1.    #1  
    My Palm Desktop hasn't been letting me back up my 650 for some time.
    Can't figure it out.
    Tried new cables, BT and all that jazz.
    Nada.......

If I use Beam PRO, I can beam alot of Apps, my full contact list and dates and memo's and such, to a new 755P correct ?

I hope this does work, as my 650 is pretty much a dead duck and I have to go get a 755P this am to have a usable phone.

Let me know, either way, if this is possible, for those that know.

Thanks,
    kj
    You shouldn't need a program to beam everything. You should be able to beam your contacts, dates & memos by category. Might take a few minutes longer but should work.
    Kyocera 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 > Treo 650. All Verizon. Sprint Treo 755p, HTC Mogul & Centro
    Unlocked Treo 680 for trips outside Sprint's areas
  3.    #3  
    cool.
    I already have Beam PRO in my 650.
    I just really needed to hear I can beam it all, because I haven't done an update in a while, as Palm Desktop hasn't let me sync for a while and I'd have no way to update the new phone from PD.

thanks.

I'm off to the Sprint store no matter what......
    I added nearly everything to by 755p via the beam from the 650 or as a download via the web.
    Looking for a way to earn additional income? One that allows you to not only market services people use everyday, but the services of the future too? This opportunity provides outstanding earning potential with ongoing training and support. You are in business for yourself but never by yourself. Stop imagining and start living.

Independent Representative
    Carl Brooks
    carl@techloyal.com
    http://www.techloyal.com
    Question for those who have beamed their PIM data over to the 755p from their previous Treo: After doing so, how did you synch with the desktop to keep that data intact?

I'm planning to do this, at least in the case of my contacts, since I am suffering from the slow database others have reported as the result of some sort of corruption that takes place. I believe this is corrected when beaming the contacts to the new device.

I intend to keep the same Hotsync ID, so presuming I beam this information over before I synch for the first time, will the Hotsync prefs to have the handheld overwrite the desktop work? Or is there any easier way to do this--some file I should rename on my desktop PC?

Planning to do a clean re-install of all my apps from the backup folder in the hope of avoiding any 700p problems migrating to the new device.

Thanks!
    I just converted from a 700p to a 755p entirely with beaming. PIM by category, apps, ringtones.... All successful. I then deleted the Palm folder on my PC, & installed the new Palm Desktop on my PC.

Everything has been working well. Nothing seems corrupted, & no resets whatsoever so far (8 days & counting....)
    Sorry for the newbie question:

I just got the 755 and wish to beam over my contacts from my old 650. It shows that it's locked so I can't beam. What am I doing wrong?
    Quote Originally Posted by mbaron70 View Post
    Sorry for the newbie question:

I just got the 755 and wish to beam over my contacts from my old 650. It shows that it's locked so I can't beam. What am I doing wrong?
    You are trying to beam over the entire program. You already have the program so all you need to do is beam the contacts. This can be done by opening the contact program and use the drop down menu and choose to beam a contact or beam the entire catagory. Very quick and simple. Hope this helps.
    Kyocera 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 > Treo 650. All Verizon. Sprint Treo 755p, HTC Mogul & Centro
    Unlocked Treo 680 for trips outside Sprint's areas
    i used resco explorer to beam all the databases instead of using the 'beam category' option:

calendarDB-PDat
    contactsDB-PAdd
    Messages database
    PhoneFavorites2DB
    PhoneCallDB
    etc.

then actually i went and hotsynced individual apps (updated for the 755 or 700) like palm revolt, Lightwav, etc, then did the same beaming of databases/prefs from the 650:

PalmRevoltPrefs
    PassPlusDB (password plus)
    buzz2_filterDB(lightwav filter database)

everything still solid here. no reset problems at all. database beaming saved about 7 hours worth of individual settings reprogramming for all the different customizable apps. as long as you have the updated version of the application for your device you should be alright using the database from the 650s RAM.
    On day one of getting my 755p, I beamed all of my contacts and most of the apps I wanted to transfer without a problem

Since that day, however, I have been unable to beam anything from the old 650 to the 755p. Not sure what the problem is. At first the 650 said that it could not detect another device even though the 755 was right there and on recieve. Now it is just nothing. I hit beam and nothing happens.

So, the last app that I wanted to transfer I had to do by moving it to the SD card, putting card in the computer and emailing it to myself.
    I had the same problem - the 650 will not beam to my 755p....however it DOES send on Bluetooth.
    I am having the same problem. Help!
    Why not just do the Palm backup? As long as you confirm your email address with it...it works like a wonder...