Directory Assistance
    Speed Dial
    Call Record
    Mortgage
    NV Backup
    Flight Status
    Palm VNC and most the ones that come loaded on the 755p
    and who could do without Taxi Taxi ?
    Is Flight Status working again? Last I heard/read, the data site he used was no longer available and he was searching for a new place to get flight data. I haven't checked in quite some time though...

[added at 9:55 a.m. CST]
    OK... I just went out and saw that he updated it to a new flight data provider... Sweet...
    Last edited by rpiatt; 06/11/2007 at 09:55 AM.
    Other than the games, I view all my third-party applications as "must have". If not, I would not install them. Applications in italics are free. I did not include applications that came with the phone such as PocketTunes or Docs to Go:

- 1st Aid (Useful first aid tips when you have 2 boys.)
    - 2day (Nice today screen.)
    - 4cast (Great weather application. Can be used as a plug-in with 2day.)
    - 4iar Deluxe (Connect 4 game.)
    - Agendus (Calendar, contacts, etc.)
    - Audio Gateway (A must to use my Motorola S9 bluetooth headphones.)
    - AutoSlate (To keep track of car maintenance and mileage.)
    - AvantGo (Gives me easy access to many newspapers.)
    - Blocks (Tetris clone.)
    - BlueSync (Automatically backs up the SD card.)
    - Britannica (Encyclopedia.)
    - CallBlock (Block all those unwanted calls.)
    - CardReader (No need to carry an SD card reader around.)
    - CetusGPS (Collect location information. Nice if you are creating POIs.)
    - CityID (Displays location of call.)
    - Cleanup (Cleans leftover files.)
    - ClipPRO (Copy and paste utility.)
    - Converter (Nice utility to convert various measures.)
    - DoInventory (Nice inventory database program.)
    - DopeWars (Game.)
    - FieldPlus (Text select tool.)
    - FontSmoother (Add different fonts to your PDA.)
    - GrxView (Graphics viewer.)
    - HandyShopper (Shopping list database.)
    - Holidays (List of US holidays.)
    - IBM Java (Required for some programs.)
    - IconManager (Allows me to install neat icons for HandyShopper.)
    - MemInfo (DBCache flusher.)
    - MetrO (List of metro systems worldwide.)
    - MyInstall (Install applications from the memory card.)
    - Opera Mini (Nice web browser).
    - TomTom Navigator (GPS software.)
    - Par72 Golf (Golf game with nice graphics.)
    - PocketCodes (Database of area codes.)
    - PdaNet (Surf the web on your laptop using your Treo as a modem.)
    - PocketDictionary (Great translator.)
    - PocketLingo (American Heritage College Dictionary and Roget's II Thesaurus.)
    - Project@Hand (MS Project for your Treo.)
    - Resco Explorer (File manager. Includes backup and FTP tools.)
    - SeaWar (Battleship clone.)
    - SharkLinks (Nice application that allows the creation of icons instead of creating bookmarks on web browser.)
    - SkyForce (Great game from the arcade days.)
    - Snappermail (Email program.)
    - STOIC (Allows Treo to stay on while on the cradle.)
    - TCPMP (Movie player.)
    - TealLock (Security application.)
    - TrackerDog (Keeps track of application versions.)
    - TrafficEdge (Access to traffic cameras.)
    - TrafficStat (Data meter.)
    - Uninstall Manager (The first application that should be installed.)
    - VolumeCare (Increase the volume of your Treo.)
    - ZLauncher (Launcher and applications manager.)

Applications that my wife uses and I don't:

- LudusP (Allows to change functions on hard keys. We use it to make TreoLauncher the default launcher.)
    - PowerRun (Applications manager.)
    - TreoLauncher (Very nice and simple launcher.)

Currently testing:

- VoiceDial
    Last edited by cash70; 06/18/2007 at 01:11 PM.
    Me = Nokia 5170/Palm III > Kyocera 6035 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 755p > Treo Pro > Palm Pre

Wife = Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 755p > Palm Centro > Palm Pixi
    Quote Originally Posted by Casey Cheung View Post
    I just tried Treo Launcher, but could not make this the default home launcher, even despite checking the box that says to do so. Same problem with LauncherX for me. Is there any launcher app that will actually work with the 755p to be able to set as default home launcher??
    I use LudusP on my wife's 755p to take care of that problem with TreoLauncher. It might work with LauncherX.
    Me = Nokia 5170/Palm III > Kyocera 6035 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 755p > Treo Pro > Palm Pre

Quote Originally Posted by cash70 View Post
    Other than the games, I view all my third-party applications as "must have". If not, I would not install them. Applications in italics are free. I did not include applications that came with the phone such as PocketTunes or Docs to Go:

(ginormous list of apps trimmed)
    Gadzooks! Do you have any memory left on the device at all?!

Here, friends, is my polar opposite in philosophy. :-)

Tom
    Quote Originally Posted by VetPsychWars View Post
    Gadzooks! Do you have any memory left on the device at all?!

Here, friends, is my polar opposite in philosophy. :-)

Tom
    That is what I love about the 755p. I have 32MB left on RAM and 996MB left on my 4GB SD card.

6.    #26  
    Applications installed on Treo 755p
    06/17/07

COMMERCIAL APPS

Games
    -------
    Cake Mania
    Bejeweled2
    Billiards
    Classics
    Darts Deluxe
    Galaga
    Hold'em
    KidsMath
    Marbles2
    My Little Tank
    Monopoly
    OpenChess
    Sea War
    SFCave
    SkyForce Reloaded
    SkyForce
    Solitaire
    SpellChamp
    Super PAC-MAN
    Traffic
    Ultimate Bowling Fighter
    Warfare Incorporated

Multimedia/Connected Apps
    -----------------------------
    Chatter Email
    Kinoma EX 4
    Mundu IM
    Pocket Tunes Deluxe 4
    Resco Neeews
    SplashTravel Pro
    TreoMsgr

Productivity
    -------------
    Butler
    DialByPhoto
    Launch-Anywhere
    LinkStart Pro
    PdaReach
    Resco Backup
    Resco Explorer
    Treo Voice Dialing
    VolumeCare
    Weather
    Widefind
    ZLauncher

Reference
    ----------
    CryptInfo
    DragonEdit
    eBible4Palm/BibleToolbox
    LexSpell
    ScreenShot5
    SplashID
    SplashPhoto
    TV Browser

FREEWARE

Games
    -------
    Summing (Freeware)
    Target (Freeware)
    Yahdice (Freeware)

Multimedia/Connected Apps
    -----------------------------
    ShoutCard (Freeware)
    SplashBlog (Freeware)

Productivity
    -------------
    CutPaste5 (Freeware)
    DA (Freeware)
    FieldPlus (Freeware)
    KeyCaps600 (Freeware)
    PSHack (Freeware)
    ShortCut5 (Freeware)
    YAHM - Yet Another Hack Manager (Freeware)

Reference
    ----------
    Noah Pro (Freeware)
    PocketDoan (Freeware)
    TCPMP (Freeware)
    Thesaurus (Freeware)
    Looking for a way to earn additional income? One that allows you to not only market services people use everyday, but the services of the future too? This opportunity provides outstanding earning potential with ongoing training and support. You are in business for yourself but never by yourself. Stop imagining and start living.

Independent Representative
    Carl Brooks
    carl@techloyal.com
    http://www.techloyal.com
  7.    #27  
    I justed added Little John Palm (LJP) to my list.
    Looking for a way to earn additional income? One that allows you to not only market services people use everyday, but the services of the future too? This opportunity provides outstanding earning potential with ongoing training and support. You are in business for yourself but never by yourself. Stop imagining and start living.

Carl Brooks
    carl@techloyal.com
    Instead of buying lots of 3rd party apps I'm concentrating on learning to tweak the preinstalled apps to make them work for my needs. Reading the regular palm books gave me some ideas.

I did purchase the following 3rd party apps to help me tweak the preinstalled apps:

Treo Select Text (dial from calendar)
    Shortcut5 (custom macro date/time stamp to turn memo into a journal)
    Fontsmoother (allows tiny font in Blazer)

I purchased the full version of:

Documents to Go
    Kinoma

I also have:

PdaNet (allows my Asus Eee to hook up to the web anywhere)
    PdaReach (I can see my Treo screen, enlarged, on my Asus Eee and type)
    Splash Money (A few more excel classes and I think I will no longer need this)
    Mobipocket (I have access to a large city library's e-book collection)

I have tried out all sorta of 3rd party apps and am not impressed for long. They are slow, malfunction, have long learning curves, harder to backup info, etc) Some people label power users by the # of 3rd party apps. I label power users as people who know how to use what they have to it's fullest potential.

I use my Treo (and now also my new beloved Asus Eee) to help me manage severe short term memory loss. Yes, I occasionally play on my machines, but I need them to function as perfectly as possible. Loading down my machines with lots of junk is kind of like a blind person spending lots of time teaching his seeing eye dog to play frisbee and to climb ladders. Not a good idea.
    I've never heard of a lot of these programs... a little explaination of how they make your life easier would be nice...
    Quote Originally Posted by mrdavis55 View Post
    I've never heard of a lot of these programs... a little explaination of how they make your life easier would be nice...
    I don't think they all make life easier. I think some or a mojority depending on the person make life less dull. I honestly think the Treo is a Hobbie, because a business man who has too much time on his hands can get by with a blackberry with lacking 3rd party support as apposed to a Treo nerd who plays Sudoku and streams podcasts.
    at&t iPhone3G
  11. ~Q~
    Global Posts
    370 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by godschoice View Post
    Applications installed on Treo 755p
    06/17/07

COMMERCIAL APPS
    You must have more invested in Palm apps than most people have invested in PC apps.

Wow, is all I say.
    Criterion 300>CMT>Huskey Hunter>Handspring Visor>Juniper Allegro>Palm Tungsten>TDS Recon>Treo 650>Treo 700P>Treo 755P>Blackberry Pearl

The Truth About MonaVie:
    http://monavieoregon.wordpress.com/
    Quote Originally Posted by wildcatter View Post
    Instead of buying lots of 3rd party apps I'm concentrating on learning to tweak the preinstalled apps to make them work for my needs. Reading the regular palm books gave me some ideas.

I did purchase the following 3rd party apps to help me tweak the preinstalled apps:

Treo Select Text (dial from calendar)
    Shortcut5 (custom macro date/time stamp to turn memo into a journal)
    Fontsmoother (allows tiny font in Blazer)

I purchased the full version of:

Documents to Go
    Kinoma

I also have:

PdaNet (allows my Asus Eee to hook up to the web anywhere)
    PdaReach (I can see my Treo screen, enlarged, on my Asus Eee and type)
    Splash Money (A few more excel classes and I think I will no longer need this)
    Mobipocket (I have access to a large city library's e-book collection)

I have tried out all sorta of 3rd party apps and am not impressed for long. They are slow, malfunction, have long learning curves, harder to backup info, etc) Some people label power users by the # of 3rd party apps. I label power users as people who know how to use what they have to it's fullest potential.

I use my Treo (and now also my new beloved Asus Eee) to help me manage severe short term memory loss. Yes, I occasionally play on my machines, but I need them to function as perfectly as possible. Loading down my machines with lots of junk is kind of like a blind person spending lots of time teaching his seeing eye dog to play frisbee and to climb ladders. Not a good idea.
    I admit I have 22 3rd party apps but I couldn't agree with you more.
    at&t iPhone3G
    Quote Originally Posted by KStewart View Post
    I don't think they all make life easier. I think some or a mojority depending on the person make life less dull. I honestly think the Treo is a Hobbie, because a business man who has too much time on his hands can get by with a blackberry with lacking 3rd party support as apposed to a Treo nerd who plays Sudoku and streams podcasts.
    yeah right... palms are for people who aren't suckers... name somthing a BB can do that my palm can't... for 40 bucks a month... you gotta be kidding...

when they told me how much more a BB cost i started laughing... and everytime i see someone with a bb i laugh at them... SUCKERS!!!!
    SplashID for safely storing passwords and weblogin details
    Pocket Tunes 4 with internet radio
    softkick audio gateway for stereo bluetooth
    Wine Enthusiast from Landware
    Power One Graph, scientific/graphing calculator
    TCPMP for watching videos
    Documents to Go for powerpoint, word, excel work
    Dominoes from RealDice
    Card Reader
    Opera Mini (with Java virtual machine installed)
    Audible for reading books
    Mocha Telnet for ssh logging into linux machines
    FileZ
    Easy I Ching (everyone needs an Oracle)
  15.    #35  
    I dropped Dialbyphoto from the list and replaced it with TakePhone. Functions replaced photos. Also Weather was replaced my the free app, kmeteo. Kinoma makes it as a honorable mention for its streaming radio and Youtube viewing (although neither are implemented flawlessly). I finally settled on Zlauncher because LauncherX wouldn't stick to the home key (I could assign it with Butler, but then I would lose the ability to hold down home for the recent apps list). If Bulter is not on my prior list, I add it now. It is an app that I easily take for granted after resisting it for so long.

Carl Brooks
    carl@techloyal.com
    I like to read through these lists because they spark me to look into some of the apps people list. When I switched to a Treo from my long tradtional Palm PDA lineage lists like this were helpful. So, in that vein, here's my list:

Apps/Utilites
    LauncherX - used it back since the LncherIII days, starting to show some age and lack of new skins. Latest version works good with current Treos/Centro, just need to update.
    Agendus - been using this used this back to the NEWTON days.
    MPG - to track car MPG from Catamount Software another old school Newton developer - also of note is their PocketMoney program which I used to use religiously but not so much anymore. There are other, fancier money and car tracker programs, but these are elegant in their simplicity.
    4Cast - To download the daily weather everyday
    Sunrise / Plucker - To download RSS and off-line web pages from PC to read later. Other RSS readers just don't do full articles as well as this combination and Blazer it just too slow for the job most of the time. Plus, this is better for battery life when reading daily news in bed at night.
    LoanPro - Gotta know how much I'll actually be paying amortized out before buying that car/house...
    KeyGEx - better keylock for Treo
    NVBackup - have tried several other palm backup programs, this is simply the best ever made, period.
    Filez - or really any other file manager (McFile, etc) but Filez is free.
    MiniTones - Gotta be able to have custom ringtones on the treo

Utilities to make the Treo look nice:
    Colorize - better color themes for stock OS
    FontSmoother - with WindowsMCE font Seoge
    Skinner - created a midnight blue skin for my 755 and a burgundy one for my wife's 755.

Games
    BikeOrDie - liked it better on the TX, but still a keeper
    Cribbage 3.0 - Freeware but not updated in a long time. Shows up as B&W on treo unless you force 8bit graphics on the program using Colorize or something.
    Escape - simple game but hard to put down

and lastly:
    PalmInternals - To find out which of these programs above are slowing the Palm down...

and then many others that get occasional use but really I could live without. Not many "TREO" specific utilities as I have found myself just using the built in Phone functions and being happy with them so far. For example, the various Profile software (like Profiles or ProfileCare), while a great addition to the Treo are all waaay to much of a resource hog.
    Last edited by bsquarewi; 11/26/2007 at 08:51 AM.
    that sounds good about the"must have apps" but how do I remove some apps to make room? I am not familiar with this palm OS.
    Quote Originally Posted by mrdavis55 View Post
    yeah right... palms are for people who aren't suckers... name somthing a BB can do that my palm can't... for 40 bucks a month... you gotta be kidding...

when they told me how much more a BB cost i started laughing... and everytime i see someone with a bb i laugh at them... SUCKERS!!!!
    I am not saying the BB is any better.
    at&t iPhone3G
  19.    #39  
    Quote Originally Posted by bdwubet View Post
    that sounds good about the"must have apps" but how do I remove some apps to make room? I am not familiar with this palm OS.
    Within the default launcher (home button), press the menu-D button combo or tap top-left corner with stylus or finger. The displayed list contains all the apps loaded in the RAM. Delete what you don't need. I recommend backup to mini-SD or Hotsync with desktop before deleting anything.

Carl Brooks
    carl@techloyal.com
    Thanks so much that worked. I appreciate the help.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast