Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 226
  1. mtrimmer's Avatar
    Posts
    67 Posts
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    #61  
    There is a function in Butler that should be refined and I'm thinking that RingCare could do it - Attention Grabber!
    Right now, if you use a "competing" product like Ringo for your ringtone management, you can set a specific tone for SMS and ringtone - however, when Attention Grabber kicks in, it only "nags" with a single pre-defined tone. Would / could it be possible to enable a "nag-alert" function into RingCare so that the specific tone would repeat instead of a generic one?
    Thanks!
  2. #62  
    Can't be 100% certain that RC was the problem, but started to get lots of resets that I was not having before on my 755 and the only "new" thing added was RC.

    Had to wind up reprogramming my phone. Have everything back on except RC and no reset problems.

    Did try and send you the DB Jeff, so maybe you can still figure out what my sorting problem was
  3.    #63  
    Quote Originally Posted by midmofan View Post
    Can't be 100% certain that RC was the problem, but started to get lots of resets that I was not having before on my 755 and the only "new" thing added was RC.

    Had to wind up reprogramming my phone. Have everything back on except RC and no reset problems.

    Did try and send you the DB Jeff, so maybe you can still figure out what my sorting problem was
    Did you look at the error log? Access it on the 755 by calling the number ##377 in the phone application.

    I have not gotten your DB file. Which email address did you send it to?

    Jeff
  4.    #64  
    Quote Originally Posted by mtrimmer View Post
    There is a function in Butler that should be refined and I'm thinking that RingCare could do it - Attention Grabber!
    Right now, if you use a "competing" product like Ringo for your ringtone management, you can set a specific tone for SMS and ringtone - however, when Attention Grabber kicks in, it only "nags" with a single pre-defined tone. Would / could it be possible to enable a "nag-alert" function into RingCare so that the specific tone would repeat instead of a generic one?
    Thanks!
    I think this would be possible. How many people would find this useful? Everyone chime in please.

    Jeff
  5. #65  
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffgibson View Post
    I think this would be possible. How many people would find this useful? Everyone chime in please.

    Jeff
    Yup, definitely useful. Hopefully you can make the nag : )
  6. #66  
    1.42b, Cingular Treo 650:

    I've only programmed Unknown (mp3) and Known (mp3) and Voicemail (midi).
    With Known callers, there are no ringtones or vibrate.
    at&t Treo 680, SW 2.11-ATT
    Cingular Treo 650 Unlocked, SW 1.17-CNG/FW 1.51
  7. #67  
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffgibson View Post
    Did you look at the error log? Access it on the 755 by calling the number ##377 in the phone application.

    I have not gotten your DB file. Which email address did you send it to?

    Jeff


    #377 was no help, did not register the resets other than perhaps the first one that took place at noon and it blamed the phone even though lots of subsequent resets with phone turned off and triggered by going to calendar program.

    Sent db to support address.

    here is the link in the 755 room discussion about odd 755 behavor. Others are reporting some weird things with their 755s as well so I dont think it was RC fault although it perhaps overloaded the poor things brain a bit, setting off the other problems!

    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=145758
    Last edited by midmofan; 06/17/2007 at 10:24 AM.
  8. #68  
    Hey Jeff,
    Looks good, really easy to navigate around (bad 5-way support is a pet peeve of mine), and I LOVE the ability to do company filters.

    First, I want to put a vote in for integration with ProfileCare.

    Second, how about a vibrate before ring function? Right now I manage this by editing the MP3s to add a few seconds of silence at the start of the track, but it would be great to be able to do that in RingCare so I wouldn't have to waste time doing that every time I want to add a new ringtone, and so I could turn it on and off more easily (especially if this were integrated with ProfileCare).

    Also, out of morbid curiosity, LOL, any idea of pricing yet?

    Thanks and best wishes,
    Andy
  9.    #69  
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy Leviss View Post
    Hey Jeff,
    Looks good, really easy to navigate around (bad 5-way support is a pet peeve of mine), and I LOVE the ability to do company filters.

    First, I want to put a vote in for integration with ProfileCare.

    Second, how about a vibrate before ring function? Right now I manage this by editing the MP3s to add a few seconds of silence at the start of the track, but it would be great to be able to do that in RingCare so I wouldn't have to waste time doing that every time I want to add a new ringtone, and so I could turn it on and off more easily (especially if this were integrated with ProfileCare).

    Also, out of morbid curiosity, LOL, any idea of pricing yet?

    Thanks and best wishes,
    Andy
    Thanks for the ideas and input. The vibrate before ring feature needs some thought and some input from those who want it. How much time would you want between the start of the call and the start of playing any tones?

    As for pricing, I have not firmly setup the sales and marketing plan. I do know that I will be offering some discounts for existing VolumeCare users. Also will be offering a bundled VolumeCare/RingCare package. Then there will be a standalone RingCare offering. Additionally, there is a desktop version of RingCare that will allow you to edit your existing mp3 library and create your own custom ringtones to use in the mobile version of RingCare. I welcome any feedback that I can use to help set my pricing levels. For those who have followed my products and pricing, I want to over deliver on value for the price you pay for the software.

    Jeff
  10.    #70  
    Just posted version 1.43b that fixes the incoming call problem introduced in v1.42b! It also added a new feature that allows you to assign a common set of tones to all phone numbers for a single contact. My artist has not developed the "real" button for this feature yet so right now a standard button is being used in the configuration screen for this new feature.

    Jeff
  11. #71  
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffgibson View Post
    Just posted version 1.43b that fixes the incoming call problem introduced in v1.42b! It also added a new feature that allows you to assign a common set of tones to all phone numbers for a single contact. My artist has not developed the "real" button for this feature yet so right now a standard button is being used in the configuration screen for this new feature.

    Jeff
    Hi Jeff,

    I'm getting the occasional "Memory not all freed up" error upon exiting RingCare with 1.43b
    at&t Treo 680, SW 2.11-ATT
    Cingular Treo 650 Unlocked, SW 1.17-CNG/FW 1.51
  12. #72  
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy Leviss View Post
    Hey Jeff,
    Looks good, really easy to navigate around (bad 5-way support is a pet peeve of mine), and I LOVE the ability to do company filters.

    First, I want to put a vote in for integration with ProfileCare.
    I also share this sentiment. I would really like to see integration between ProfileCare and RingCare.
  13. #73  
    I like customized messages - messages that can be set to respond to a specific situation - so yes.

    Ben

    Quote Originally Posted by jeffgibson View Post
    I think this would be possible. How many people would find this useful? Everyone chime in please.

    Jeff
  14. #74  
    With 1.43b I had to work at getting to the different phone numbers, the same with 1.44b - multiple taps and long presses eventually allow me to go to a different number.

    Ben
  15.    #75  
    Quote Originally Posted by bclinger View Post
    With 1.43b I had to work at getting to the different phone numbers, the same with 1.44b - multiple taps and long presses eventually allow me to go to a different number.

    Ben
    Do you mean in the CONTACTS screen? Selecting individual numbers for a given contact is difficult? There has not been a change to this part of the code base for many releases. Do you have the same problem with 5-way for the numbers list for a contact?

    jeff
  16. #76  
    Yes the Contacts screen. Selecting the individual numbers to assign a file to still requires multiple screen taps and when using the 5-way the same routine - multiple pressing of the up/down arrow keys to get it to move. I find it works best by long taps, though it does take multiple long taps to move around and get to the screen to allow file assignment.

    I have tested it 8 times and am putting it through its third work day.

    Ben
  17.    #77  
    Quote Originally Posted by bclinger View Post
    Yes the Contacts screen. Selecting the individual numbers to assign a file to still requires multiple screen taps and when using the 5-way the same routine - multiple pressing of the up/down arrow keys to get it to move. I find it works best by long taps, though it does take multiple long taps to move around and get to the screen to allow file assignment.

    I have tested it 8 times and am putting it through its third work day.

    Ben
    Are others having this same problem? I am not seeing this behavior on any of my Treo's or the simulator on the PC. There are some extra screen redraws that are happening that I need to remove and maybe this will cure any problems that do exist.

    Jeff
  18. #78  
    As far as a vibrate before ring goes, I've found that 3.5 seconds is long enough that I can feel the vibrate and silence the ringer by pressing a side key before the music starts, but short enough that I won't miss the call because the music plays for such a short time if I'm not wearing the phone.

    Shorter and it tends to start playing music before you can reach for it to silence, longer and you tend to miss calls.

    On the other hand, if it were added, could it be a variable, or is that too complicated to implement?
  19. #79  
    I am running version 1.44B on my Sprint Treo 755p and I am still encountering the problem where when I receive a call, when I answer it, the phone screen turns white and enters a vibrate loop.

    The only way I can get my Treo to work again is to soft reset it.

    This program seems really cool, but I just want this bug to get fixed!
  20.    #80  
    Quote Originally Posted by herofromsomeday View Post
    I am running version 1.44B on my Sprint Treo 755p and I am still encountering the problem where when I receive a call, when I answer it, the phone screen turns white and enters a vibrate loop.

    The only way I can get my Treo to work again is to soft reset it.

    This program seems really cool, but I just want this bug to get fixed!
    I am with you on this one! I thought I had this problem resolved. I will re-trace the code and find out what is happening.

    Jeff
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions