Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 226
  1. #81  
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffgibson View Post
    I am with you on this one! I thought I had this problem resolved. I will re-trace the code and find out what is happening.

    Jeff
    Also, do you think you could possibly insert an option to increase the volume of the ringtone?

    Because even with the regular ringer volume all the way up, my ringtones are not as loud as I would like them to be.
  2.    #82  
    Quote Originally Posted by herofromsomeday View Post
    Also, do you think you could possibly insert an option to increase the volume of the ringtone?

    Because even with the regular ringer volume all the way up, my ringtones are not as loud as I would like them to be.
    The thing is, that option is already in VolumeCare. I would really like to keep the volume boosting management in VolumeCare. RingCare and VolumeCare are integrated at the very begining of the RingCare launch. The combination fo the 2 applications creates a very complete volume and tone management offering.

    Jeff
  3. #83  
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffgibson View Post
    The thing is, that option is already in VolumeCare. I would really like to keep the volume boosting management in VolumeCare. RingCare and VolumeCare are integrated at the very begining of the RingCare launch. The combination fo the 2 applications creates a very complete volume and tone management offering.

    Jeff
    Oh, ok.

    Let me raise a question then... why not combine RingCare and VolumeCare into one single application?
  4.    #84  
    Posted version 1.45b. This release trys to address the vibrating after a call is answered. Also should fix any white screens after a call.

    Jeff
  5.    #85  
    Quote Originally Posted by herofromsomeday View Post
    Oh, ok.

    Let me raise a question then... why not combine RingCare and VolumeCare into one single application?
    2 reasons:

    1) being separate allows users to purchase exactly what they need and not have to pay for features they do not want or will not use. It has always been my design goal to give people the options so they get the most value for the $'s they spend. That is why you see several options for VolumeCare available to purchase separately. Also you see the separation of ProfileCare and ScheduleCare. I hope this makes as much sense to the user community as it does to me. Believe me, I would much rather have everyone spend more $'s on a higher priced application but I don't feel right making people buy features they will not use.

    2) There is an application "code" size limit in the Palm operating system. Combining these 2 applciations together would exceed this Palm limitation. The limitation has nothing to do with how much memory you have on the device but rather a limitation with how memory addresses are allocated and used within the operating system.

    Jeff
  6. #86  
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffgibson View Post
    You mean replace the font that contacts are drawn with now with the font that in in the buttons? This is also a little difficult to do but it can be done. I was worried about using such a small font for the contact information.
    Jeff
    No, don't change your font in the app. I want the font file available for download to use with the FontSmoother app. I like the way the font looks, and I think it would look good as a default font in FontSmoother.
  7. #87  
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffgibson View Post
    2 reasons:

    1) being separate allows users to purchase exactly what they need and not have to pay for features they do not want or will not use. It has always been my design goal to give people the options so they get the most value for the $'s they spend. That is why you see several options for VolumeCare available to purchase separately. Also you see the separation of ProfileCare and ScheduleCare. I hope this makes as much sense to the user community as it does to me. Believe me, I would much rather have everyone spend more $'s on a higher priced application but I don't feel right making people buy features they will not use.

    Jeff
    I really agree with this approach. I used VolumeCare with my 650, but I haven't needed it with the 680. So I wouldn't want to pay and use up space for VolumeCare when I no longer need it. You've got the right idea, Jeff.
  8.    #88  
    Quote Originally Posted by Keleko View Post
    No, don't change your font in the app. I want the font file available for download to use with the FontSmoother app. I like the way the font looks, and I think it would look good as a default font in FontSmoother.
    I will have to talk to my graphic artist to get the name of the font. I am pretty sure it is a PhotoShop font.

    Jeff
  9.    #89  
    Version 1.46b is posted.

    - New button graphics are in place.
    - Fix to phone number code. There were times when a non-numric number could get stored. This caused problems during phone number lookups.

    Jeff
  10. #90  
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffgibson View Post
    2 reasons:

    1) being separate allows users to purchase exactly what they need and not have to pay for features they do not want or will not use. It has always been my design goal to give people the options so they get the most value for the $'s they spend. That is why you see several options for VolumeCare available to purchase separately. Also you see the separation of ProfileCare and ScheduleCare. I hope this makes as much sense to the user community as it does to me. Believe me, I would much rather have everyone spend more $'s on a higher priced application but I don't feel right making people buy features they will not use.

    2) There is an application "code" size limit in the Palm operating system. Combining these 2 applciations together would exceed this Palm limitation. The limitation has nothing to do with how much memory you have on the device but rather a limitation with how memory addresses are allocated and used within the operating system.

    Jeff
    Oh, I see. Those are good reasons. And don't get me wrong, I didn't mean that question in a bad way, I was just seriously wondering.

    I also noticed that RingCare changes the way the phone vibrates during an incoming call. It changes the phone to medium vibrates, one after another. Although this is alright, I am used to the way the Treo is supposed to vibrate (short, short, long). Is there a way you can make an option to select the lenghts of the vibration?
  11. twitch3's Avatar
    Posts
    821 Posts
    Global Posts
    860 Global Posts
    #91  
    Jeff,
    1.46, vibrate still continues after I answer and I also get the ring tone for a short period after I hang up.
    Visor Deluxe->Visor Edge (Upgraded for $100.00 just by giving them the Serial # of my Visor Deluxe plus I got to keep the Deluxe. Those were the days!)-> Palm M-505->M-515->Tungsten T->Zire 72->Treo 650->->Treo 700P->Treo 755P. Plus various replacements. 8130 Pearl....Sorry
  12. #92  
    Same here on my Sprint Treo 700p MRd. I also just received the following error message: Memory Not all Freed UP! 1.

    Ben

    Quote Originally Posted by twitch3 View Post
    Jeff,
    1.46, vibrate still continues after I answer and I also get the ring tone for a short period after I hang up.
  13.    #93  
    Quote Originally Posted by herofromsomeday View Post
    Oh, I see. Those are good reasons. And don't get me wrong, I didn't mean that question in a bad way, I was just seriously wondering.

    I also noticed that RingCare changes the way the phone vibrates during an incoming call. It changes the phone to medium vibrates, one after another. Although this is alright, I am used to the way the Treo is supposed to vibrate (short, short, long). Is there a way you can make an option to select the lenghts of the vibration?
    NEVER BE AFRAID TO POST YOUR THOUGHTS!! I knew what and for what reason you were asking.

    The vibrate alert that I am using is "supposed" to be the Phone vibrate alert. I will look into this behavior.

    Jeff
  14.    #94  
    Quote Originally Posted by twitch3 View Post
    Jeff,
    1.46, vibrate still continues after I answer and I also get the ring tone for a short period after I hang up.
    What model Treo are you using again? I am baffled why you are still getting vibrate alerts after you answer. Is it a constant vibrate like before or just a momentary vibrate after you answer?

    How are you answering the call? Screen press of the answer button, answer key on the keyboard, Bluetooth button, wired headset button, etc.....

    Jeff
  15.    #95  
    Quote Originally Posted by bclinger View Post
    Same here on my Sprint Treo 700p MRd. I also just received the following error message: Memory Not all Freed UP! 1.

    Ben
    I got this one today as well. I am trying to find the cause. Its no real big deal, but I just like to have RingCare competely clean up after itself!

    Jeff
  16. twitch3's Avatar
    Posts
    821 Posts
    Global Posts
    860 Global Posts
    #96  
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffgibson View Post
    What model Treo are you using again? I am baffled why you are still getting vibrate alerts after you answer. Is it a constant vibrate like before or just a momentary vibrate after you answer?

    How are you answering the call? Screen press of the answer button, answer key on the keyboard, Bluetooth button, wired headset button, etc.....

    Jeff
    700P with MR. I've gotten Memory Not all Freed UP! 1 as well but the number has ranged from 1 to 6. It happens regardless to how I answer.
    Visor Deluxe->Visor Edge (Upgraded for $100.00 just by giving them the Serial # of my Visor Deluxe plus I got to keep the Deluxe. Those were the days!)-> Palm M-505->M-515->Tungsten T->Zire 72->Treo 650->->Treo 700P->Treo 755P. Plus various replacements. 8130 Pearl....Sorry
  17.    #97  
    Quote Originally Posted by twitch3 View Post
    700P with MR. I've gotten Memory Not all Freed UP! 1 as well but the number has ranged from 1 to 6. It happens regardless to how I answer.
    Can you try a few other tests for me?

    1) when you are on a an active call and get an incoming call, do you get tones or vibration alerts?
    2) What happens if you call your Treo (no other calls active) and ignore the call? Does the vibrate and tone alerts stop?
    3) What happens if you call your Treo (no other calls active) and MISS the call? Does the vibrate and tone alerts stop?

    Jeff
  18. twitch3's Avatar
    Posts
    821 Posts
    Global Posts
    860 Global Posts
    #98  
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffgibson View Post
    Can you try a few other tests for me?

    1) when you are on a an active call and get an incoming call, do you get tones or vibration alerts?
    2) What happens if you call your Treo (no other calls active) and ignore the call? Does the vibrate and tone alerts stop?
    3) What happens if you call your Treo (no other calls active) and MISS the call? Does the vibrate and tone alerts stop?

    Jeff
    1. I get the call waiting tone. I'm still vibrating from receiving the first call but it stops once the second call starts to beep in. The mp3 ring tone does not try to play if I'm already on the phone, just the call waiting beep.
    2. Vibrate and alert stop about .5 seconds after I hit ignore.
    3. Vibrate and alert stop about .5 seconds after the caller hangs up.
    Visor Deluxe->Visor Edge (Upgraded for $100.00 just by giving them the Serial # of my Visor Deluxe plus I got to keep the Deluxe. Those were the days!)-> Palm M-505->M-515->Tungsten T->Zire 72->Treo 650->->Treo 700P->Treo 755P. Plus various replacements. 8130 Pearl....Sorry
  19. #99  
    Quote Originally Posted by bclinger View Post
    Same here on my Sprint Treo 700p MRd. I also just received the following error message: Memory Not all Freed UP! 1.

    Ben
    I get this error when I exit out of RingCare most of the time, and I have a Sprint Treo 755p.
  20.    #100  
    Quote Originally Posted by twitch3 View Post
    1. I get the call waiting tone. I'm still vibrating from receiving the first call but it stops once the second call starts to beep in. The mp3 ring tone does not try to play if I'm already on the phone, just the call waiting beep.
    2. Vibrate and alert stop about .5 seconds after I hit ignore.
    3. Vibrate and alert stop about .5 seconds after the caller hangs up.
    You are awesome! Thansk to your help, I think I finally found the error. Version 1.47b is posted.

    Jeff
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions