Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by England Fan View Post
    how did you they ask for the "logs" from you and how did you send it?
    They called me on work phone (which I had to use since my 700p was dead). I guess someone I talked to refered my case over to them without anyone knowing. They just asked me to email the logs (located in your "My Documents" folder) with the case number as the subject. Then they gave me their Fedex number to ship my phone back to them. I thought about shipping my phone back in one of our old server boxes loaded with my old books on their bill. Can you imagine how much an oversized 80lb box would cost to ship priority overnight? Oh man, I was so tempted.
    Global Posts
    844 Global Posts
    If they dont have 700s on the display shelves will they have it in the back?

It's quite possible. The fact is, you will not get what you want from a Sprint store. If you really want the 755, you're going to have to keep trying to call a Sprint CSR, or Retentions to get it. STAY AWAY FROM THE STORE!!!! Phoning Sprint CS, good. Going to store, Bad.

As for what would happen if you told the rep at the store that your phone would not make or receive calls? They'd make you bring it in. They'd test it. If it worked, they'd send you home with it and any possible credibility you had would be gone.
  3.    #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by fwinst View Post
    It's quite possible. The fact is, you will not get what you want from a Sprint store. If you really want the 755, you're going to have to keep trying to call a Sprint CSR, or Retentions to get it. STAY AWAY FROM THE STORE!!!! Phoning Sprint CS, good. Going to store, Bad.

As for what would happen if you told the rep at the store that your phone would not make or receive calls? They'd make you bring it in. They'd test it. If it worked, they'd send you home with it and any possible credibility you had would be gone.
    Ive called CSR, retentions, tech support many many times and they keep telling me to goto the store. The last time i went to the store, they told me that if CSR said to go into the store and the store will swap it out for you, you might as well tell them to send you a phone instead of making you go into the store.

In regards to the 2nd part, I didnt give out any of my information. I just called as a curious customer and asked.
    Ive called CSR, retentions, tech support many many times and they keep telling me to goto the store. The last time i went to the store, they told me that if CSR said to go into the store and the store will swap it out for you, you might as well tell them to send you a phone instead of making you go into the store.

In regards to the 2nd part, I didnt give out any of my information. I just called as a curious customer and asked.
    Retention will note your account and the store will do what retention note says to do.

If retention i telling you to go to the store without noting your account for a new phone this means they have flagged you as a customer they have low interest in keeping.
  5.    #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by aero View Post

If retention i telling you to go to the store without noting your account for a new phone this means they have flagged you as a customer they have low interest in keeping.

well that is good to hear
    No call to retentions. No threats. Some frustration but still calm. Took my 700p to a repair center, repair center agreed there was an issue. Was told it could replaced with a 700p b/c sprint had plenty. Told them I was cool with that, just wanted a reliable phone. I loved my 700p pre-MR. Repair center had some problems getting a response from the warehouse. Called Sprint to see what the hold up was. Rep gave me some grief about upgrading. Told her I didn't call to upgrade; wanted 700p fixed. Rep put me on hold. Told me no more 700p's. Told me my new 755 would be here by the end of the week.
  7.    #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by Diana Prince View Post
    No call to retentions. No threats. Some frustration but still calm. Took my 700p to a repair center, repair center agreed there was an issue. Was told it could replaced with a 700p b/c sprint had plenty. Told them I was cool with that, just wanted a reliable phone. I loved my 700p pre-MR. Repair center had some problems getting a response from the warehouse. Called Sprint to see what the hold up was. Rep gave me some grief about upgrading. Told her I didn't call to upgrade; wanted 700p fixed. Rep put me on hold. Told me no more 700p's. Told me my new 755 would be here by the end of the week.
    So did you call SPrint right there on the spot to see what the holdup was? What grief were they giving you?
    So did you call SPrint right there on the spot to see what the holdup was? What grief were they giving you?
    I have been in communications with the repair shop since the day I took my phone to them. They advised me they had not gotten any feedback from the warehouse and I should call Sprint to find out why. I called from my office.

I must have had a newbie rep because she said I would have to upgrade and use rebates to have my phone replaced. I told her I was not going to use rebates to replace a 700p for a 700p. That's when she put me on hold and came back to tell me that there were no more 700p's and that she was sending out a 755 at no charge.
  9.    #29  
    FINALLY! After going through hell with SPrint the past couple weeks and Sprint reps thinking that i am delusional for my phone reset looping, i called retentions and they are sending me a burgundy 755! Cant believe how relieved i am finally. Told them that my phone was bricked and they said they ran out of 700p's and sending me a 755 like Diana Prince said. Should get one in couple days. FINALLY! <--tears of joy!
    FINALLY! After going through hell with SPrint the past couple weeks and Sprint reps thinking that i am delusional for my phone reset looping, i called retentions and they are sending me a burgundy 755! Cant believe how relieved i am finally. Told them that my phone was bricked and they said they ran out of 700p's and sending me a 755 like Diana Prince said. Should get one in couple days. FINALLY! <--tears of joy!
    Did you have to re-up your contract for 2 more years?

I've not pursued trying to get a 755 because I don't want to be locked into a Garnet device for that long again.
    If you have not agreed to a two year contract they can not change or say you changed you agreement. Most times they record the conversation or get another person on the phone to verify you know you are signing a two year agreement.

I had them try to extend my current contract last year but they backed down once I told them it was not part of the deal (and it wasn't) I agreed to. I think they checked and it was never brought up during the deal/conversation.

Cheers
    Were any of you charged for the 755p upgrade and required to return your old phone to get credit back?
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    I recently updated my 700p with the MR to which is broke my device royally. I then contacted retentions about this matter and advised them the only reason I did the MR was to try and get better BT range and improved performance. They were quick to send me a replacment 700p to which I asked NO as It will be the same issue unless they can give me one with the MR installed. Since the MR was taken down they sent me a 755p free of charge for my troubles.

Hey im not complaining.. Even thou the BT issue still exists with me. LoL
  14.    #34  
    No they did not make me extend my contract even though ill be with sprint for awhile. They are sending me a return kit so that i can send them my bricked 700p. They didnt care about the accessories so i can keep them. Didnt ask about the battery though, maybe ill keep that too and sell it. Man i guess SPrint is definately giving out 755's to replace the 700p's so you all better get the word out to people that owns 700p's and wants free upgrades cause this wont last long! Good Luck to all
    Quote Originally Posted by traderhenry View Post
    Were any of you charged for the 755p upgrade and required to return your old phone to get credit back?
    I was told to send the 700p back or I would get charged.
  16.    #36  
    I was told to send the 700p back or I would get charged.
    Same here
    I'm still wondering if getting *another* Garnet phone is worth it. Maybe I'm ready for a change....
  18. pmb
    I got a 700p from Sprint yesterday, the 12th, and I'm glad it wasn't a 755. Other than the screwy MR update I had "not much" trouble with the 700p. the 755 would be OK but I'm so heavily invested in the toys that won't migrate to the 755. they say the new 700 is a re-furb but I'll be damned if I can tell!
    There is one huge cavet though. About the time the MR caused the 700 to go TU I got a new "Vista" OS laptop. The 700 and Vista DO NOT play together well. If you're going this route, read this over VERY closely...
    http://www.palm.com/us/support/downl...sk414e680.html
    Quote Originally Posted by AndrewAz View Post
    They order you a 700p.. Trust me they will never run out of them or a refurb 700p.. They still have 650's they can give you..

If you want a 755p call up *2 and explain to retentions that you have waited for this update for a long time and it has not fixed anything and palm has pulled it off their site. Also explain how many 700p's you have had replaced. If you have never had your 700p replaced because of lag/bluetooth/text freezing, then good luck trying to get a 755p.

My buddy called Sprint today and they said they are no longer offering 650's as replacements. They are sending my buddy a brand new 700p which is fine, and since I haven't had any problems with the MR like some people have I told him to do it. I just thought all you 650 owners if you do happen to want a 700p you should be able to get it if your 650 craps out.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12