1.    #1  
    I've recently replaced the housing for my Treo 680. But, I had a hard time figuring out how to remove the dust specs that is caught between the LCD and Touch screen LCD.

Has anyone done this before and provide any tips or directions to help me pls?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by E2EK1EL View Post
    I've recently replaced the housing for my Treo 680. But, I had a hard time figuring out how to remove the dust specs that is caught between the LCD and Touch screen LCD.

Has anyone done this before and provide any tips or directions to help me pls?

Thanks

only thing i can think of do it in a dust free environment?
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by 2004ep3hatch View Post
    only thing i can think of do it in a dust free environment?
    I know that

Does anyone know how to sperate the touch screen from the LCD screen?

Found this ... the treo's touch screen is like this

http://www.coolsmartphone.com/article133.html

http://www.coolsmartphone.com/stock-...isp%20open.jpg

http://www.coolsmartphone.com/stock-...%20closeup.jpg
    Last edited by E2EK1EL; 06/12/2007 at 01:46 PM.
    If you try to separate the touch screen from the LCD, you are running a risk of cracking the touchscreen
  5.    #5  
    I give up, can't find away to open it up.
    Since you had your unit opened, do you have any idea how the dust is getting under there?

I had a dust issue with my first Treo where small particles accumlated on the screen, mostly in the middle of it from top to bottom. This unit was returned under warranty, and received a new refurb 680. I am now starting to see the same dust patterns as I did the first.
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    Easiest way to prevent dust from contaminating the item is to run the shower on hot for several minutes with the door closed. The steam/moisture in the air will keep the dust from flying around. I use it whenever I replace my screen protector.
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    Easiest way to prevent dust from contaminating the item is to run the shower on hot for several minutes with the door closed. The steam/moisture in the air will keep the dust from flying around. I use it whenever I replace my screen protector.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by NSXNEXT View Post
    This is between the LCD and touch screen, inside the unit .... not on the top of the reg screen where you place screen protectors.
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by DurtyD View Post
    Since you had your unit opened, do you have any idea how the dust is getting under there?

I had a dust issue with my first Treo where small particles accumlated on the screen, mostly in the middle of it from top to bottom. This unit was returned under warranty, and received a new refurb 680. I am now starting to see the same dust patterns as I did the first.

That i have no clue .... But that's where I'm getting my dust specs also ... it's driving me mad.
    Last edited by E2EK1EL; 06/12/2007 at 02:06 PM.