Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I was curious about this but do you all know if they are still issuing 700 replacements ever since the 755 came out? I know its not on the site anymore but what do they do with all the unused 700s in their inventory? Say if i goto store and my 700 is defective or something, will they give me another 700 or a new 755?
    If they have 700's in stock then generally that's what you'll get as a replacement.
    They order you a 700p.. Trust me they will never run out of them or a refurb 700p.. They still have 650's they can give you..

If you want a 755p call up *2 and explain to retentions that you have waited for this update for a long time and it has not fixed anything and palm has pulled it off their site. Also explain how many 700p's you have had replaced. If you have never had your 700p replaced because of lag/bluetooth/text freezing, then good luck trying to get a 755p.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkY View Post
    If they have 700's in stock then generally that's what you'll get as a replacement.
    If they dont have 700s on the display shelves will they have it in the back?
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by AndrewAz View Post
    They order you a 700p.. Trust me they will never run out of them or a refurb 700p.. They still have 650's they can give you..

If you want a 755p call up *2 and explain to retentions that you have waited for this update for a long time and it has not fixed anything and palm has pulled it off their site. Also explain how many 700p's you have had replaced. If you have never had your 700p replaced because of lag/bluetooth/text freezing, then good luck trying to get a 755p.
    This is my 2nd replaced 700. check out my 4 posts towards the bottom. http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...=144830&page=2
    good information, suggestions would be nice.
    I bricked a total of four and got 700ps as replacements. I begged for a 755, but with no luck. Perhaps you are a better sweet talker than I...
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by GoogleNerd View Post
    I bricked a total of four and got 700ps as replacements. I begged for a 755, but with no luck. Perhaps you are a better sweet talker than I...
    WHen was the last time you received a replacement 700? before or after the 755 was released? DId they have to order it for you or did they have them in stock? And were you at a corp store or non corp store?
    If they have a 700...thats what your going to get. You should call retentions and try to wheal and deal yourself a 755. IMO, all the people who have had several 700 replacements along with a failing update should get nothing short of 755 for a replacement. Its plain wrong, especially when they released the 755 before the 700 was given any oportunity to a updated fix.
    at&t iPhone3G
    Quote Originally Posted by England Fan View Post
    WHen was the last time you received a replacement 700? before or after the 755 was released? DId they have to order it for you or did they have them in stock? And were you at a corp store or non corp store?
    Last Thursday (6/7/07). It was in stock and I presume a corporate store (the only sprint store in Lex, Ky other than mall vendors)
    The best I got @ a Sprint store was a NEW 700p (in the box). Then I bricked that too. after my 4th I called to cancel my account-really. They gave me 15 % off my archaic but awesome plan + free text + free power vision + a 755 for $179 + (minus?) $100 rebate. After I sell my 700pos I should be well ahead. this is after over 19 (yes, I kept track) hours on my time either 5'ing with the phones and on the phone with Palm or Sprint. If you've had problems just keep on trying. Hopefully you will get someone like I did.
    I bricked my 700p with the MR and was able to get it replaced with a 755p. All it took was about a half-hour on the phone being polite.

(The 755p is pretty nice!)
  12.    #12  
    i called a sprint store today and i asked if they had any 700p's as replacements. She immediately asked me: "does your phone make and receive calls?" I said yes. then she said we will have one for you within 3-5 days. Then i hung up cause she seemed kinda *****y. What would happen if i told her that it didnt make and receive calls? What do you guys think?
  13.    #13  
    i called a sprint store today and i asked if they had any 700p's as replacements. She immediately asked me: "does your phone make and receive calls?" I said yes. then she said we will have one for you within 3-5 days. Then i hung up cause she seemed kinda B****y. What would happen if i told her that it didnt make and receive calls? What do you guys think?
    Last edited by England Fan; 06/11/2007 at 01:26 PM.
    I can almost promise you that you'll get a 700p as a replacement, and that you'll continue getting them for quite a while. About 7 or 8 months ago, I had a Treo 600 crap out on me. I took it in thinking, "Great! At minimum, I'll should get a 650 now! With a little luck, maybe even a 700p..." Nope, I got a BRAND NEW Treo 600 as a replacement. I couldn't believe it.

I did manage to get my 700p upgraded to a 755p thru Palm after this whole MR debacle. Apparently, I was one of 5 people they did that for, sort of a gift for taking the time to send them my install logs and sending them my dead 700p so that they can try to isolate the MR install issue. I wonder how that's going for them...
    If you want a 755p replacement DONT GO TO THE ****ING STORE. Call *2 and ask for a Rep. Explain to them the issues you are having and how many times you have had your phone replaced, also explain you have a letter from palms product manager Steve Sinclare (find it in one of the stickies here) that admits to the issues and that a software fix is the only way to fix them. Explain you have been waiting since December for a software fix and many dates it was promised on have passed. Tell them it finally came out and then it was removed since it created more problems and didnt solve any of the issues so Palm pulled it and you are tired of waiting for a fix. Explain to them a new 755p has come out and it fixes all the software issues that the 700p has most of the reps know that. Ask them if they can send out a return kit for the 700p and replace it with a 755p since every 700p you have had has the same problems that wont be fixed because of admitted software issues by Palm and mention the patch again.
  16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy Gallo View Post
    I can almost promise you that you'll get a 700p as a replacement, and that you'll continue getting them for quite a while. About 7 or 8 months ago, I had a Treo 600 crap out on me. I took it in thinking, "Great! At minimum, I'll should get a 650 now! With a little luck, maybe even a 700p..." Nope, I got a BRAND NEW Treo 600 as a replacement. I couldn't believe it.

I did manage to get my 700p upgraded to a 755p thru Palm after this whole MR debacle. Apparently, I was one of 5 people they did that for, sort of a gift for taking the time to send them my install logs and sending them my dead 700p so that they can try to isolate the MR install issue. I wonder how that's going for them...
    did you call 813-312-4914 (palm)? i called that number and the answering service said its gonna cost me like 25 bucks for each repair. What exactly did you say to them? how did you send them your install logs? so they are keeping your 700 and u got a new 755 right? and you dont have to change it back? imma call once i hear back
    Quote Originally Posted by England Fan View Post
    did you call 813-312-4914 (palm)? i called that number and the answering service said its gonna cost me like 25 bucks for each repair. What exactly did you say to them? how did you send them your install logs? so they are keeping your 700 and u got a new 755 right? and you dont have to change it back? imma call once i hear back
    I think that was the number I started with (it was whatever number Sprint gave me). The $25 charge you can "negotiate" with them, they were going to waive it for me when they were telling me that I was getting another 700p. To waive it, I pretty much told them that I refused to pay it since they were the one's that broke my phone. I use the term "gift" in my last post very loosely. I was on the phone with them for 2 very unpleasant days (for me and them).

I ultimately got transfered over to Corporate Customer Care and dealt with them for the rest of the case. BUT, I found out today that they weren't the ones that authorized the upgrade either. Apparently, their engineering department grabbed my case and asked me for my phone without CCC knowing. I know this since I got back to back phone calls from Palm; the first (from the engineering dept I think) saying that they were sending me a 755p and then, ten minutes later, the second from CCC saying that they couldn't do my request to upgrade to a 755p...then his notes got updated in the middle of me chewing the poor guy out. Man, I was piiiisssssed...and of course they wind up send me a burgandy one (I wanted blue). Oh well, still a victory ...

I'm going to state that I highly doubt that you will get very far with Palm, I was extremely lucky in this case.
  18.    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy Gallo View Post
    I think that was the number I started with (it was whatever number Sprint gave me). The $25 charge you can "negotiate" with them, they were going to waive it for me when they were telling me that I was getting another 700p. To waive it, I pretty much told them that I refused to pay it since they were the one's that broke my phone. I use the term "gift" in my last post very loosely. I was on the phone with them for 2 very unpleasant days (for me and them).

I ultimately got transfered over to Corporate Customer Care and dealt with them for the rest of the case. BUT, I found out today that they weren't the ones that authorized the upgrade either. Apparently, their engineering department grabbed my case and asked me for my phone without CCC knowing. I know this since I got back to back phone calls from Palm; the first (from the engineering dept I think) saying that they were sending me a 755p and then, ten minutes later, the second from CCC saying that they couldn't do my request to upgrade to a 755p...then his notes got updated in the middle of me chewing the poor guy out. Man, I was piiiisssssed...and of course they wind up send me a burgandy one (I wanted blue). Oh well, still a victory ...

I'm going to state that I highly doubt that you will get very far with Palm, I was extremely lucky in this case.
    how did you they ask for the "logs" from you and how did you send it?
    Quote Originally Posted by GoogleNerd View Post
    Did you ever get the MR to take GoogleNerd?
    ONE can be spelled as NEO.
    There is no spoon.
  20.    #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by treozero View Post
    The best I got @ a Sprint store was a NEW 700p (in the box). Then I bricked that too. after my 4th I called to cancel my account-really. They gave me 15 % off my archaic but awesome plan + free text + free power vision + a 755 for $179 + (minus?) $100 rebate. After I sell my 700pos I should be well ahead. this is after over 19 (yes, I kept track) hours on my time either 5'ing with the phones and on the phone with Palm or Sprint. If you've had problems just keep on trying. Hopefully you will get someone like I did.
    how long were you with sprint? im coming up on your hours too man. Did you keep a mileage/travel tracking too?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast