Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
  1.    #41  
    Quote Originally Posted by midmofan View Post
    "Office" and "Sprint" now show up in the catagories!!! thanks

But the sorting of names is still weird, it looks like it is sort of alphabetically by first name but not everywhere a sample:

Tacket, Bill
    Otto, Dave,
    Atkenson, Dave
    Green, Dan
    Dodson, Dan
    Eikhoff, Dave
    Otto, Dad
    Gross, D.J.

latter on down on my list:

Jobe, Cindy
    Rackers, cindy
    Kennison, Chris
    Goser, Carrie
    Rice, Brian
    Kennison, Brandon

So im not sure how they are being sorted now.
    I do not know where that is coming from! Can you hit the SCAN button (the one the the arrows that form a circle) in the Contacts screen and see if they show up weird again. I have never seen this sorting problem in any release here in the lab and I have over 500 numbers in my address book.

Jeff
    Dear Jeff ,

My prime features I would like to see in Ringcare if you can please
    Completely silence the Treo at set periods (Set Times).
    All ringers, sms, alerts and alarms are silenced with fully customizable profile
    Do Not Disturb feature
    Global Posts
    860 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by number1 View Post
    Dear Jeff ,

My prime features I would like to see in Ringcare if you can please
    Completely silence the Treo at set periods (Set Times).
    All ringers, sms, alerts and alarms are silenced with fully customizable profile
    Do Not Disturb feature
    You need Profilecare also by Jeff.
    Visor Deluxe->Visor Edge (Upgraded for $100.00 just by giving them the Serial # of my Visor Deluxe plus I got to keep the Deluxe. Those were the days!)-> Palm M-505->M-515->Tungsten T->Zire 72->Treo 650->->Treo 700P->Treo 755P. Plus various replacements. 8130 Pearl....Sorry
    Quote Originally Posted by twitch3 View Post
    You need Profilecare also by Jeff.
    I know Profilecare but still it's very good if we can see the Do Not Disturb features in RingCare for total ring management
  5.    #45  
    Quote Originally Posted by number1 View Post
    I know Profilecare but still it's very good if we can see the Do Not Disturb features in RingCare for total ring management
    If demand is great enough, I will integrate RingCare with ProfileCare. But today ProfileCare will accomplish what you are asking for and it will do it for ALL sounds that come from your Treo - not just alerts that come from the phone portion of the Treo.

However I think putting profile management into RingCare would just complicate the program. The best solution IMHO is to have the integration with ProfileCare.

Jeff
  6.    #46  
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffgibson View Post
    I do not know where that is coming from! Can you hit the SCAN button (the one the the arrows that form a circle) in the Contacts screen and see if they show up weird again. I have never seen this sorting problem in any release here in the lab and I have over 500 numbers in my address book.

Jeff
    Can you send me your RingCare-Contacts.pdb file so I can try to reproduce your sorting problem locally?

Jeff
    support at GoTreoSoftware.com
  7.    #47  
    ALL,

How is version 1.38 coming? Any issues or problems anywhere other than midmofan's sorting problem?

Jeff
    Can you send me your RingCare-Contacts.pdb file so I can try to reproduce your sorting problem locally?

Jeff
    support at GoTreoSoftware.com
    I can try to send it. One question I have, how SHOULD the sorting look both when you just hit contacts in RC and again when you start typing a name? Is it supposed to be by Last name?

I have done the "scan" within RC and also added a new contact so that RC would ask to update, still the same issue.

I was thinking perhaps there might be some corruption of my Contacts Database, perhaps when I beamed it over from my 650 recently, but Takephone, when I do a search, lists everything alphabetically by last name (otto, dan/otto,dave/otto,don, etc) with no problem so I don' t think it is that.
    Last edited by midmofan; 06/15/2007 at 09:59 AM.
  9.    #49  
    Quote Originally Posted by midmofan View Post
    I can try to send it. One question I have, how SHOULD the sorting look both when you just hit contacts in RC and again when you start typing a name? Is it supposed to be by Last name?

I have done the "scan" within RC and also added a new contact so that RC would ask to update, still the same issue.

I was thinking perhaps there might be some corruption of my Contacts Database, perhaps when I beamed it over from my 650 recently, but Takephone, when I do a search, lists everything alphabetically by last name (otto, dan/otto,dave/otto,don, etc) with no problem so I don' t think it is that.
    I changed the program so it does the following:

1) reads the Palm contact DB.
    2) extracts the last name form the lastname field
    3) extracts the first name from the firstname field
    4) concatinates them together in the form lastname, firstname into a variable in RingCare
    5) RingCare then sorts this new list in increasing order

So I would really like to look at your file to see why it is not being put into this order.

Jeff
    I just got 1.39b, and the list seems sorted just fine for me. I haven't tried any previous version, so I don't know if is any different now. I haven't tried setting any ringtones or seeing how the rings work.

One minor complaint I have is that the list of contacts and ringtones isn't automatically selected for scrolling when focus moves to it, especially when typing to search.

Also, I want the font you use in Type to Search and such for FontSmoother. It looks like it would make a really nice System font...
    Oh, one other thing. I have been using MiniTones. I created a ring tone from an mp3 file on my SD card. This shows up in the list in RingCare, but so does the SD card file (I assume it is the card file). So I get a double listing with no way to tell which is SD card and which isn't. Can you put some icon or some sort of indicator on the files stored in the SD card?

Edit: Further testing has shown that selecting the first of the two duplicates results in a reset when a call is received. Selecting the second rings, but then it goes into a vibrate loop on answer that requires a reset to stop. I'm not sure if I have a bad entry in my tones list or what. I can't seem to delete the tone generated by MiniTones through the Preferences/Manage, either. So I don't know what the duplicate entry is, if it isn't on the SD card. But, one of them definitely makes the phone reset using RingCare.
    Last edited by Keleko; 06/15/2007 at 12:46 PM.
    Jeff, this release did not reset my MR'd Sprint Treo 700p upon exiting the application. I have repeated the test a bunch of times with no reset!

Thank you.

Ben
    Global Posts
    860 Global Posts
    Jeff,
    I'm still having the problem with the vibrating alert not stopping when I answer a call. It only goes away when I hang up.
    Visor Deluxe->Visor Edge (Upgraded for $100.00 just by giving them the Serial # of my Visor Deluxe plus I got to keep the Deluxe. Those were the days!)-> Palm M-505->M-515->Tungsten T->Zire 72->Treo 650->->Treo 700P->Treo 755P. Plus various replacements. 8130 Pearl....Sorry
    Yes I would like to accomplish this integration but I need to get RingCare released first.

Jeff
    I understand, but thanks for the answer. Sounds (no pun intended) like it will eventually be just what I've been looking for.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
  15.    #55  
    Quote Originally Posted by Keleko View Post
    One minor complaint I have is that the list of contacts and ringtones isn't automatically selected for scrolling when focus moves to it, especially when typing to search.
    This is how list controls work in the Palm API. I could change that behavior, but then it makes it difficult to navigate from the list object to other buttons on the form.

Also, I want the font you use in Type to Search and such for FontSmoother. It looks like it would make a really nice System font...
    You mean replace the font that contacts are drawn with now with the font that in in the buttons? This is also a little difficult to do but it can be done. I was worried about using such a small font for the contact information.

Jeff
  16.    #56  
    Quote Originally Posted by Keleko View Post
    Oh, one other thing. I have been using MiniTones. I created a ring tone from an mp3 file on my SD card. This shows up in the list in RingCare, but so does the SD card file (I assume it is the card file). So I get a double listing with no way to tell which is SD card and which isn't. Can you put some icon or some sort of indicator on the files stored in the SD card?

Edit: Further testing has shown that selecting the first of the two duplicates results in a reset when a call is received. Selecting the second rings, but then it goes into a vibrate loop on answer that requires a reset to stop. I'm not sure if I have a bad entry in my tones list or what. I can't seem to delete the tone generated by MiniTones through the Preferences/Manage, either. So I don't know what the duplicate entry is, if it isn't on the SD card. But, one of them definitely makes the phone reset using RingCare.
    The vibrate "loop" has been reported before but could never reproduce it. It happened to me today so I have a better chance of quickly finding the cause of the problem.

Jeff
  17.    #57  
    Quote Originally Posted by twitch3 View Post
    Jeff,
    I'm still having the problem with the vibrating alert not stopping when I answer a call. It only goes away when I hang up.
    When this happens do you get a white screen and you can talk on the phone but you have no control over the Treo? Or do you have full Treo control but just no way of shutting off the vibrations?

Jeff
    Global Posts
    860 Global Posts
    When this happens do you get a white screen and you can talk on the phone but you have no control over the Treo? Or do you have full Treo control but just no way of shutting off the vibrations?

Jeff
    I have the normal screen when on a phone call with no way of stopping the vibrate.
  19.    #59  
    Version 1.42b was just posted that should address SMS midi clipping and the vibrate bug during incoming calls.
    Those of us with glasses (I have bifocals) might have a problem with smaller fonts and I am one of those. I occasionally use them, but not on a routine basis.

Ben

This is how list controls work in the Palm API. I could change that behavior, but then it makes it difficult to navigate from the list object to other buttons on the form.

You mean replace the font that contacts are drawn with now with the font that in in the buttons? This is also a little difficult to do but it can be done. I was worried about using such a small font for the contact information.

Jeff
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast