Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    We all know how boring is the default launcher of the Treo. However, when adding nicer launchers such as ZLauncher you start thinking twice whether you need a launcher that adds lag and instability to your Treo or just the default one that most of the time never fails and gives you fast access to all your apps.

My beef is that I don't like the default launcher, but I need something "light" that doesn't slow down my Treo or creates a lag when going in and out of my apps. Any good suggestions?

Al
    I was in the same boat, especially with my new 755p...now I use Treo Launcher, the best! With NachoB's wallpaper...even better!
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    I use TypeRight because it pops up over the existing app instantly. So there's no delay in going to a launcher and then an app.
    A new Avatar to commemorate Silly Season.
    Does ScrBtn (Screen Button) work with the 700p and 755p? On the 650, it works extremely well and no lags or resets.
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenHex View Post
    Does ScrBtn (Screen Button) work with the 700p and 755p? On the 650, it works extremely well and no lags or resets.
    It works on my 680 perfectly
    Another vote for treo launcher, small footprint(under 100k), extremely stable on 650/755(never caused a reset in 6months of use).. And I can use my own wallpapers & icons...
    HTC Touch Pro
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by R1_Rydah View Post
    Another vote for treo launcher, small footprint(under 100k), extremely stable on 650/755(never caused a reset in 6months of use).. And I can use my own wallpapers & icons...
    I tried Treo Launcher on my Treo 755p yesterday and added a background image from my SD card and it was a bit slow when going in and out of built in applications such as Datebook, phone, etc. Any advice?

AL
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by skfny View Post
    I use TypeRight because it pops up over the existing app instantly. So there's no delay in going to a launcher and then an app.
    I also use TypeRight.
    I have tried every launcher and for me there is none better.

It is fast and crash free.
    I can assign virtually every program to a key.
    It launches programs, DAs and telephone numbers.

Initiate and TypeRight are the perfect combination for the 700p

Jeff
    Global Posts
    853 Global Posts
    I've been using Launcher X ever since it came out. It may not be exciting, but it is simple and very organized.
  10.    #10  
    Using Treo Launcher and I'd like to know how to view apps on tthe SD card under Palm/Launch
  11.    #11  
    Also I would like to hide the calendar to get full view and Is it posssible to access the recent used apps without touching the screen
    never expierienced any delay launching apps due to adding a wallpaper... just a thought did u resize the wallpaper to 320x320 before adding it?

the way I launch apps on the card is to select the all category, and type the 1st letter of the app I'm looking for...

To hide the calendar hit the spacebar

hit the return key to jump down to the recent apps...
    HTC Touch Pro
    Just tried Type Right. Didnt fit my usage like Butler. I just cannot remember what apps r in them keys.That goes for I8 too.
    I'm a visual kind of person so ScrBtn is just perfect for me. Just at a glance and and away i am with my thumb tapping away at all my fav. Its easy cos your apps r fixed in thier specific layout and the screenbutton is a breeze to use.

Point is, just how many frequent apps do one usually use? The rest gets tucked away in your launcher.

If i need to search for a less used app thats not in my ScrBtn i'd just scroll through my All catergory and again by visual since i only just roughly remember how the icon looks like or the name starting with an alphabet.

I dont even bother to set up a Catergory list. I've just the All and Unfiled Catergory. Unfiled is where all the new apps on trial goes too.
    My ZL just sits in the All Catergory like all the underused apps. ZL dont even qualify to go onto ScrBtn.
    Infact ScrBtn GUI is just like the Iphone less the eyecandy of course.... but no wallpaper.
  14.    #14  
    Treo Launcher bug? I went from the calendar view to the non-calendar view, typed H which launched hotsync and my Treo crashed.
    Global Posts
    1,727 Global Posts
    I just tried Ttpe Right and I think I'll purchase it After the demo expires if it proves to be stable.

I don't need that many apps but it certainly will be nice to get a tactile way to launch things like the Camera from Q or pTunes from P, while keeping my PIMS, email and phone apps locked to the main hard keys. It seems lik ethe perfect solution to me. I like hard keys for launching. $8.99 is a deal as well.

EDIT: Man it just gets cooler, I added 'Last app' to the back button (makes sense!) and recent apps to the return button, and that makes sense to me too. You get a nice app switcher interface with teh recent apps as well. I was all ready to buy Hi-Launcher for twice the price and was really reluctant, and now I'm very glad I didn't. What a nice little app! Sure it may not fit everyone but for me it's perfect. It essentially does what Hi Launcher does but all from the keyboard. Sweet!
    Last edited by braj; 06/09/2007 at 11:17 PM.
    To those using TypeRight on a 755p: are you able to get the "Quick Bar" to work? I've tried disabling Butler and LudusP but still can't get it to work.
    Quote Originally Posted by reverendrhino View Post
    I was in the same boat, especially with my new 755p...now I use Treo Launcher, the best! With NachoB's wallpaper...even better!
    I agree. I installed Treo Launcher on my wife's 755p and it is awesome.
    Me = Nokia 5170/Palm III > Kyocera 6035 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 755p > Treo Pro > Palm Pre

Wife = Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 755p > Palm Centro > Palm Pixi
    Global Posts
    1,727 Global Posts
    What makes Treo Launcher so awesome? I guess maybe I should try it...
    Global Posts
    1,727 Global Posts
    ok, I tried Treo Launcher and I don't see it. Why is this so popular? I don't even see that you can beam an app from this launcher, there is no file manager built in it seems. For the money ($13) it seems pretty underwhelming to me. I would understand if it were free.

I can understand not wanting to deal with ZLauncher because it is a bear, but I'm currently using Megalauncher which is really similar to the main launcher, uses main launcher categories, but has a huge add-on value. I guess if you really don't want to devote any internal memory to an app then Treo Launcher is fine, it's just a small step up (and a bit of a step down) from the default Palm launcher.
  20.    #20  
    Treo Launcher...Wow so simple, but at the same time so powerful. It took me some time to actually appreciate this launcher. At first it looks like it doesn't do much, but once you get to know it more it is really powerful. Treo launcher has only what you need from a launcher leaving aside the beefy stuff. Good job..!!

Al
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast