Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    You are welcome.
    Have a great one...Doc D.

Phillips VELO > Palm III > Palm V > Palm 505m > Treo 180 > Treo 300 > Samsung i500 > Treo 700p > HTC 6800 > Treo 800w > Treo Pro > Palm Pre > HTC Evo
    Global Posts
    860 Global Posts
    Ditto.
    Visor Deluxe->Visor Edge (Upgraded for $100.00 just by giving them the Serial # of my Visor Deluxe plus I got to keep the Deluxe. Those were the days!)-> Palm M-505->M-515->Tungsten T->Zire 72->Treo 650->->Treo 700P->Treo 755P. Plus various replacements. 8130 Pearl....Sorry
    Would some kind person that has installed the MR AND reinstalled the files at the top of this discussion to eliminate the "audio problem" check to see if you experience the same audio reduction problem when you receive a call while on a call. I would like to see if this problem is gone, too.
    Would some kind person that has installed the MR AND reinstalled the files at the top of this discussion to eliminate the "audio problem" check to see if you experience the same audio reduction problem when you receive a call while on a call. I would like to see if this problem is gone, too.
    Can you describe, I am not aware of this one. I'll be happy to check for you once I know what to look for.

Phillips VELO > Palm III > Palm V > Palm 505m > Treo 180 > Treo 300 > Samsung i500 > Treo 700p > HTC 6800 > Treo 800w > Treo Pro > Palm Pre > HTC Evo
    Never mind I read the thread where you describe the problem. Will check and let you know.

Ooops! I had copied the link to my other thread but forgot to paste it in my message.

Post-MR audio problem while on call...
    Just to let everyone know who might be using Lightwav Pro that these files somehow cause the MP3 ringtone playback to be unstable. Sometimes when someone calls it will be low and other times it will play normally. I don't know if its directly related but it seemed fine before I installed these files and then after I uninstalled them. Its just a heads up ... if anyone else has this program let me know how it turns out in case Im wrong.

Thanks for the work put into these files. They did as you said they would but my MP3 playback in lightwav was more important to the boring ringtones palm has stock
    wow, i was going nuts wondering what issue was, sound a little better when u pick ptunes in as the player in LWave rather then lightwav, also try that out
    This fix does not fix the phantom beep for me.

Checking Alert Beep after a soft reset, results in the following for me.

1) Sound on mode: soft beep, followed by Alert Beep
    2) Sound off mode (my usual mode): soft beep

That's the insane part. Sound off mode is supposed to be completely silent not emit beeps randomly.
    ^this fix was not meant to fix the DTMF tone bug in post-MR 700P and 755.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    I recently reinstalled the MR via SD this time. The first time was via USB.
    I tried installing the three files again(the ones listed in Post #1) and only the second one would take. This first and third files gave me error msg and said that the data base already existed.

The volume is fine but I'm still getting the almost silent tone before the actual tone.

Anyone else?
    Last edited by TurboTiger; 06/29/2007 at 01:54 PM.
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    ^these 3 files already exist in ROM so you have to copy them to RAM and overwrite the existing ones. They don't really get overwritten but the new ones in RAM will execute.
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by ChemEngr View Post
    ^these 3 files already exist in ROM so you have to copy them to RAM and overwrite the existing ones. They don't really get overwritten but the new ones in RAM will execute.
    When I installed these three files the first time (after doing the MR via USB) all three files indicated they were had been installed properly, and the faint noise that proceeded the alert tones dissapeared.

I'm still getting the faint noise.

TIA
    iPhone 4S
    Cigar Lover
    ^these substitute files from software ver. 1.08 only fix the alerts ramp-up volume bug on 700P MR and 755P. It doesn't fix the DTMF tone bug on either treo. Hope this is clear.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChemEngr View Post
    ^these substitute files from software ver. 1.08 only fix the alerts ramp-up volume bug on 700P MR and 755P. It doesn't fix the DTMF tone bug on either treo. Hope this is clear.
    Tks for the explanation
    iPhone 4S
    Cigar Lover
    the 1/2 second muted alert and ring tones were driving me crazy. thanks for figuring this out!
    Matt Ridge
    Upward Technologies
    www.upwardtechnologies.com
    Global Posts
    788 Global Posts
    do these files work for verizon?
    M505 -> M515 -> Kyo6035 -> Kyo 7135 -> Treo 600 ->Treo 650 -> Treo 700P -> Treo 700 WX -> Samsung Saga VZW
    I tried it on a Verizon 700p and it crashed. When the alert 1st sounded, the ramp-up issue was gone, but the phone crashed after about 1 second. I then tried only installing 2 of the 3 files (skipped the one w/ SPCS (i.e., Sprint PCS) in it's name), but the phone still crashed.
    So if anyone has the 3 toneslibrary files from a pre-MR Verizon phone, please post them!
  19. PSM
    Global Posts
    340 Global Posts
    Thanks for trying, AlanK. I was about to try with my Verizon phone, but I'll wait. I'm in no rush anyway. I care much more about the DTMF tone than the volume problem, as my phone is usually on vibrate.

It's good to see that there may be a fix for at least part of the MR problem. I just don't get how either of these issues got past Palm and the carrier's testers with the MR and the 755p. I bought my phone and noticed this issue within 30 seconds of leaving the store.
    Global Posts
    228 Global Posts
    I am just glad it wasn't just me. I have started setting my alert times ahead 5 minutes so when I miss the first one, I hear the next one on time.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast