Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    After some experimentation I've figured out which ROM files control the volume escalation on alerts, which is causing short alert sounds to play very softly. Copying these files from the original 1.08 ROM has restored my alerts to their original volume. I'm attaching the files you need. I don't know if they will hotsync. I copied to SD and moved into RAM with Filez. It needs a soft reset to take effect.

Note: This doesn't fix the touch tone sound that plays through the earpiece before the alert, but the alert does play at full volume. Annoying, but livable for now.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Global Posts
    577 Global Posts
    ^ Thanks a bunch for figuring out the alerts problem and posting a fix.

My Treo post-MR is now complete
    I was wondering what had happened! I have Alert Beep for all my alerts (VM, SMS, Calendar (don't use them though)) and had noticed the first one is very faint, then the 2nd beep is at regular volume. I just thought it was on escalate and I didn't know it/couldn't find the check box. I'll try the files out later though, I'm in a cleaning mood and don't want to start messing with my Treo.
    Thank you for figuring this out!!! This was driving me freaking nuts!
    Thanks a lot! I finally get my Alarm Triangle sound back! Woo hoo
    Global Posts
    206 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by brianm1002 View Post
    After some experimentation I've figured out which ROM files control the volume escalation on alerts, which is causing short alert sounds to play very softly.
    Awesome! Thanks for finding a solution.

P.S. Copying via Bluetooth works as well.
    do u remove the [1] in the name once u save file, example, they are saving as TonesLibraryLib[1].prc.prc

do u also remove one of the prc 's ?

just rename to toneslibrarylib.prc....?
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    Brian, thanks so much for figuring this out. I wish I had the technical knowledge to have troubleshot this myself. This problem made my Treo almost unusable. I only question if you were able to figure this out this quickly, why couldn't Palm figure this out after MONTHS of testing. I've been a loyal Palm owner since the Palm Pilot Professional, but this has me one step closer to abandoning the Palm platform.

Once again, on behalf of everyone you just helped, thanks.

Matt
    Quote Originally Posted by mstreger View Post
    Brian, thanks so much for figuring this out. I wish I had the technical knowledge to have troubleshot this myself. This problem made my Treo almost unusable. I only question if you were able to figure this out this quickly, why couldn't Palm figure this out after MONTHS of testing. I've been a loyal Palm owner since the Palm Pilot Professional, but this has me one step closer to abandoning the Palm platform.

Once again, on behalf of everyone you just helped, thanks.

Matt
    After all this time, according to Palm, producing and "carefully" testing this MR, we get this buggy update - I have already lost all faith and confidence on Palm's ability to deliver a functional anything.

Is obvious people at Palm don't know or understand their own OS anymore.
    Have a great one...Doc D.

Phillips VELO > Palm III > Palm V > Palm 505m > Treo 180 > Treo 300 > Samsung i500 > Treo 700p > HTC 6800 > Treo 800w > Treo Pro > Palm Pre > HTC Evo
    Thanks for researching this one...problem solved!
    Palm Pilot -> Palm IIIX -> Tungsten T3 -> Treo 700p -> Palm Pre
    can anyone respond on my ?

are u guys installing as is, the way it is saves or removing the [1]'s and extra .prc...?
    Global Posts
    206 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by italiangspot View Post

are u guys installing as is, the way it is saves or removing the [1]'s and extra .prc...?
    I'm not exactly sure what you mean with the [1]'s. I just simply copied the files as is using Bluetooth then preformed a reset.
    If we have other sounds in our tones library (ie. geek sounds, or other ringers), does this overwrite those as well. In other words, does this fix the default sound libraries only?
    --Steve

Visor-->Treo 600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700P-->Treo 800W-->Palm Pre-->HP Touchpad

My DVD Collection
    My Media Room
    GovTwit Directory
    Twitter: @dslunceford

Don't feel bad dude, I can't get them to hotsync over either. We don't all have BT on our desktops......
    Matty
    Global Posts
    860 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dslunceford View Post
    If we have other sounds in our tones library (ie. geek sounds, or other ringers), does this overwrite those as well. In other words, does this fix the default sound libraries only?
    Mine custom tones stuck.
    Visor Deluxe->Visor Edge (Upgraded for $100.00 just by giving them the Serial # of my Visor Deluxe plus I got to keep the Deluxe. Those were the days!)-> Palm M-505->M-515->Tungsten T->Zire 72->Treo 650->->Treo 700P->Treo 755P. Plus various replacements. 8130 Pearl....Sorry
    Global Posts
    860 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by matty032 View Post
    Don't feel bad dude, I can't get them to hotsync over either. We don't all have BT on our desktops......
    WTF? You don't have to have BT.
    Visor Deluxe->Visor Edge (Upgraded for $100.00 just by giving them the Serial # of my Visor Deluxe plus I got to keep the Deluxe. Those were the days!)-> Palm M-505->M-515->Tungsten T->Zire 72->Treo 650->->Treo 700P->Treo 755P. Plus various replacements. 8130 Pearl....Sorry
    Global Posts
    860 Global Posts
    do u remove the [1] in the name once u save file, example, they are saving as TonesLibraryLib[1].prc.prc

do u also remove one of the prc 's ?

just rename to toneslibrarylib.prc....?
    Just install over top of the existing.
    Global Posts
    860 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by brianm1002 View Post
    After some experimentation I've figured out which ROM files control the volume escalation on alerts, which is causing short alert sounds to play very softly. Copying these files from the original 1.08 ROM has restored my alerts to their original volume. I'm attaching the files you need. I don't know if they will hotsync. I copied to SD and moved into RAM with Filez. It needs a soft reset to take effect.

Note: This doesn't fix the touch tone sound that plays through the earpiece before the alert, but the alert does play at full volume. Annoying, but livable for now.
    Thanks for figuring this out!
    they won't hotsync over. Read only error. and the english file adds a .prc on the end.
    Matty
    Global Posts
    860 Global Posts
    Option 1: Email them to yourself. Save them to your card. Copy them to RAM with FileZ.
    Option 2: Copy them to your SD card with a card reader. Copy them to RAM with FileZ.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast