1.    #1  
    EVDO Debug/Get AAA/HA shared secrets?

Sometimes I can't connect EVDO, and it falls back to 1X. Is it possible to remove the 1X code from Treo completely?

Sometimes the Palm is stuck at get "Connecting to High Speed data"... Then it says Cancelling.

And also in the Preferences/Network/Modify, I can get it to unlock, but if I go into Details or Details then Advanced, those two I can't modify?
    Global Posts
    538 Global Posts
    I know you can force EVDO only by typing #*#EVDO# (in VZW phone app, Sprint may be ##EVDO#, but I can't remember) Then just check the force evdo box. But this may not allow you to connect if your not in an evdo area. But you can also change this later.

Also for HA...
    you can get into some settings via #*#DATA# (on VZW phone app)

and also in network preferences, you can go into the log and type: ?
    This will give you a list of commands, "pdpset" and "pdpget" let you see some settings and modify...
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    noodlelest wet noodler
    Global Posts
    883 Global Posts
    Remember if you force EVDO, then incomming calls will go straight to voicemail.
    Visor --> Visor Platinum --> Treo 300 --> Treo 600 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 700p --> Treo 755p --> Treo 800w --> Palm Pre
    Global Posts
    728 Global Posts
    does
    "disable broadband (1xRTT only)" check box at #*#EVDO#

shut down 1xrtt only and leave EVDO up?

sounds like it might.
    Global Posts
    728 Global Posts
    duh-

I guess it means shut off EVDO and use ONLy 1x.

turned my brain back on- sorry.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by ink883 View Post
    Remember if you force EVDO, then incomming calls will go straight to voicemail.
    Don't check the option "send voice calls to voicemail during active...." in Pref/Network/Pull down/option/pref..

EVDO suspose to let calls in while you are on ACTIVE data connection (arrows become green)

While 1XRTT will forward call to VM when your arrow is green. When it becames gray.. due to inactivity. Calls can be received.
    Quote Originally Posted by noodle View Post
    I know you can force EVDO only by typing #*#EVDO# (in VZW phone app, Sprint may be ##EVDO#, but I can't remember) Then just check the force evdo box. But this may not allow you to connect if your not in an evdo area. But you can also change this later.

Also for HA...
    you can get into some settings via #*#DATA# (on VZW phone app)

and also in network preferences, you can go into the log and type: ?
    This will give you a list of commands, "pdpset" and "pdpget" let you see some settings and modify...
    Sprint is ##EVDO#. I just keep them both unchecked and let it flow on auto.
    at&t iPhone3G
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by KStewart View Post
    Sprint is ##EVDO#. I just keep them both unchecked and let it flow on auto.
    But you will miss calls if you set to auto.
    Unless you are going out of town most of the time. I think force EVDO is the best.

I am looking for a NV editor for Treo...and PRL editor..
    -------
    Save the current service in the specified PDP slot (1-7)
    NOTE: Normally, only slots 6-7 are accessible; you need a special patch for other slots!!!

1-5: IOTA; 6-7: temp
    -----
    Where is the patch for pdpset...
    I want to set(copy) my profile 1 into 0. But I got the above error

For PRI Checksum I sometimes get 0xE45F or 0xCF70.. Where does the checksum come from?

For data. It seems the "AA/AAA auth state" (authorized/not authorized) is depend on something in the NV Backup. None of your Password settings can edit it..

Also if you are not getting a EV icon. that means it can't find the "Active Set Pilot PN" (all EA00 and channel is 65535). You will always drop back to 1X login.

I don't think EVDO login uses your NAI login and also needs something in the PRL file to find the channel.
    Last edited by kocoman; 06/12/2007 at 09:49 AM.