Global Posts
    426 Global Posts
    I noticed a new version 2.0.16 is now available at PalmGear. (Palm's site still has 2.0.11.) But I can't find any information on what changed. Has anyone found out more information?

Edit: Start at post #14 for latest discussion of version 2.0.28.1
    Last edited by carrel; 12/20/2007 at 11:15 AM.
    All I know is I had to unistall it to install the new version from Palmgear. Even stranger is the fact that it doesn't give you an option in the program to check for updates.
    Treo Voice Dialing used to only offer:
    Call Name Mobile
    Call Number

Now it added:
    Send Email Name
    Send Message
    Lookup Name
    Open App

Guess they figure they could get more customers because the service that Sprint offers is a monthly cost plus it requires an Internet call just to dial a number.

I am waiting on my code for my 755p.
    Looking for a way to earn additional income? One that allows you to not only market services people use everyday, but the services of the future too? This opportunity provides outstanding earning potential with ongoing training and support. You are in business for yourself but never by yourself. Stop imagining and start living.

Independent Representative
    Carl Brooks
    carl@techloyal.com
    http://www.techloyal.com
    Global Posts
    426 Global Posts
    But 2.0.11 did all those things. I've used them for quite some time.
    The voice dialing software had these features in the earlier version that came with my 650 I thought.
    Quote Originally Posted by carrel View Post
    But 2.0.11 did all those things. I've used them for quite some time.

Voice Dial that I use to use for the 650 would send emails, add calendar appointments, lookup weather, movies, etc.? I don't remember anything except dialing.

Edit: I looked on Palm's website and found that there was a newer version than what I had purchased. That seems better than $6 a month.
    Last edited by JohnH59; 06/10/2007 at 10:42 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnH59 View Post
    Voice Dial that I use to use for the 650 would send emails, add calendar appointments, lookup weather, movies, etc.? I don't remember anything except dialing.

Edit: I looked on Palm's website and found that there was a newer version than what I had purchased. That seems better than $6 a month.
    Were you using Voice Dial or Voicedialit?

Voice dial always allowed me to send email, etc., but not schedule appts, etc.
    It only let me open programs.
    Well the new voice dial by palm is not working on my phone. Instead of it saying "say a command" I am getting static. Speakerphone works fine otherwise.
    Quote Originally Posted by cadman View Post
    Were you using Voice Dial or Voicedialit?

Voice dial always allowed me to send email, etc., but not schedule appts, etc.
    It only let me open programs.
    I had VoiceDial, but it was close to the first release and I never upgraded it. It had way too much footprint for the 650 for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnH59 View Post
    I had VoiceDial, but it was close to the first release and I never upgraded it. It had way too much footprint for the 650 for me.
    True. It does take up a lot, but so does my Movie database, Videohound and the Rex add on, about 9 mb!!!

BTW I went back to the older version of voicedial and my 650 has returned to normal.
    Does anyone know if there is a way to get Voice Dial to go through the earpiece instead of the speaker? I like the whole concept but don't like the fact that everyone around me can hear "her" repeat what I'm trying to do.
    Not that I'm aware of.
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by French View Post
    Does anyone know if there is a way to get Voice Dial to go through the earpiece instead of the speaker? I like the whole concept but don't like the fact that everyone around me can hear "her" repeat what I'm trying to do.
    A solution to that would be to turn down the volume of the response in Voice Dial (or turn the response off).
    That can be done in the Voice Dial settings by choosing Sound and then Names Volume.

You can also turn off the name responses entirely by choosing Sound and then Names.
    --Nelson
    425 Posts
    Global Posts
    426 Global Posts
    It seems that a new version is out. TrackerDog claims that 2.0.28.1 is the new version. At http://software.palm.com/ it says that the program was updated on 12.04.07. But when I try to download it, I still get 2.0.16. Also I can't find any changelog.

Dave
    Last edited by carrel; 12/20/2007 at 11:20 AM.