1. boe
    Global Posts
    146 Global Posts
    Hello,

I'm now more familar with the WM phones. Someone I know just bought a 755p and the sales rep said it included voice dialing. I don't see an app for that on the phone. Does it have one or do you need to buy a seperate package for that?

Also any way to initiate it through the BT headset?

Thanks
    You can download a free trial from Palm's website. I don't use it. But as far as I know you can't initiate it through the BT headset. Main reason why I don't use it. Maybe someone can provide better input.

http://www.palm.com/us/support/downl...cedialing.html
    Me = Nokia 5170/Palm III > Kyocera 6035 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 755p > Treo Pro > Palm Pre

Wife = Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 755p > Palm Centro > Palm Pixi
    Have always used voicedial. Can be configured to be launched by press and hold of the side button below the volume buttons. Very easy when driving. Just press and hold and ask for name or number.
    Try it out.
    I was just looking at the web site and it's $6 a month. An extra $72 per year just for this? It sounds like a great program but why should they charge extra for those of us that would only use the dial part of it?
    Kyocera 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 > Treo 650. All Verizon. Sprint Treo 755p, HTC Mogul & Centro
    Unlocked Treo 680 for trips outside Sprint's areas
    One is a monthly service. Treo Voice Dialing is a one time cost.

Looks like they added some functions like lookup and sms to Treo voice.

My code won't work on the 755p. I put in a email to get a new one. I had to do this on my 650 when I had to get a refurshed 650 from Sprint.
    Looking for a way to earn additional income? One that allows you to not only market services people use everyday, but the services of the future too? This opportunity provides outstanding earning potential with ongoing training and support. You are in business for yourself but never by yourself. Stop imagining and start living.

Independent Representative
    Carl Brooks
    carl@techloyal.com
    http://www.techloyal.com
    Global Posts
    710 Global Posts
    I bought VoiceDial with my 650.

Can I put it on the 755 without buying it again?

Or is there some other program that you are discussing?

My 755 is coming this week.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dim-Ize View Post
    I bought VoiceDial with my 650.

Can I put it on the 755 without buying it again?

Or is there some other program that you are discussing?

My 755 is coming this week.
    Yes, you can move it over. Might need a new key for your 755 as seems to be the case with poster #5. The 'other program' is Nuance's Mobile Voice Command.
    PIII,PIIIx,V,Vx,M505,M515,TT,T3,650,700p=>>iPhone
    There's more to life than technology....but not a whole lot more
    Quote Originally Posted by godschoice View Post
    One is a monthly service. Treo Voice Dialing is a one time cost.

Looks like they added some functions like lookup and sms to Treo voice.
    Now I never heard of this program for the Treo but just downloaded the trial and if it works like the two tests that I just did I'm going to buy it for sure. I had a voice dial on my Kyocera 7135 and it was pretty bad and the number keys were easy to use on the phone so I never used voice dial. On the Treo the keys are so small I always worry about dialing and driving so this should help a lot.
    Kyocera 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 > Treo 650. All Verizon. Sprint Treo 755p, HTC Mogul & Centro
    Unlocked Treo 680 for trips outside Sprint's areas
    I'm really liking Nuance's Voice Control, but I'm not sure about the $6 per month subscription. For me,it seems to be a little more accurate than VoiceDial. But, it is also slower than VoiceDial. I like the ability to fill in the email information i.e. subject and body, check movies, check weather, etc. I think the voice dialing should be faster since it is using my internall address book. Voice Control uses considerably less storage space, a little over 100k vs. 1500k for VoiceDial.
    Treo Voice Dialing is probably bigger because it handles everything locally as the other only send and receives from the remote server.
    Looking for a way to earn additional income? One that allows you to not only market services people use everyday, but the services of the future too? This opportunity provides outstanding earning potential with ongoing training and support. You are in business for yourself but never by yourself. Stop imagining and start living.

Independent Representative
    Carl Brooks
    carl@techloyal.com
    http://www.techloyal.com