1.    #1  
    I have made an odd observation and am curious if other Sprint 700p users have noticed the same. My 700p has reset itself several times since I applied the MR the day it was released (6/4). Inspite of the resets since the MR, when I use ##377# to see what caused the reset, it will only show the last reset prior to the MR installation on 6/4.

Has anyone else who applied the MR noticed this on their 700p?
    CGordonn
    SPCS Treo 700p
    Virginia Beach, VA but home will
    always be Honolulu, HI
    Same here. This is the only problem I have had since the MR. I have only had one reset though. My 700 has been almost flawless.
    at&t iPhone3G
    Yeah, seems to be a *new* bug discussed elsewhere. Apparently is also the *new* operational mode of the 755p... go figure!
    Have a great one...Doc D.

Phillips VELO > Palm III > Palm V > Palm 505m > Treo 180 > Treo 300 > Samsung i500 > Treo 700p > HTC 6800 > Treo 800w > Treo Pro > Palm Pre > HTC Evo
    Quote Originally Posted by TreoNewt View Post
    Yeah, seems to be a *new* bug discussed elsewhere. Apparently is also the *new* operational mode of the 755p... go figure!
    Here is that discussion.
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...18#post1282518

..keep forcing the resets and eventually, it will update and then it won't again. Very intermittent.
    I updated that day and get:
    A crash occurred on 6/8/07 at 12:20 am while running "Explorer":

Fatal Exception
    Visor Edge + VisorPhone -> Samsung i300 -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Treo 755
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    not for me, but I find that I get incorrect info. It just told me the last reset was yesterday at 6pm, but it clearly reset itself and turned the phone back on overnight.
    The amount of resets I've gotten after the MR is driving me crazy, and the inability to use the error log is infuriating. I've had resets at least once a day for no apparent reason, and today just a few minutes ago my phone reset when a text message came in. I tried to look at the crash log to see what caused it and I get:

A crash occurred on 6/20/07 at 11:38 am while running "Universe":

Emul68KMain.c,
    Line:403, illegal instruction EOFF at address 736247C2
    That was 6 days ago! What in the world was Palm doing with this MR for the months they said it was in development? All they did is not fix the existing bugs (bluetooth, crashing, etc), remove previous functionality (email notification on phone screen, crash log), and introduce new bugs (ringer sound and dial tone sound problems)!
    Visor Edge + VisorPhone -> Samsung i300 -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Treo 755
    I've had 2 crashes since installing the MR. Mine has essentially been flawless, compared to 1-2 a day pre MR. Try reinstalling it. better yet, use the SD method.
    Matty
    Global Posts
    219 Global Posts
    I've actually had one reset since the MR, before I was only getting one every 2 months or so, so i'm pretty good. I would try reinstalling and see if that helps if it doesn't, get Sprint to get you another phone.
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    I found the #*#377# (I'm on VZW), pretty much, useless.
    Sure it tells you when the phone last crashed and what application you were using, but since the crashes are (as far as I know) random and not specifically associated with any one program or combination or programs or button presses, the information is like finding out what radio station you were listening to when you got into a fender bender. The information provided doesn't help, except if you like to track how often yours crashes (IMHO)
    I also am getting the random resets, but I am also 'waking up' my screen to find that I am in the MyTreo app, which I did not access. Is Palm remotely controlling our Treos?
    I don't know what to do at this point. I don't want to move away from PalmOS at this point due to the $$$ invested in software, and yet I'm convinced the 700p is inherently flawed past the ability of a MR to fix. I'm not too keen on the idea of moving to the 755 because of the change in flash card size, plus reports of many of the same issues we've seen with the MR being found in the 755. I might go to the Sprint store and see what they can do. I won't pay money for a 755 but I suppose I'd take one as a free replacement.