Global Posts
    235 Global Posts
    Hey guys, for the past few days I have been getting my .mac/gmail accounts on versamail but when I go to check my messages it says "message truncated" and I do not get the whole message. Happens a lot and does get annoying. Anyone have an idea why this is happening??

I have the same problem - even with a 500K download limit. I haven't done exhaustive testing, but it doesn't seem to happen with plain text mail - just html. Even then, I think it depends on the mail tool used (it happens to some, but not all, of my gmail).

Best I can tell, it's a VersaMail html parsing issue. You can always separately download the rest of the email, but if it's too annoying, you might switch to SnapperMail or another Treo email app.
    Palm Pilot-->Handspring Visor-->Treo 300-->Treo 600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700p+E62-->Treo700p+Curve (8300)-->Curve (8330)
    I have the exact same issue on mine. Set the limit at whatever and it still truncates some. Maybe the truncated ones have attachments and it stops at a short predetermined size and waits for intervention? I need to watch a bit more closely.
    Patrick Horne
    Global Posts
    235 Global Posts
    so no ideas why?

I looked at the html of a couple of my truncated emails but can't see the pattern yet. Plan to collect the few I get over the next few days to see if a pattern forms. Will report back likely this weekend.
    Palm Pilot-->Handspring Visor-->Treo 300-->Treo 600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700p+E62-->Treo700p+Curve (8300)-->Curve (8330)
    Are you using POP3? If you view the files with another email client, like a laptop that's left on with auto checking, then the pop server thinks you've downloaded the file already. You won't get the rest. This happens in chatter and snapper as well. If you use the java Gmail app or the website you can see the rest. Not sure about .Mac, I thought that was IMAP.
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Preference guide for MetaView's UberCalendar patch
    Yup, I'm using pop3 but I don't have any other email app constantly downloading new mail. In fact, for testing purposes I've avoided using any other web or pop3 email client other than VersaMail just to rule out things like you mentioned. The odd thing is that the emails are getting truncated in seemingly random places - definitely not size-limited.
    Quote Originally Posted by map1978 View Post
    so no ideas why?
    Unfortunately, no - I can't find a pattern. It doesn't appear to be choking on any particular html construct, so it's really hard to figure out. I'm beginning to think it's simply another bug in VM.

I've collected 15 different emails (maybe 5% of my total for the week for this account) which came from 6 different sources. In each case, the message was truncated at a seemingly random point. I could always download the rest of the email, so it wasn't that VersaMail couldn't parse or display the entire message.
    This issue has been with us ever since the first email capable Treo.

For POP, I get 'message truncated', and can go back and download it if I care to. For IMAP, it just sort of peters out. Message truncates without a download option.