Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Global Posts
    188 Global Posts
    Thanks, so you think it would be better than Launcher X? I will give it a try!

Thanks Again for the advice
    Global Posts
    1,727 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tj0827 View Post
    Thanks, so you think it would be better than Launcher X? I will give it a try!

Thanks Again for the advice
    I don't have that much experience with LauncherX, I used Launch'em for a long time way back when though. Try everything and see what works for you.
    Global Posts
    188 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tj0827 View Post
    Great Post. I am looking for a Simple, Intuitive, Elegant, yet Powerful Launcher that works Great on my Treo 755p. Needs to run programs from my card, but not be bloated, it needs to very easy to use, Intuitive, that is why I have a Treo, its simplicity.

Now, I have used Zlauncher in the past (but not last 6 months with 700p, have not installed it on my 755p), I used it for about a year and have it mastered well, but it is just to bloated for my needs, I want a launcher that is simple elegant and very intuitive (simple but powerful), this is what made me switch to Palm from WM in the first place. Zlauncher for my Treo in the end was to much for my tastes, just IMO, still a very good product do not get me wrong! Any recommendations for a Launcher?

All I have ever used was the Standard Palm Launcher and ZLauncher, I added that because everyone said that was the greatest out there and nothing else was close, and it just might be the absolute best but IMO it is to bloated and just not for my needs.

So what out there comes closes to describing what I want? Treo Launcher, Launcher X, Initate?
    Thanks for the replys I will try Launcher x, and Mega Launcher, but how does Treo Launcher compare to these other Launchers?
    Global Posts
    1,727 Global Posts
    It looks to me Treo Launcher gives you a background pic, a recent apps list, new icons, and a calendar. The other two are much more comprehensive apps that do far more. But then it depends what you want in a launcher. I want it to be my file manager as much as my launcher and MegaLauncher does that really well. But you could use Filez with Treo Launcher. It is nice that we have so many choices.
    I downloaded ZLauncher. Yeah, too much of a memory hog. Just too much. Been using Treo Launcher, but it's on the other end of the spectrum. Initiate looks very cool from the screenshots. Could someone provide the link to mega launcher? I have also checked out launcher x, and hi launcher. naww.
    Matty
    Global Posts
    309 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by braj View Post
    It looks to me Treo Launcher gives you a background pic, a recent apps list, new icons, and a calendar. The other two are much more comprehensive apps that do far more. But then it depends what you want in a launcher. I want it to be my file manager as much as my launcher and MegaLauncher does that really well. But you could use Filez with Treo Launcher. It is nice that we have so many choices.
    How do you pull up the recent apps list?

Also, I have used initiate for about 2+ years and loved it for it's speed and simplicity. About 6 months ago an updated version caused problems on my 700p. For some reason certain apps would not show up in the list. I had extensive dialogue with Rob (the developer) but we could never find a solution. I went back to an older version but now with the launch of Initiate III it was time to find another solution.

I want small and simple and after using Treo Launcher for 4 days it seems to fit the bill. Plus, making walllpapers can be fun.
    SprintPCS Treo 755p
  7.    #48  
    Quote Originally Posted by tcatnat View Post
    How do you pull up the recent apps list?

I want small and simple and after using Treo Launcher for 4 days it seems to fit the bill. Plus, making walllpapers can be fun.
    Press the enter Key on your keyboard and you can navigate through the icons as if it was a Mac toolbar (pretty cool)

Al
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123