Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1.    #1  
    After all the reset problems with my previous 700P, which I was told were due to 3rd party apps, I'm fearful of adding anything to my 755.

    So far, Agendus Pro, Kinoma and the game Bookworm seem not to have caused any problems, but I read on another thread that Opera mini was faster than Blazer, Palm's built-in browser app.

    Can anyone tell me if I'm inviting problems by adding Opera Mini? Is it a free download? Is it really better than Blazer?

    Thanks for your thoughts,

    GeneL
  2. #2  
    I've had numerous resets while in Agendus Pro, always while using the Calendar button to cycle though views.

    Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to be tied to any other specific actions, and nothing shows up in the crashlog.

    Anyone else had this problem?
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by mruseless View Post
    I've had numerous resets while in Agendus Pro, always while using the Calendar button to cycle though views.

    Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to be tied to any other specific actions, and nothing shows up in the crashlog.

    Anyone else had this problem?
    While I had non-stop resets on my 700P, I haven't had any reset problems with my 755 and Agendus Pro was the first app I added. Did you download the latest version?

    "Hi Gene,

    Thank you for contacting iambic. Yes, Agendus is compatible with the 755p and if you have Agendus already installed onto your new device, please launch Agendus and tap Menu/Options/About Agendus. From there, please let me know your new DeviceID so I may provide your new activation code.

    With regards to transferring data from your 700p to your 755p, do you synchronize your device with your desktop? If so and all of your data is also on your desktop, please set your conduits in the hotsync manager to desktop overwrite handheld. Upon synchronization with your new device, all of the data on your desktop will transfer to your new device. Please let me know if you have any other inquiries. Thank you Gene!

    Regards,

    Loretta

    iambic Team - Sales"
  4. #4  
    Just try them out the 700p had so many issues its not even funny.
  5. #5  
    I have a 755p and do not suffer any of the resets I did with my 700p. I use Agendus Pro on my 755p, and all of the same applications that I used on my 700p. The 755p is MUCH more stable than the 700p, I wouldn't be scared to install 3rd party apps. 3rd party apps is what makes our Treos better, and it's not the apps that caused the resets on the 700p for the most part, it was the 700p.

    I've installed Opera Mini it works fine, but I find Blazer to be faster. Again, don't be scared to install 3rd party apps on your 755p, it's a whole different beast than the 700p.
    Jimmie Geddes
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by GeneL View Post
    While I had non-stop resets on my 700P, I haven't had any reset problems with my 755 and Agendus Pro was the first app I added. Did you download the latest version?

    "Hi Gene,

    Thank you for contacting iambic. Yes, Agendus is compatible with the 755p and if you have Agendus already installed onto your new device, please launch Agendus and tap Menu/Options/About Agendus. From there, please let me know your new DeviceID so I may provide your new activation code.

    With regards to transferring data from your 700p to your 755p, do you synchronize your device with your desktop? If so and all of your data is also on your desktop, please set your conduits in the hotsync manager to desktop overwrite handheld. Upon synchronization with your new device, all of the data on your desktop will transfer to your new device. Please let me know if you have any other inquiries. Thank you Gene!

    Regards,

    Loretta

    iambic Team - Sales"
    Thanks for sharing that email....I hope to find the reason for the resets soon. Right now I need a crash manager that will show me the problem. Otherwise I'll have to take off a other apps one at a time and see if the problem goes away...
  7. #7  
    First get a backup app and do a full backup of your stable Treo. Then install whatever app you wish and if it doesn't play nice, then just restore your recent backup. This should be SOP to avoid headaches. I'm going through the same exact process on my wife's 755P and my newly MR'ed 700P (great firmware update BTW if you install it correctly). Oh, I use NVBackup (free too).
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
  8. #8  
    Only reset problem I have had (other than when I had TreoAlarm's settings wrong at first) has been with the Bulter "nag" screen. About every other time it would reset my 755.

    [YES I had paid for Butler, but I had not done a hotsync yet and did not have a hotsync ID so it was not accepting my registration.]

    I have Agendus, Butler, Dial By photo, Takepone, 2day, LEDoff, Stopdim, Power up, and many more, none of which are resetting
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by GeneL View Post
    After all the reset problems with my previous 700P, which I was told were due to 3rd party apps, I'm fearful of adding anything to my 755.

    So far, Agendus Pro, Kinoma and the game Bookworm seem not to have caused any problems, but I read on another thread that Opera mini was faster than Blazer, Palm's built-in browser app.

    Can anyone tell me if I'm inviting problems by adding Opera Mini? Is it a free download? Is it really better than Blazer?

    Thanks for your thoughts,

    GeneL
    I think that the first third-party application you should load is Uninstall Manager (or something similar). Next a backup application. Then load applications one at a time. Play with them. Don't load ton's at once. My 755p is very stable and I have a few third-party applications loaded. You can see here: http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...0&postcount=22
    Me = Nokia 5170/Palm III > Kyocera 6035 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 755p > Treo Pro > Palm Pre

    Wife = Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 755p > Palm Centro > Palm Pixi
  10. #10  
    Be afraid...be very, very afraid...
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

    Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."

Posting Permissions