Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast
  1.    #201  
    Quote Originally Posted by mistercoffee1 View Post
    I just tried 1.64b. No ringtones on incoming calls and no vibrate on a known caller (that was all I tested). I reverted back to 1.63

Edit:
    Whoops, just noticed 1.65b.
    So far so good - Texts, calls from Known, calls Programmed, Voicemail.
    Awesome! You got me going there for a minute!!!!
    Global Posts
    367 Global Posts
    Hmm still getting cutout on midi ringers with 1.65.. Switched to an mp3 I had, and it seems to work fine.. Might just have to switch to an mp3 ringer.. which is the whole point why I was intersted in this program anyway, but sometimes i switch to a midi tone in high noise areas.
  3.    #203  
    Quote Originally Posted by Crimson View Post
    Hmm still getting cutout on midi ringers with 1.65.. Switched to an mp3 I had, and it seems to work fine.. Might just have to switch to an mp3 ringer.. which is the whole point why I was intersted in this program anyway, but sometimes i switch to a midi tone in high noise areas.
    This is interesting. By cutout, do you mean choppy play? Or do you mean that the midi ring does not complete its entire song?

Jeff
    Global Posts
    367 Global Posts
    Doesn't complete its entire song. Just cuts out completely. I do get some stutter on my mp3 ringers as well though.. :\ Not sure whats going on, probably some other programs interfering but I can't seem to narrow it down or figure out if its the mp3 or what.
  5.    #205  
    Doesn't complete its entire song. Just cuts out completely. I do get some stutter on my mp3 ringers as well though.. :\ Not sure whats going on, probably some other programs interfering but I can't seem to narrow it down or figure out if its the mp3 or what.
    Are you touching the screen or any buttons on the screen while the tone is playing?

Jeff
  6.    #206  
    All,

Version 1.68b has been posted. I think we are getting ready for a Monday release!!!!

Jeff
    Does not work on my 755. Often get no ring at all, calls straight to voicemail. Sometimes cannot even call out. (Lightwave has also stopped working.) Something about the 755?
    Laissez Faire
  8.    #208  
    Quote Originally Posted by prubin View Post
    Does not work on my 755. Often get no ring at all, calls straight to voicemail. Sometimes cannot even call out. (Lightwave has also stopped working.) Something about the 755?
    It is working very well on many 755's. What version do you have loaded on your 755? 1.68b is the current release. Also make sure you have installed this application in the main memory of your Treo. Lastly, do NOT use this and Lightwav at the same time. Disable and remove Lightwav to test this software without conflicts or wierd things happening.

I will be here all night if you run into more issues.

Jeff
    Do I have to remove lightwave or is disabling it enough?
    Laissez Faire
  10.    #210  
    Do I have to remove lightwave or is disabling it enough?
    Disable is probably good enough but I would recommend at least moving it to the SD Card. That way all of the alerts and background processing will be stopped. This will ensure no compatibility problems.

EDIT: Also make sure to install version 1.68b of RingCare.

Jeff
    Does not act crazy, but I cannot answer the phone --- tried green key, center button, touchscreen; nothing works. it rings until it goes to voicemail. When i disable RingCare it works fine.
    Laissez Faire
  12.    #212  
    Does not act crazy, but I cannot answer the phone --- tried green key, center button, touchscreen; nothing works. it rings until it goes to voicemail. When i disable RingCare it works fine.
    I suggest you completely remove Lightwav and RingCare. Then do a soft reset. Now install version 1.68b of RingCare. I think you have some conflicts on your Treo that are causing this problem. I know RingCare works on the Treo 755.

Another thing to look at is what applications are running in the background on your Treo. Do you have PalmInternals on your device? If not here is a link to download it: Download PalmInternals Then look at the NOTIF screen and tell me what applications are using HEDE and HVCH notifications.

Jeff
    Tried deleting and reinstalling; still cannot answer. PalmInternals crashes the Treo; don't know what apps may be causing it. May be the same as causing the conflict. any suggestions?
    Laissez Faire
  14.    #214  
    Tried deleting and reinstalling; still cannot answer. PalmInternals crashes the Treo; don't know what apps may be causing it. May be the same as causing the conflict. any suggestions?
    If you have a backup of your Treo, I would suggest a hard reset followed by a slow reinstallation. It is not normal for PalmInternals to crash your Treo! I would suggest trying RingCare immediately after the hard reset without any other applications installed. This will be a good baseline test.

Jeff
    It works after a hard reset. I tried to guess which apps might be blocking it but with no luck. Do you have any guesses as to apps that might block it?

Quote Originally Posted by jeffgibson View Post
    If you have a backup of your Treo, I would suggest a hard reset followed by a slow reinstallation. It is not normal for PalmInternals to crash your Treo! I would suggest trying RingCare immediately after the hard reset without any other applications installed. This will be a good baseline test.

Jeff
    Laissez Faire
    [Another thing to look at is what applications are running in the background on your Treo. Do you have PalmInternals on your device? If not here is a link to download it: Download PalmInternals Then look at the NOTIF screen and tell me what applications are using HEDE and HVCH
    notifications.

Hede:

ClipPRO
    keyshades hack
    CalProfilePlugin
    Initiate
    Butler
    keepoff
    keycaps600

hvch
    outcall
    TakePhone
    textmaster
    phone technician
    widefind

Jeff[/QUOTE]
    Laissez Faire
  17.    #217  
    [Another thing to look at is what applications are running in the background on your Treo. Do you have PalmInternals on your device? If not here is a link to download it: Download PalmInternals Then look at the NOTIF screen and tell me what applications are using HEDE and HVCH
    notifications.

Hede:

ClipPRO
    keyshades hack
    CalProfilePlugin
    Initiate
    Butler
    keepoff
    keycaps600

hvch
    outcall
    TakePhone
    textmaster
    phone technician
    widefind

Jeff
    ShSh and Hobbyist Software are great developers. I have seen reports from my LauncherX customers and some beta RingCare users that the new version of Butler is blocking some key strokes. That may be a place to start. I have Keycaps600 loaded on my device so I know it is not that application. The others I do not have any experience with. I would start by disabling them one at a time to see which one is causing the problem. I am very interested in your findings. Please either post or email them to me.

Jeff
    Global Posts
    367 Global Posts
    Hey Jeff.. is there any possibility of having the volume control buttons actually control the volume of the ringers from RingCare? As far as I can tell the setting on the phone has no impact.

Also, in the final purchased version, will it eliminate the 'ad' for VolumeCare? I don't have an issue with volume on my 755.
  19.    #219  
    Hey Jeff.. is there any possibility of having the volume control buttons actually control the volume of the ringers from RingCare? As far as I can tell the setting on the phone has no impact.
    I do not plan on this feature since each ringtone has its own volume setting. Additionally, the known and unknown caller entries each have their own volume settings. So, I Wouldn't know what entry within RingCAre the ringer switch on the phone should control?

Also, in the final purchased version, will it eliminate the 'ad' for VolumeCare? I don't have an issue with volume on my 755.
    This is not an add for VolumeCare but rather an integration with VolumeCare. Remember VolumeCare not only controls the listening volume but it also adjusts the MIC Volume and it allows you to control the volume of Ringtones and 3rd party applications. So it is a natural marriage for both products.

In fact VolumeCare provides an additional 18 decibels of volume increase on the Treo 755! So VolumeCare does a great job pumping up the volume on the 755p.

Jeff
    Global Posts
    367 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffgibson View Post
    I do not plan on this feature since each ringtone has its own volume setting. Additionally, the known and unknown caller entries each have their own volume settings. So, I Wouldn't know what entry within RingCAre the ringer switch on the phone should control?

This is not an add for VolumeCare but rather an integration with VolumeCare. Remember VolumeCare not only controls the listening volume but it also adjusts the MIC Volume and it allows you to control the volume of Ringtones and 3rd party applications. So it is a natural marriage for both products.

In fact VolumeCare provides an additional 18 decibels of volume increase on the Treo 755! So VolumeCare does a great job pumping up the volume on the 755p.

Jeff
    Maybe an option to skip that screen? Not a huge deal.. I guess I see your point on the volume, would be nice to have a way to control all ringers.. I don't really set individual volumes on my ringers.. But I am thinking more of a way to limit volume if I am sleeping or whatever.. I usually turn my ringer way down at night because its right next to my head and I don't want to wake up the whole house.
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast