Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    One thing I tried, and I won't know how well this works until tomorrow...is making/cutting my own pieces to cover the center of the ear piece, the sides of the screen, and the center of the D-pad. I had already installed a screen protector I had left over from the pack of 3 I bought for my 650. SO, I sacrified the big square for the screen that came with the skin guard to cut these extra pieces with...again I'll know tomorrow how well it works. The pieces on the side of the screen may not stick since that area is not flat.

But wow...do they make my burgandy 755p REALLY shiny!
  2.    #42  
    Any updates from you people who installed the shieldzone? Pictures? I just ordered mine.
    Quote Originally Posted by bvd1147 View Post
    Any updates from you people who installed the shieldzone? Pictures? I just ordered mine.
    I *JUST* took pictures and will be posting them in a few minutes...

BTW how do you embed a picture into a post? I've only ever seen the "attach" option
    I installed an "invisible shield" on my burgundy 755p.

The package comes with a plastic squeegee which I never used. It also comes with a "SHIELDspray" applications solution spray bottle. I used the entire bottle. The package itself says "Palm Treo 750/755 Full Body Shield." When I ran out of solution at the very end I made my own as the instructions for the "best skin ever" explain. Mainly water with a little dish washing soap! It worked just as well.

I recommend everyone watch the example application video on their website before putting one on! It is REALLY important that you fingers and finger nails are clean, that the work area is clean AND that the device itself is clean! I had a spare alcohol wipe from my egrips so I gave my 755p I good wipe down with it.

The pieces were on two sheets and all you get are the pieces, no extra material. What I mean is that it isn't like they took a sheet of material and cut the pieces and you peel them away, leaving the rest of the material on the sheet. No, it is like they cut the pieces and then put them on paper to hold them, like a sheet of stickers.

In terms of applying them, as the video says, you want them REALLY REALLY wet. When they are wet they slide around very easily. Once they start drying the adhesive kicks in and it sticks! If you find it sticking you just spray it some more until you are happy with where it needs to go.

I was very unhappy to see that the shield does NOT cover the sides of the screen, or the center part of the ear piece speaker, or the select button in the middle of the D-pad. All those areas are places that got scratched up on my old 650. One reason is that I often put my phone face down and the center of the earpiece speaker is what touches the surface!

The pieces they supply do fit very nicely EXCEPT (as somone pointed out) that bottom of the top side pieces seem just a tad to long, so you have to let it dry a little and use the palm of you hand to hold them in place for a little while.

You have to do the same thing for the bottom of the battery cover, so I recommend doing that last. I did since I read the suggestion else where on the forum and I was glad I did!

Once it is all dry and set it makes the phone VERY VERY shiny......as no piece really covers the front that isn't a problem...but the back looks very different with the skin on.

I had read on other forums that people didn't like the skin as a screen protector. I had a spare screen protector from when I bought a pack of 3 for my 650.

Because of this I made the decision to SACRIFICE my skin screen protector to cut my own pieces to cover the center of the D-pad, the center of the earpiece speaker, and to put two thin strips along the side of the screen.

O.K. pictures in the following posts...again I don't know how to embed pictures so they will attachments...
    Last edited by Atif; 07/05/2007 at 11:37 PM. Reason: for typos....me speak good English! ugh...
    The intensity...
    at&t iPhone3G
    O.K. here are the pictures.

If you look closely you can see the edges. It is HARD to take good picture sof the skin, you have to get it just right so the light shows the edges. They edges aren't normally this noticable.

You can see the extra pieces that I cut are not as clean/neat as the ones that are provided...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    On this picture of the back you can compare the shine versus the battery release button and the bottom connector.
    Attached Images Attached Images
  8.    #48  
    Thanks for the post. It looks like the skin does not cover the area near the vibrate switch?
    I use to have BSE but I removed it after 6 months of use. I do miss how awesome my Treo looked...I just hated the yellowish tint after time and didn't feel like exchanging BSE every 6 months to keep it looking good plus I realized how well I kept my Treo with out it. BSE is cheap enough to do so...like 6 or 7 bucks from what I recolect. Here is a shot of another members phone using BSE.

http://i178.photobucket.com/albums/w...50467Small.jpg
    at&t iPhone3G
    Thanks for the post. It looks like the skin does not cover the area near the vibrate switch?
    Yes, as you can see it cover around the vibrate switch to the BACK fo the phone, but not to the front of the phone.

Quote Originally Posted by KStewart View Post
    I use to have BSE but I removed it after 6 months of use.
    Right...I haven't read/seen anyone say the invisible shield ones turn yellow, if they do I'm definitely returning it and asking for another, at $25 the better NOT turn yellow!

I see you embed pictures by hosting them on photobucket...is that hard to do? Is there an automated way to do that, or do you have to go through the steps of uploading to photobucket, finding their url and then making a html link to it in your treocentral post?
    Quote Originally Posted by Atif View Post
    or do you have to go through the steps of uploading to photobucket, finding their url and then making a html link to it in your treocentral post?
    Of my knowledge...you nailed it. Its the only way I know of.
    at&t iPhone3G
    Quote Originally Posted by KStewart View Post
    Of my knowledge...you nailed it. Its the only way I know of.
    o.k. I am FAR TOO lazy for that! People can just click on my attachments!
    Quote Originally Posted by Atif View Post
    o.k. I am FAR TOO lazy for that! People can just click on my attachments!
    lol... Hobbes has the best patients for the extensive end of a post.
    at&t iPhone3G
  15.    #55  
    Just installed the 755 BSE and it looks GREAT. I had the invisible shield, but it looked horrible. It left bubbles and corners didn't stick. The BSE also covers a lot more, like the chrome area near the earpiece and also covers corners much better. Only the minisd door is not covered. BSE>invisibleshield...much cheaper too.

I RMA'd the invisibleshield.
    Just installed the 755 BSE and it looks GREAT. I had the invisible shield, but it looked horrible. It left bubbles and corners didn't stick. The BSE also covers a lot more, like the chrome area near the earpiece and also covers corners much better. Only the minisd door is not covered. BSE>invisibleshield...much cheaper too.

I RMA'd the invisibleshield.
    You do realized the Invisible Shield and BSE are made of the exact same material right? You must have used the wrong mix of things in your application solution or something when you installed the Invisible Shield. I'm going to buy one BSE and one IS and use pieces from each. I only need one to cover the chrome part above the screen and the sides (including the SD card door).
  17.    #57  
    Yeah I know it's the same, but for some reason, the BSE application was much smoother. I don't think it's worth it to buy the IS just for the minisd door. Just cut and use the free screen protector that came with your treo.
    You don't have to buy the full Treo 755P skin from them. You can do a custom request and in the request ask for just the SD card door.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123