Disable RC
    2. Update OTA or Hot Sync depending on where I am (but I get the error either way).
    3. Re-enable.
    4. Select the contacts button in RC.
    5. Contacts sort.
    6. Press the back arrow until I'm back at the home screen.
    7. Exit via a hard key.
    8. Error pops up.
    Thanks for the information but I think we are missing some steps because I can not reproduce the memory message.

Can we start from a soft reset? When you say upgrade VIA OTA do you mean the update button inside of RingCare? (btw: there is no need to disable RingCare if you use the upgrade button in the Options screen.) Do you make any phone calls prior to the upgrade or get an text messages or voicemail alerts?

Jeff
  10.    #130  
    Quote Originally Posted by djr View Post
    The benefit of MiniTones' way is that you use the mp3 for any alert, instead of being limited to incoming calls, text msgs and voicemail. This way you can also use a mp3 for your alarms or Chatter notifications.
    I now have this feature in RingCare! Thanks for bringing up this feature need! I will release the update as soon as I get the graphics for the button back from the artist.

Jeff
    Global Posts
    860 Global Posts
    Thanks for the information but I think we are missing some steps because I can not reproduce the memory message.

Can we start from a soft reset? When you say upgrade VIA OTA do you mean the update button inside of RingCare? (btw: there is no need to disable RingCare if you use the upgrade button in the Options screen.) Do you make any phone calls prior to the upgrade or get an text messages or voicemail alerts?

Jeff
    OTA would be the update button in RC. Glad to know I don't have to disable now. I'll have to wait until the next release. It hasn't had the error since I upgraded to 1.51.
    I now have this feature in RingCare! Thanks for bringing up this feature need! I will release the update as soon as I get the graphics for the button back from the artist.

Jeff
    Am I reading this right, and I can use an mp3 stored on the card for any sound needs, or is it the functionality of minitones to move the mp3 into the memory for tones?

if it's the first, then when can i buy?
  13.    #133  
    Quote Originally Posted by deadpool1701 View Post
    Am I reading this right, and I can use an mp3 stored on the card for any sound needs, or is it the functionality of minitones to move the mp3 into the memory for tones?

if it's the first, then when can i buy?
    RingCare is now providing the ability to copy MP3's to the main memory of the Treo so it can be used just like any other tone that is available in the tones library. But all MP3's on the card may be used for phone, text and voicemail alerts.

I hope you still see value in RingCare and decide to purchase.

Jeff
    Global Posts
    367 Global Posts
    Just downloaded and installed 1.51b. I also get the Memory Not all Freed Up! error.. Tried resetting my 755p (Sprint - Blue), and it seems to have stopped. But it definitely did it every time I exited until I reset.
  15.    #135  
    Quote Originally Posted by Crimson View Post
    Just downloaded and installed 1.51b. I also get the Memory Not all Freed Up! error.. Tried resetting my 755p (Sprint - Blue), and it seems to have stopped. But it definitely did it every time I exited until I reset.
    Once you get the memory message you will continue to get it until you do a reset. But the count should stay the same. If you can tell me what you did to get it in the first place or what you do to get the count to increase, that would be great!

Again, this error is not that big of a deal, but I would like to make sure RingCare cleans up after itself when you exit the program.

Jeff
  16.    #136  
    I just posted version 1.52b.

- Added the feature that allows you to copy MP3's to the Treo's default tone database that resides in main memory. You access the feature by going into the RingTone screen and select an MP3 file. A new button will appear in the bottom bar called "Copy to Palm".
    - Added a graphic that identifies if the tone is on the SD Card
    - Plugged another memory leak
    - Fixed a condition that caused a crash when the SD Card was removed and then replaced.

Jeff
    Global Posts
    367 Global Posts
    By 'count' you mean the # in the Window with the error? If thats what you mean then it stayed at 1. When I first installed it, I pretty much just went into the program, it updated some stuff on its own.. and I clicked on contacts, clicked on known called.. selected an mp3 to play, tested it, but did not select it.. hit the back button, and then hit the Home key to exit the app.
  18.    #138  
    Quote Originally Posted by Crimson View Post
    By 'count' you mean the # in the Window with the error? If thats what you mean then it stayed at 1. When I first installed it, I pretty much just went into the program, it updated some stuff on its own.. and I clicked on contacts, clicked on known called.. selected an mp3 to play, tested it, but did not select it.. hit the back button, and then hit the Home key to exit the app.
    Perfect! I can reproduce the error! Will post an update as soon as I can find the problem.

Jeff
    Global Posts
    860 Global Posts
    OTA would be the update button in RC. Glad to know I don't have to disable now. I'll have to wait until the next release. It hasn't had the error since I upgraded to 1.51.
    Update:
    Upgrading to 1.52 from 1.51.
    No calls or SMS's for over an hour.
    Haven't soft reset since last night when we started troubleshooting.
    This is the first time I have seen this error since upgrading to 1.51.
    Selected check for updates from within RC.
    Just before Blazer opened, I got the error.
    RingCare is now providing the ability to copy MP3's to the main memory of the Treo so it can be used just like any other tone that is available in the tones library. But all MP3's on the card may be used for phone, text and voicemail alerts.

I hope you still see value in RingCare and decide to purchase.

Jeff
    oh, of course i see it...

it would at least allow me to remove minitones to save some space...