Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 62
  1. #21  
    I'll try using NVbackup set pre-MR to restore these files. Will report if it works. Thanks for the heads up OP!
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
  2. #22  
    i emailed to myself, then just installed to ram from email

    whats a good test to see if things are working correctly now
  3.    #23  
    For a test, go to sound preferences, set your volume to 7, and choose the Alert Beep tone. If you hear two loud clear beeps, it's working. Without the fix, the first beep is almost inaudible, and the second isn't at full volume.

    Also, as to the first file ending in .prc.prc, this is how it came out of the rom dump I found so I left it as is. Not sure about the [1] one poster commented about as my files didn't have this.

    I'm fairly new to the treo community, only having had the 700p about 4 months, but I'm glad I could help.
  4. #24  
    The easiest way to hear the difference is to go to the sound preferences and hit the "manage" button. From there, just tap the different system midi sounds. You will hear that the volume ramps up on all of them until you replace the libraries... (and soft reset)
    Last edited by sideman7; 06/11/2007 at 11:56 AM.
  5. #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by italiangspot View Post
    i emailed to myself, then just installed to ram from email

    whats a good test to see if things are working correctly now
    same here
    Matty
  6. #26  
    I tried copying those files but I keep getting error messages. Now my sound prefs option does not work.

    Can someone explain in detail how to copy the files to the RAM. Sounds easy but I must be an *****

    At least I got the MR installed correctly complete with blurry screen and low volume alerts.
  7.    #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluedart View Post
    I tried copying those files but I keep getting error messages. Now my sound prefs option does not work.

    Can someone explain in detail how to copy the files to the RAM. Sounds easy but I must be an *****

    At least I got the MR installed correctly complete with blurry screen and low volume alerts.
    Sounds like only some of the files copied. What did you use to copy the files? I used Filez and it worked with these, but occasionally, I've found a file it won't copy. If Filez doesn't work, try Resco Explorer. It's always been able to copy files even Filez can't copy. It has a free trial.

    To revert to the way it was, use one of those two programs to delete the files from RAM.
  8. #28  
    I don't know if it copied to the ram.

    There are two of each file on the internal one with the little chip looking thingy dated 3-30-07 and one without the chip looking thingy dated 3-16-06. No matter what I tried I could not get the files on my SD card to overwrite the files on the internal.

    Arrg I am very frustrated and I can't get it back to the way it was.
  9. #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluedart View Post
    I don't know if it copied to the ram.

    There are two of each file on the internal one with the little chip looking thingy dated 3-30-07 and one without the chip looking thingy dated 3-16-06. No matter what I tried I could not get the files on my SD card to overwrite the files on the internal.

    Arrg I am very frustrated and I can't get it back to the way it was.
    You can not override/delete the ROM files with this procedure; when you copy the old sound files to RAM they get executed intead of the ones in ROM, but the ones in ROM will remain.
    Have a great one...Doc D.

    Phillips VELO > Palm III > Palm V > Palm 505m > Treo 180 > Treo 300 > Samsung i500 > Treo 700p > HTC 6800 > Treo 800w > Treo Pro > Palm Pre > HTC Evo
  10. #30  
    OK but why does my sound prefs menu not work anymore? and I have no alert sound instead of just a weak one.
  11. #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluedart View Post
    ...Arrg I am very frustrated and I can't get it back to the way it was.
    You should be able to get it back to the way it was by first deleting the RAM files you installed and then doing a soft reset.

    Quote Originally Posted by Bluedart View Post
    OK but why does my sound prefs menu not work anymore? and I have no alert sound instead of just a weak one.
    If that fails, then a hard reset will erase all your RAM and remove not only the files you installed but any other 3rd party application that may be causing some unforseen interference.

    Copying these files to RAM can not alter the ROM image at all. After a hard reset your phone should be back to "normal".
    Have a great one...Doc D.

    Phillips VELO > Palm III > Palm V > Palm 505m > Treo 180 > Treo 300 > Samsung i500 > Treo 700p > HTC 6800 > Treo 800w > Treo Pro > Palm Pre > HTC Evo
  12.    #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluedart View Post
    I don't know if it copied to the ram.

    There are two of each file on the internal one with the little chip looking thingy dated 3-30-07 and one without the chip looking thingy dated 3-16-06. No matter what I tried I could not get the files on my SD card to overwrite the files on the internal.

    Arrg I am very frustrated and I can't get it back to the way it was.
    It sounds like what it's supposed to look like. One with the chip and one without the chip of the same name. Did you reset after?

    To revert, find the three files in internal without the chip and delete them. You may need to use Resco Explorer to do this.

    If all else fails, a hard reset should take care of it-but shouldn't be necessary.
  13. #33  
    Just to report that my NVBackup set pre-MR did not have these files (I'm guessing it doesn't backup ROM files). So I used BT to send these files to my Treo - said 'yes' to overwrite existing, soft reset and voila. FIXED!!! Love this board!

    edit: BTW, when I downloaded the 3 files, two of them had the '[1]' designation when saved to my HD. I just deleted this when I renamed the files then sent them to my Treo via BT.
    Last edited by ChemEngr; 06/11/2007 at 04:29 PM. Reason: FYI
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
  14. #34  
    I deleted the files but still no joy.

    Had to do a hard reset (I hate when I have to do that) and I am back to new with the Flawed MR. I'll try to copy the flies again since the low alert tone is really a problem for me.

    Thanks guys for the help.
  15. #35  
    The files installed this time. Its louder but not as loud as it was before the MR.

    Again thanks for all the help.
  16. #36  
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluedart View Post
    The files installed this time. Its louder but not as loud as it was before the MR.

    Again thanks for all the help.
    If you haven't done so, do a full backup of your current Treo state to an SD card. If you don't use a backup program, get NVBackup (is free and works, you can just google and you'll find it) and do so now.

    Make a habit of doing a full backup before installing new hacks, files or software, that way if things don't work-out, you can do a Hard Reset and restore your prior state from the SD card with little or no pain at all.
    Have a great one...Doc D.

    Phillips VELO > Palm III > Palm V > Palm 505m > Treo 180 > Treo 300 > Samsung i500 > Treo 700p > HTC 6800 > Treo 800w > Treo Pro > Palm Pre > HTC Evo
  17. #37  
    Ok for those of us who not very techie:
    I just emailed the 3 files to my treo. When I click on one of the files, it's asking me if I want to intall. Can't I just install from there? Or do I have to save them to my SD card.

    Assuming I have to save them to my SD card, in the post above, it suggests copying them to rom. Does that mean copy them and leave them as prcs in rom?

    I'm really confused.

    If anyone is willing, it would be greatly appreciated if someone would list out specific steps to the entire process.

    TIA
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
  18. twitch3's Avatar
    Posts
    821 Posts
    Global Posts
    860 Global Posts
    #38  
    Yes you can install from there. I wasn't sure it would before G-Spot tested it but apparently it works. You don't have to change anything. If you decide to do the copy method, you are actually insralling to RAM not ROM.
    Visor Deluxe->Visor Edge (Upgraded for $100.00 just by giving them the Serial # of my Visor Deluxe plus I got to keep the Deluxe. Those were the days!)-> Palm M-505->M-515->Tungsten T->Zire 72->Treo 650->->Treo 700P->Treo 755P. Plus various replacements. 8130 Pearl....Sorry
  19. #39  
    Quote Originally Posted by TurboTiger View Post
    Ok for those of us who not very techie:
    I just emailed the 3 files to my treo. When I click on one of the files, it's asking me if I want to intall. Can't I just install from there? Or do I have to save them to my SD card.

    Assuming I have to save them to my SD card, in the post above, it suggests copying them to rom. Does that mean copy them and leave them as prcs in rom?

    I'm really confused.

    If anyone is willing, it would be greatly appreciated if someone would list out specific steps to the entire process.

    TIA
    1. If not done so, make a backup of your Treo before installing - see prior post.
    2. Email the three sound files as attachments to the Treo.
    3. Once retrieved by the email client (I am using Versamail), click on each one and when asked to install choose [YES] for each. These will copy them to RAM, the others will remain on ROM.
    4. Do a soft reset after installing to run the RAM files.

    After this you should be good.
    Last edited by TreoNewt; 06/11/2007 at 09:23 PM.
    Have a great one...Doc D.

    Phillips VELO > Palm III > Palm V > Palm 505m > Treo 180 > Treo 300 > Samsung i500 > Treo 700p > HTC 6800 > Treo 800w > Treo Pro > Palm Pre > HTC Evo
  20. #40  
    Tks Twitch3 and TreoNewt for all for your help. I installed direclty from the files attached to my email and of course did a soft reset.

    And tks to BrianM1002 for the great find and work.

    Good Luck to all.
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions