Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    hi all
    i bought the upgrade to kinoma (v.4) and I notice it does not stream youtube videos smoothly (it stops every other second). when I had the navy 755, I did not experience choppy video in kinoma. however, with this burgundy 755, all videos are choppy and pause all the time. maybe a streaming setting is different. can anyone help me please?
  2.    #2  
    bump. anyone?
    for those who aren't experiencing streaming issues, could you please share your streaming preferences?

mine is set to:
    stream RTSP using UDP
    RTSP Port: 554

i've tried setting to the other settings (TCP, default, 7070) and nothing seems to help.
    Last edited by michelle; 06/09/2007 at 07:26 PM.
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    The burgundy 755p is notorious for poor streaming. See if you can exchange it for a blue one.

Global Posts
    148 Global Posts
    The blue 755 comes with a better set of ocellation coils.
    Obscura
  5.    #5  
    are you guys serious!
    Global Posts
    367 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by michelle View Post
    are you guys serious!
    No, they aren't! Do you do any push email in the background while streaming? That causes stutters for me in Kinoma.. I had to take my email program offline.
    OK - that's it. I'm going to exchange my Burgundy for Blue!

Damn anti-red conspiracy!
  8.    #8  
    no I don't have any push email
  9.    #9  
    bump. anyone? come on guys! does anyone have kinoma 4 who can help me?
    I had this happen to me yesturday. It goes from play to pause and play to pause.
    but i have a 700p with MR
  12.    #12  
    ^ that is exactly what's happening. play/pause every second!
    i just wrote kinoma about this issue.

will others that have this issue please write them as well? support@kinoma.com
    diane
  14.    #14  
    guys this is driving me nuts. kinoma won't help at all! they tested the stream on a blue 755 and obviously it streamed just fine. i asked them to test on a burgundy but they don't have one they said to bring it to palm because my unit is defective. grrrr!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Carterism View Post
    i just wrote kinoma about this issue. will others that have this issue please write them as well? support@kinoma.com
    For anyone who's having problems, by all means contact our support team. We want to help, and multiple reports can be useful. Please make sure to include as much information as you possibly can so that we have a better chance of reproducing any problems.

Quote Originally Posted by michelle View Post
    kinoma won't help at all!
    I looked up your issue and talked to our support folks, and it's clear we spent a lot of time trying to determine whether it was something we could help with. In your case, we're pretty sure that Kinoma Player's working properly.

What you may not know is that the support team even contacted Palm and Sprint, who both confirmed that color doesn't make a difference. They also both recommended that you return your phone if you feel that it's defective.

BTW, I tried the YouTube movie you were having problems with, and I couldn't get it to work smoothly for me either. (I'm on Sprint too, and I know my 700p is working fine.) Unfortunately that movie is optimized for PC viewing, and so is on the very edge of what's possible on today's mobile networks.

-- Charles Wiltgen
    I just upgraded to Kinoma ver 4.2...I am having serious issues watching files that are saved to my mini SD card (Kingston 2G). They run extremely slow, and a few of them just freeze on the first screen. While I am playing these files the player becomes almost completely unresponsive. Any ideas? I was considering reinstalling the application, but I am worrying about problems with the install key etc...
    This is crazy, I had the blue and I never had problem streaming video, now with the burgundy one it buffers every sentence and I get a 408 error on both mobile youtube sites.

I will try deleting the app completely and reinstalling it. There is diffently a problem with the app on the burgundy one, but are the problem only with us that upgraded from a blue and thus restored an image that has files that cause the issue? Are anyone having this issue on a burgundy 755p that never had a blue or started from scratch (not restoring from backup)?
    Looking for a way to earn additional income? One that allows you to not only market services people use everyday, but the services of the future too? This opportunity provides outstanding earning potential with ongoing training and support. You are in business for yourself but never by yourself. Stop imagining and start living.

Independent Representative
    Carl Brooks
    carl@techloyal.com
    http://www.techloyal.com
    I had Kinona player on my 680 which worked great. If they would only port it to WM5/6 I could use it on my Treo 750...
    I played a Youtube video called 2 sick 2 Bar B Q. It plays ok picking it from the guide. It plays OK using the URL pull down with Kinom EX 4.2. But if I try to play it from m.youtube.com I get a 408 -Request Timeout error about 11 seconds into the clip. This happens every time. It buffers to 100% then starts the clip, loading bar grows between the plus (+) and the minus (-) and then errors out.
    Looking for a way to earn additional income? One that allows you to not only market services people use everyday, but the services of the future too? This opportunity provides outstanding earning potential with ongoing training and support. You are in business for yourself but never by yourself. Stop imagining and start living.

Independent Representative
    Carl Brooks
    carl@techloyal.com
    http://www.techloyal.com
  20.    #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by godschoice View Post
    This is crazy, I had the blue and I never had problem streaming video, now with the burgundy one it buffers every sentence and I get a 408 error on both mobile youtube sites.
    see, that is EXACTLY WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT. the blue one i had did not have any streaming issues whatsoever. the burgundy one just does not want to stream kinoma video damnit. i mean, i used to think it was just me but now that i know a few others have the same issue here, it's making me reconsider...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast