Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Since all apps are not compatible with the 755p, most of us have had to do without some of our apps.

What are the "Must Have" applications you have on your 680?

My must have 755p apps are:

1. Fieldplus
    2. Shortcut5
    3. CutPaste5
    4. Resco Explorer
    5. Resco Backup
    6. TV Browser (Use http://mobile.avvenu.com/ to update OTA from PC)
    7. Resco Neeews
    8. Mundu IM
    9. Launch Anywhere
    10. DialByPhoto
    11. Weather
    12. Chatter mail
    13. YAHM
    14. Lexspell
    15. Splash ID
    16. LinkStart
    17. KeyCaps600
    18. LauncherX/Zlauncher (still undecided on one)
    Last edited by godschoice; 06/10/2007 at 03:37 AM. Reason: Meant DialByPhoto not Dial By Phone
    Looking for a way to earn additional income? One that allows you to not only market services people use everyday, but the services of the future too? This opportunity provides outstanding earning potential with ongoing training and support. You are in business for yourself but never by yourself. Stop imagining and start living.

Independent Representative
    Carl Brooks
    carl@techloyal.com
    http://www.techloyal.com
    Darn, I don't have any of those. My must haves are:

PdaNet
    Directory Assistance
    Speed Dial
    Call Record
    Mortgage
    NV Backup
    Flight Status
    Palm VNC and most the ones that come loaded on the 755p
    and who could do without Taxi Taxi ?
    Last edited by RickMG; 06/10/2007 at 10:50 AM.
    Kyocera 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 > Treo 650. All Verizon. Sprint Treo 755p, HTC Mogul & Centro
    Unlocked Treo 680 for trips outside Sprint's areas
    KeyCap 600
    Directory Assistance
    NV Backup
    Flight Status
    Filez
    LauncherX
    Snappermail
    Butler
    Last edited by kschoenberg; 06/10/2007 at 04:05 PM.
    Bike or Die
    Treo Select Text
    Butler (for VersaMail notifications if nothing else!)
    Java Run time (for Gmail app and Opera Mini)
    MiniTones (moves wav / arm ringtones to system memory)
    Microquad
    TCPMP

That is it for now. But Treo Select Text is a killer app for me. I hate highlighting iwth my stylus.
    Iím a lucky man to count on both hands
    The ones I love..

Visor Pro -> Visor Edge -> Treo 180 -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> T|T2+SE T68i -> Treo 600 -> T-Mobile MDA -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Treo 755p -> PALM PRE -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Palm Pre 3

Twittering about
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    Telenav
    TomTom
    Google Maps
    Kinoma
    pTunes
    Verichat
    Quickipedia
    MobiTV

As you can tell I use my Palm mainly for entertainment
    Does dial by photo lag the crap out of the device and make it unusable like it did on the 700p?
    My top 6 must haves
    PTunes Deluxe
    Kinoma 4
    TCPMP
    Verichat
    Garmin Mobile XT
    PalmVNC

and to modernize the aging Palm O/S
    Treo Launcher
    Skin UI
    Treomemo
    DialByPhoto
  8.    #8  
    For those who don't know Fieldplus does the "select without stylus" thing that Treo Select Text does.

Dial By Photo does not lag. On the 650 it took too many seconds to start up. On the 755p, it starts instantly.

I did not mention the 2 free apps from arslexis.com: Noah Pro (dictionary) and Thesaurus.

I use my for games too, but I have too many to mention, but some that get most play are:
    Blillards
    Ultimate Bowling Fighter
    Warfare Incorporated
    My Little Tank
    Cake Mania
    Summing
    Monoply
    Skyforce and Skyforce Reloaded
    SFCave
    Darts Deluxe

Once Sprint fix their site, I can start playing Galaga, Ms Pacman and Super Pacman.

Anyone that has the old B&W hearts card game, please email me.
    Looking for a way to earn additional income? One that allows you to not only market services people use everyday, but the services of the future too? This opportunity provides outstanding earning potential with ongoing training and support. You are in business for yourself but never by yourself. Stop imagining and start living.

Carl Brooks
    carl@techloyal.com
    I just tried Treo Launcher, but could not make this the default home launcher, even despite checking the box that says to do so. Same problem with LauncherX for me. Is there any launcher app that will actually work with the 755p to be able to set as default home launcher??
    Casey
    Sprint 755p, 700p, 650 - I am not a geek! Really!
    there's a updated version (1.5) of Treo Launcher the works with 755
    HTC Touch Pro
  11.    #11  
    Zlauncher works without a problem.

Carl Brooks
    carl@techloyal.com
    Global Posts
    761 Global Posts
    i think it should be a requirement to post where you got the apps from too!

keep it going though, good post. should be a sticky
    blake!

Sprint Centro
    Quote Originally Posted by wbkm85 View Post
    i think it should be a requirement to post where you got the apps from too!

keep it going though, good post. should be a sticky
    And possibly a little description of what it does for ya'!
    I tried dial by photo and when inside the application it was quick but changing between phone and home or calendar or SMS screens it reminded me of the lag the 700p's had. More power to you if you can use it, for me it woudlnt work since I need to be able to change very quickly between the phone and calendar and SMS.
    Global Posts
    188 Global Posts
    This is a Great Post. I have had my 755 for two weeks and love it. Before that I had the 700p, and the 650 all sprint. Here is my Question if we broke down the Apps in categories, what would be the apps you would want?

PIM:
    Datebook 6
    2Day
    Listpro

Email:
    Chatter

Utilites:
    FileZ
    Uninstall manger
    Cleanup
    Backup Buddy or Backup man

Phone:
    Lightwave or Call Filter

Multi-Media:
    Pocket tunes Deluxe
    TCPMP

Productivity Programs:
    Directory Assistant
    Butler
    Keycaps600
    Flight status

Misc:
    eReader
    Splash ID
    Splash Money
    Splash Photo

Launcher:
    Treo Launcher or Launcher X are the ones I am going to try soon!

Please note: I have used Zlauncher in the past (but not last 6 months with 700p), I used it for a year and have it mastered well, but it is just to bloated for my needs, I want a launcher that is simple elegant and very intuitive (simple but powerful), this is what made me switch to Palm from WM in the first place. Zlauncher for my Treo in the end was to much for my tastes, just IMO, still a very good product do not get me wrong! Any recommendations for a Launcher?
    Global Posts
    188 Global Posts
    To follow up relating only to the 755p would other experienced Treo users fill in what Apps they would use in certain categories? Example I use Backup Man, most everyone has posted Resco Backup, is it better in that category for the 755? Is Resco Explore better than FileZ? Basically the question is for the Treo 755p what are the best programs in their respected categories: Launcher, PIM, Phone, Utilities, Productivity, Etc.?
    Quote Originally Posted by Casey Cheung View Post
    I just tried Treo Launcher, but could not make this the default home launcher, even despite checking the box that says to do so. Same problem with LauncherX for me. Is there any launcher app that will actually work with the 755p to be able to set as default home launcher??
    As a workaround, I assigned Treo Launcher to Option->Button 2. A little more tedious than a single press of the Applications button, but it works.
    My only "must have" is Mobipocket to read my ebooks. Anything else I have is because it's amusing (PalmRevolt), works a bit better than included software (Chatter), or gives me additional functions (ListPro).

Here I repeat the standard advice for new Treo users: use what Palm (and Sprint) gave you for a month before you buy anything. Your needs are not the same as other users on TreoCentral, and you can't know what you need until you learn to use what's provided.

Tom
    Datebook6 is a must have calendar program.
    Butler is excellent for getting your programs in one tap and controlling the LED.
    ShowOff is fun for chaging the theme when your ringer is on silent.
    RescoBackup saved my rear on my Treo 600. The 755 has lost my calendar twice in 24 hours. I need a card!
    SplashID has all my web passwords.
    Isilo reading program with desktop Isilo clpper for collecting "stuff" to read later.
    ...and
    Directory Assistant (google DA and Rick Whitt) still the best for finding phone numbers, addresses and directions and its FREE.
    Phone Technition: with Butler and show off from Hobbyistsoftware.com. i'm trying this. Has a sound booster. All his software is free trial.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast