Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    It's a fw problem, IMHO.

Not related to installed sw.

I hope Palm resolve it with next update.
    Quote Originally Posted by operators View Post
    It's a fw problem, IMHO.

Not related to installed sw.

I hope Palm resolve it with next update.
    My problem was solved by a new SIM......wasn't a firmware issue for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by khaytsus View Post
    Workaround: Select the Category/Group then edit each person in the group. Easier than going through one-by-one from "All".
    This can be done in the native Palm Phone App without editing each person. Go to a contact, select edit, select details, select edit categories. Highlight category and select edit. There is an option to select a ringtone specifically for that category.

I only found this after I did as khaytsus said to do. This was the one thing I couldn't believe the Treo couldn't do as my old Razr could do it. It was just something buried and wasn't published anywhere.
    jb
    Blackberry Curve 8310
    My wife's 680 also freezes once every 5-10 calls. She has no almost no programs installed (ptunes, rbackup and Filez), and does not use data anymore(google maps... deleted).

She has finally had enough so we are getting rid of it. I think I will get her a Samsung on Sprint or keep her on T-mobile with a nice Nokia.

I too am getting tired of my tired and bulky 700P. I will probably switch to a WM6 phone soon...
    .Treo Pro on Sprint Check out www.treotricks.com, Audio jack fix.
    Quote Originally Posted by jbonnot03 View Post
    This can be done in the native Palm Phone App without editing each person. Go to a contact, select edit, select details, select edit categories. Highlight category and select edit. There is an option to select a ringtone specifically for that category.

I only found this after I did as khaytsus said to do. This was the one thing I couldn't believe the Treo couldn't do as my old Razr could do it. It was just something buried and wasn't published anywhere.
    NICE FIND!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by jbonnot03 View Post

Oh cool, nice find!
    the same here. no 3rd apps installed. this is really annoying, never seen such glitch on T650. Does anybody have solution for it ? have tried new SIM, did not help.
    Global Posts
    154 Global Posts
    I also have the same problem, but it does not happen that frequent. This maybe a part of a system bug in the Palm OS. Maybe Palm will address this issue if it receives enough complain.

As for me, I'm tired of complaining... This is already my 3rd treo (600,650 and 680) and all I can say is that, it gradually improves over time, but I expect a lot more for a $500 (full price here in Asia) phone. I'm just waiting for the iphone in Asia... for the meantime, the dopod C730 is looking mighty good...
    same problem here on unlock gsm malaysia. it happen once a week and now after installing the security update it happen about twice a week. it happen on most important call.
    Global Posts
    154 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mdalim View Post
    same problem here on unlock gsm malaysia. it happen once a week and now after installing the security update it happen about twice a week. it happen on most important call.
    I also had the same experience (maybe it only happens in asia.. ), the phone usually hangs when I am receiving an important call.. anyway, hello iphone !
    Global Posts
    459 Global Posts
    I'm having this problem also. One thing i've noticed is that it seems to happen mostly when i hit the D-pad button to answer the call (thus selecting the on screen answer button) as opposed to when i press the green button to answer the call. Anyone else notice this?
    a dirty mind is a terrible thing to waste
    Quote Originally Posted by randyg View Post
    I'm having this problem also. One thing i've noticed is that it seems to happen mostly when i hit the D-pad button to answer the call (thus selecting the on screen answer button) as opposed to when i press the green button to answer the call. Anyone else notice this?
    My scenario is:
    My display is off and keylocked.
    I have the ringer set to vibrate and then ring.
    The phone vibrates or rings.
    I press the green answer button, the phone does not answer and the caller goes to voice mail.
    The Treo freezes for maybe 5-10 seconds and does not require any type of reset.

*No* third party apps loaded.
    Last edited by allanc; 06/25/2007 at 03:02 PM. Reason: Other Apps
    Regards,

Allan C.
    Definitely a phone app bug I think. It's more common when the dbcache runs low.
    Check out my My Medical webOS Apps
    Featured free apps: DrugView | Eponyms | eMed | Dosecalcfree | Beeb News
    Quote Originally Posted by palmdoc2005 View Post
    I have never browsed.
    The only s/w I have loaded are:
    DST Patch
    Camera Patch
    Security Patch
    Regards,

Allan C.
    Quote Originally Posted by palmdoc2005 View Post
    I beg to differ that it's a bug as if it was, it should affect everyone. My Treo hasn't frozen from answering a call in months.
    what level of dbcache should one maintain in order for the phone not to freeze during incoming call. I am getting tired of this..wish it hang when my wife call.
    I had the same problem, and tried many of the possible solutions I saw here and else. It turned out that under Preferences/Hands-Free, the box "Always route calls to Hands-Free" had become checked. I didn't check it -- I've never used a hands-free rig and didn't know the setting was there until I started poking around.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12