Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 120 of 226
  1.    #101  
    Quote Originally Posted by herofromsomeday View Post
    I get this error when I exit out of RingCare most of the time, and I have a Sprint Treo 755p.
    Thanks. This error is no real big deal but I would be very interested in knowing what steps you followed in the application to produce this error. In the final product, I will remove this message.

    Jeff
  2.    #102  
    FOR 680 USERS

    Here is a link to a utility that will allow RingCare to see incoming calls earlier than is currently possible. Simply install this application into the main memory of the Treo 680. Then disable and reenable RingCare. The utility is ready to use. (It will hide itself in your Treo so you will not see it in the application screen.)

    http://GoTreoSoftware.com/downloads/...CareNumber.prc

    Palm changed the way the phone application worked in the Treo 680. Because of this change, 3rd party applictions have to wait a LONG time before they are notified of incoming calls. This utility enabled RingCare to see the incoming call at least 1-2 seconds earlier than it currently does.

    Jeff
  3.    #103  
    Version 1.48b posted.

    - Fixes integration with the Treo 680 utility posted previously
    - Fixed a memory leak
    - Fixed the MISSED call feature. Before it would not log a missed call if you were on a phone call already.

    Jeff
  4. #104  
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffgibson View Post
    NEVER BE AFRAID TO POST YOUR THOUGHTS!! I knew what and for what reason you were asking.

    The vibrate alert that I am using is "supposed" to be the Phone vibrate alert. I will look into this behavior.

    Jeff
    Hey. I just installed the latest beta (1.48b) onto my Treo and it seems to have resolved the issue I was having with the vibrate alert.

    One thing that is still happening is that when I answer an incoming call, it takes about 1-2 seconds for the vibration + ringtone to stop. Wasn't this issue supposed to be fixed in the last release?


    P.S. Props on working so hard on this. I love how everytime I or anyone else posts a problem, it only takes a few hours for it to get fixed.
    [=
  5.    #105  
    Quote Originally Posted by herofromsomeday View Post
    Hey. I just installed the latest beta (1.48b) onto my Treo and it seems to have resolved the issue I was having with the vibrate alert.
    Outstanding!

    One thing that is still happening is that when I answer an incoming call, it takes about 1-2 seconds for the vibration + ringtone to stop. Wasn't this issue supposed to be fixed in the last release?
    What model Treo are you using? I have not been able to reproduce this behavior with 1.48.

    EDIT ADDITION: I am thinking that since you say both the tone and the vibrations both continue after the call is answered, it sounds to me like you may have a very busy Treo. RingCare almost immediately initiates a Stop vibrate command when you answer the call. I could almost understand the tone playing for a split second since the buffers have to flush, but the vibrate is killed within milliseconds of answering the call. Are there many applications installed on your device that run in the background? Do you have the utility called PalmInternals on your device? I am curious to know what applications are using the HEDE notification. If you need help installing and interpreting this utility send me an email to 'support AT GoTreoSoftware.com'.

    P.S. Props on working so hard on this. I love how everytime I or anyone else posts a problem, it only takes a few hours for it to get fixed.
    [=
    Thanks but the thanks need to be from me to all of you! Its easy to fix issues when you get quality testing and feedback!

    Jeff
    Last edited by jeffgibson; 06/18/2007 at 11:35 PM. Reason: Adding comments
  6. #106  
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffgibson View Post
    What model Treo are you using? I have not been able to reproduce this behavior with 1.48.

    EDIT ADDITION: I am thinking that since you say both the tone and the vibrations both continue after the call is answered, it sounds to me like you may have a very busy Treo. RingCare almost immediately initiates a Stop vibrate command when you answer the call. I could almost understand the tone playing for a split second since the buffers have to flush, but the vibrate is killed within milliseconds of answering the call. Are there many applications installed on your device that run in the background? Do you have the utility called PalmInternals on your device? I am curious to know what applications are using the HEDE notification. If you need help installing and interpreting this utility send me an email to 'support AT GoTreoSoftware.com'.
    I am using a Sprint Treo 755p. The only other programs I have installed on my device that run in the backround are:

    Chatter
    VolumeCare (oufcourse =D)
    RescoNeeews!

    I don't have the program PalmInternals installed on my Treo. Should I or something?

    And I have a feeling that it is actually RingCare that is causing this issue because when I use Ringo Pro, this issue does not exist.
    And yes, when I use RingCare I disable Ringo Pro.
  7.    #107  
    Quote Originally Posted by herofromsomeday View Post
    I am using a Sprint Treo 755p. The only other programs I have installed on my device that run in the backround are:

    Chatter
    VolumeCare (oufcourse =D)
    RescoNeeews!

    I don't have the program PalmInternals installed on my Treo. Should I or something?

    And I have a feeling that it is actually RingCare that is causing this issue because when I use Ringo Pro, this issue does not exist.
    And yes, when I use RingCare I disable Ringo Pro.
    This is very interesting. I am using a 755 as my personal Treo and I am not seeing lagging vibrations and tones after I answer the call. By any chance are you seeing this behavior while using Bluetooth devices or just the device itself? Is this with MIDI tones or mp3's?

    Jeff

    EDIT: How do you answer the phone? Touch the Answer button, Center 5-way, Green button, Auto Answer from Bluetooth, Bluetooth headset button, etc......
    Last edited by jeffgibson; 06/19/2007 at 01:11 AM.
  8. #108  
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffgibson View Post
    This is very interesting. I am using a 755 as my personal Treo and I am not seeing lagging vibrations and tones after I answer the call. By any chance are you seeing this behavior while using Bluetooth devices or just the device itself? Is this with MIDI tones or mp3's?

    Jeff

    EDIT: How do you answer the phone? Touch the Answer button, Center 5-way, Green button, Auto Answer from Bluetooth, Bluetooth headset button, etc......
    I use mp3's off of my miniSD card.

    I answer the phone using the green button.

    And I don't use bluetooth, just the device itself.
  9.    #109  
    Quote Originally Posted by herofromsomeday View Post
    I use mp3's off of my miniSD card.

    I answer the phone using the green button.

    And I don't use bluetooth, just the device itself.
    That information is exactly what I needed! I never use that button so I didn't program for it! I now have version 1.49b posted that I am pretty sure will cure your problem.

    Thank you so much for catching this for me!!!

    Jeff
  10. #110  
    Woohoo! The latest beta did indeed fix that problem!

    Now if I may make another suggestion...
    When selecting ringtones, is it possible to also include a file explorer view?
    The reason why I suggest this is because I keep all my ringtones in a certain folder on my SD card, and it would be so much easier if I was able to navigate that folder only.
  11.    #111  
    Quote Originally Posted by herofromsomeday View Post
    Woohoo! The latest beta did indeed fix that problem!
    Awesome!!!

    Now if I may make another suggestion...
    When selecting ringtones, is it possible to also include a file explorer view?
    The reason why I suggest this is because I keep all my ringtones in a certain folder on my SD card, and it would be so much easier if I was able to navigate that folder only.
    Right now RingCare scans the entire SD card looking for mp3 files and then it also extracts all MIDI's from the default Palm tone database. Why would you want a tree view if all of the mp3's are in one folder and RingCare is automatically seeing them and presenting them they way it is today? My design goal for RingCare was for it to be extremely easy to use. I wanted to make sure people did not need to know about SD card directory structure layouts and where files are on the SD card. Having said that, if you were saying that you had many folders on your SD card that had music files in them but only 1 folder contained your RingTones, then the idea to limit RingCare's search would be a benefitial feature IMHO. I can provide this feature very easily if people see value in it. But again, my impression is that most people do not understand where files of any kind are placed on the Treo. So I designed RingCare to understand these details and hide them from the user.

    Would it also be better if I provided a visual indicator (like a sd card icon) next to the mp3 names?

    Jeff
  12. #112  
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffgibson View Post
    Awesome!!!

    Would it also be better if I provided a visual indicator (like a sd card icon) next to the mp3 names?

    Jeff
    Very much so! I have an mp3 loaded into my standard ringtones list using MiniTones, and I also have the original mp3 on the SD card. I can't tell which one is on the card and which one is not.
  13.    #113  
    Quote Originally Posted by Keleko View Post
    Very much so! I have an mp3 loaded into my standard ringtones list using MiniTones, and I also have the original mp3 on the SD card. I can't tell which one is on the card and which one is not.
    Will do it today. Now, why don't you store the mp3 ringtone on the sd card and save the memory in your Treo?

    Jeff
  14.    #114  
    Quote Originally Posted by Keleko View Post
    Very much so! I have an mp3 loaded into my standard ringtones list using MiniTones, and I also have the original mp3 on the SD card. I can't tell which one is on the card and which one is not.
    Version 1.50b is posted. See if this is what you are looking for.

    Jeff
  15. twitch3's Avatar
    Posts
    821 Posts
    Global Posts
    860 Global Posts
    #115  
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffgibson View Post
    You are awesome! Thansk to your help, I think I finally found the error. Version 1.47b is posted.

    Jeff
    That fixed it!
    Visor Deluxe->Visor Edge (Upgraded for $100.00 just by giving them the Serial # of my Visor Deluxe plus I got to keep the Deluxe. Those were the days!)-> Palm M-505->M-515->Tungsten T->Zire 72->Treo 650->->Treo 700P->Treo 755P. Plus various replacements. 8130 Pearl....Sorry
  16. #116  
    Jeff, the reason why I suggested a file tree view is because I also use my Treo as an mp3 player. I have like 100 songs stored on my SD card and then like 20 ringtones.

    The way it is setup now, when it scans my card, it brings up everything.

    That is why a file tree view would be useful, that way I can eliminate my 100 or so music files from being listed.
  17.    #117  
    Quote Originally Posted by herofromsomeday View Post
    Jeff, the reason why I suggested a file tree view is because I also use my Treo as an mp3 player. I have like 100 songs stored on my SD card and then like 20 ringtones.

    The way it is setup now, when it scans my card, it brings up everything.

    That is why a file tree view would be useful, that way I can eliminate my 100 or so music files from being listed.
    What you are asking for is perfectly understandable! Instead of a file tree, what if I provided an option to look in a specific spot for RingTone files that was configurable by you? I would relly like to stay away from a tree view if at all possible. If this is acceptable, I can put a configuration option in the OPTIONS screen that would allow you to specify a Ringtone directory on the SD Card.

    Jeff
  18. #118  
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffgibson View Post
    What you are asking for is perfectly understandable! Instead of a file tree, what if I provided an option to look in a specific spot for RingTone files that was configurable by you? I would relly like to stay away from a tree view if at all possible. If this is acceptable, I can put a configuration option in the OPTIONS screen that would allow you to specify a Ringtone directory on the SD Card.

    Jeff
    That sounds great!
    As long as you let the user choose where to look on the SD card, I like the idea... because I keep my SD card organized a certain way, and I hate it when an application like this requires me to put files in a certain spot.
  19.    #119  
    Quote Originally Posted by herofromsomeday View Post
    That sounds great!
    As long as you let the user choose where to look on the SD card, I like the idea... because I keep my SD card organized a certain way, and I hate it when an application like this requires me to put files in a certain spot.
    I have the solution working already. Just need a few hours to test different situations.

    Jeff
  20. #120  
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffgibson View Post
    I have the solution working already. Just need a few hours to test different situations.

    Jeff

    I would second this idea. That would be a major help.

    Also, I emailed you but I thought I would mention here that the latest version has eliminated my stuttering problems. It's shaping up very nicely...
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions