Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789101112 LastLast
  1.    #181  
    Quote Originally Posted by mistercoffee1 View Post
    1.59b and 1.61b:

Still no Text tones or partial Text tones (using midi)
    That is sooooo bizzar! What model Treo are you using again? How about Voicemails? Do you get text alerts if you use MP3's?

Jeff
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffgibson View Post
    That is sooooo bizzar! What model Treo are you using again? How about Voicemails? Do you get text alerts if you use MP3's?

Jeff

Jeff

I'm using a 650 Cingular, 1.17 sw/fw.
    Voicemail tones are fine.
    If I use mp3, the tones seem to work with Text messages (only tried once).

I've tested all the latest builds by starting with a hard-reset, I install RingCare, and then I reset the phone after installing.
    at&t Treo 680, SW 2.11-ATT
    Cingular Treo 650 Unlocked, SW 1.17-CNG/FW 1.51
  3.    #183  
    Jeff

I'm using a 650 Cingular, 1.17 sw/fw.
    Voicemail tones are fine.
    If I use mp3, the tones seem to work with Text messages (only tried once).

I've tested all the latest builds by starting with a hard-reset, I install RingCare, and then I reset the phone after installing.
    I am using basically the same platform and text w/midi works fine. Do you have many apps that are running in the background? Any others that link to the phone radio? How about any that hook HEDE? (Do you know how to check?)

Jeff
    Jeff,

I've considered the question - do I have apps that are running, or that link with the phone radio (overlays, etc).
    That's why I test after a Hard Reset, NOTHING installed. Clean. No Custom ROMs, no other software.
    The problem exists with a CLEAN phone.

Hey, what do you make of post #172 on this thread?

Jeff
  5.    #185  
    Jeff,

I've considered the question - do I have apps that are running, or that link with the phone radio (overlays, etc).
    That's why I test after a Hard Reset, NOTHING installed. Clean. No Custom ROMs, no other software.
    The problem exists with a CLEAN phone.

Hey, what do you make of post #172 on this thread?

Jeff
    Thanks for the information! It really helps.

Post 172: That makes sense up until version 1.61. The alert manager is using the MIDI tone you assign to the message type preference. What RingCare is trying to do is play its own MIDI and the alert manager is stopping this from happening even though I have set the message midi to NO SOUND.

Jeff
  6.    #186  
    Just posted 1.62b. I am hoping this has solved the MIDI text message delima!

Jeff
    Jeff,

I upgraded to 1.62b. I'm still getting the stuttering that came back a couple of versions ago. only happening on the initial answer (i'm using the center button to answer). no stuttering or anything after the call ends.

thanks
    Bryan
    Just posted 1.62b. I am hoping this has solved the MIDI text message delima!

Jeff
    Jeff:

1st Text: It worked! I left the phone alone, didn't press any buttons.
    2nd Text: Reset while running RingCare - Fatal Exception. Phone resets, the Text Message never shows up as having been received.

Tried again
    1st Text: It worked again. Again, I left the phone alone, didn't press any buttons.
    2nd Text: Reset while running RingCare - Fatal Exception. Phone resets, the Text Message never shows up as having been received.

I think you're on to something here, because I could hear them and they didn't cut off. Before, I either 1) hear no tone, or 2) hear only a partial tone.
  9.    #189  
    Quote Originally Posted by deadpool1701 View Post
    Jeff,

I upgraded to 1.62b. I'm still getting the stuttering that came back a couple of versions ago. only happening on the initial answer (i'm using the center button to answer). no stuttering or anything after the call ends.

thanks
    Bryan
    Interesting. What sound type? MIDI or MP3? I changed nothing in this part of the code that I know of.

Jeff
  10.    #190  
    Jeff:

1st Text: It worked! I left the phone alone, didn't press any buttons.

Tried again
    1st Text: It worked again. Again, I left the phone alone, didn't press any buttons.

I think you're on to something here, because I could hear them and they didn't cut off. Before, I either 1) hear no tone, or 2) hear only a partial tone.
    Found the problem. Posted version 1.63.

Jeff
    Found the problem. Posted version 1.63.

Jeff
    1.63b:

Text Messages work with midis (2 out of 2 so far , and I didn't touch any buttons in between)!

Voicemail midi works fine.

Ringtones with mp3 work fine on unknown callers so far.

I'm keeping this version!

Thanks Jeff, and Happy Friday!

Jeff
  12.    #192  
    1.63b:

Text Messages work with midis (2 out of 2 so far , and I didn't touch any buttons in between)!

Voicemail midi works fine.

Ringtones with mp3 work fine on unknown callers so far.

I'm keeping this version!

Thanks Jeff, and Happy Friday!

Jeff
    YEA!!!!!

This may very well be the official release on Monday.

Jeff
    Interesting. What sound type? MIDI or MP3? I changed nothing in this part of the code that I know of.

Jeff

MP3. I've had the problem before, and it went away in some previous releases, but the last 2 versions (for me) it's been back.
    Global Posts
    367 Global Posts
    My midi ringer was cutting out prior to 1.63, and the first call I got after I installed 1.63 the ringer cut out, but now it seems to be working OK.. going to try a soft reset and try it again..
    Global Posts
    367 Global Posts
    Hmm.. after soft reset my midi ringer is cutting out again.. with 1.63.. I get a vibrate, and like 0.25 seconds of the midi ringer, then nothing.. it just stops ringing. 755 with Sprint.
    Global Posts
    367 Global Posts
    Hmm.. why do I have a feeling this has something to do with Butler being installed.
  17.    #197  
    Quote Originally Posted by Crimson View Post
    Hmm.. after soft reset my midi ringer is cutting out again.. with 1.63.. I get a vibrate, and like 0.25 seconds of the midi ringer, then nothing.. it just stops ringing. 755 with Sprint.
    There has to be something happening because I am using 100% of the standard Palm utilities to play the MIDI's and do the vibrate. So what ever is happening, is problably being done to anything that plays MIDI's. My guess is that something is running in the background and consuming much cpu cycles.

EDIT: I found a set of debug code that may have been consuming extra CPU cycles. I just posed version 1.64b. See if this stops the choppy sound.

Jeff
    Jeff!
    I have a huge problem!

I am running the latest beta on my Treo 755p.
    Within the past few hours, I have been getting random resets!
    Well, I just did ##377# to see what was the reason of my last reset, and RingCare is to blame!

This is the error that appears:
    "Bitmap.c, Line:1085, BmpGetDensity: invalid argument"

HELP ME!!!!

Justin
  19.    #199  
    Quote Originally Posted by herofromsomeday View Post
    Jeff!
    I have a huge problem!

I am running the latest beta on my Treo 755p.
    Within the past few hours, I have been getting random resets!
    Well, I just did ##377# to see what was the reason of my last reset, and RingCare is to blame!

This is the error that appears:
    "Bitmap.c, Line:1085, BmpGetDensity: invalid argument"

HELP ME!!!!

Justin
    Send em an email with your number and I will call you. I am working late tonight.

Jeff
    support AT GoTreoSoftware.com
    I just tried 1.64b. No ringtones on incoming calls and no vibrate on a known caller (that was all I tested). I reverted back to 1.63

Edit:
    Whoops, just noticed 1.65b.
    So far so good - Texts, calls from Known, calls Programmed, Voicemail.
    Last edited by mistercoffee1; 06/22/2007 at 10:42 PM.
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789101112 LastLast