Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    I have waited up to 4-5 hours before quitting the format. This card has worked in the past so I don't think the card is broken. How long is long enough before throwing out the card?
    That is way too long. I would try again. Have you tried to format the card on both the phone and pc?
    Me = Nokia 5170/Palm III > Kyocera 6035 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 755p > Treo Pro > Palm Pre

Wife = Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 755p > Palm Centro > Palm Pixi
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    only on the phone?
  4. t4l
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    I tried formatting my Transcend 8GB (SDHC) card and it took forever. So I ejected the card and did the format on the PC (using Card Export II).

It might be failing becuase the Treo 700p uses a 32-bit integer for size and that means it has problems with cards > 4GB.

Try it on the PC with a SDHC card reader and it should be fine.
    Formatting a 2gb card would not have issues with regards to the PalmOS's use of 32bit integers for storing the size.

I'd format it in a PC.

My new Transcend 2GB microSD in an SD adapter only took about 30 seconds to format (I think, I didn't pay attention, but it wasn't more than a few minutes).
    Did you know:

webOS ran on a Treo 800 during initial development.
    I format my 2GB cards on the Treo and only takes a few seconds - not even ten seconds - to complete.

You might want to do a Soft Reset and then try again.
    Have a great one...Doc D.

Phillips VELO > Palm III > Palm V > Palm 505m > Treo 180 > Treo 300 > Samsung i500 > Treo 700p > HTC 6800 > Treo 800w > Treo Pro > Palm Pre > HTC Evo
    my 2gb took about 7 seconds and my 4gb took about 10-12.