1.    #1  
    I am new to the Treo 650 and just bought one used. Does anyone know how to assigan a recorded ringtone to a specific contact or if it is even possible with the Treo 650? I can't find this option so I thought I would ask, sorry if this question has been asked and answered already somewhere on the forum? Thanks.
    I do it on the Favorite buttons. Press the menu button from the phone app and edit favorite buttons.

I also use MiniTones to ring with MP3s.

Good luck,
    Target
    Target

Using a GSM Treo Pro, my first Windows Mobile Device. Coming from a Cingular Treo 650.
    On the 650, the only way to do it is to assign the contact a favorite button...
    Check out my posting on this where I've provided step by step instructions on doing it.
    Flash demos, reviews of PDA and smartphone apps and contests at Palm Discovery . How to do Palm resets. T/T2/T3/Treo screws
    Quote Originally Posted by maceyr View Post
    Check out my posting on this where I've provided step by step instructions on doing it.
    My friend, my antivirus software shows me a zillion popup warning me this is a 'Dangerous' spyware site when I click on your link
    Well, I do have ads on the site but I don't knowingly put spyware. I guess venture at your own risk. BTW, what anti-virus software do you have?
    Flash demos, reviews of PDA and smartphone apps and contests at Palm Discovery . How to do Palm resets. T/T2/T3/Treo screws
    Quote Originally Posted by maceyr View Post
    Well, I do have ads on the site but I don't knowingly put spyware. I guess venture at your own risk. BTW, what anti-virus software do you have?
    Trend Micro PC-cillin Internet Security 2007.
    That rings a bell. Someone who also had that installed on his computer told me the same thing a long time ago. I went through at one point, going through all the ad scripts that were on the page, (they are all Commission junction and linkshare and Palm) so I doubt they run harmful scripts.

I went through and even installed this Trend Micro on my computer but it took me so many installations of security packs, reboots and whatever else and became more of a nightmare for me. Eventually, it was fine but I just think they don't like the funny looking urls that Commission junction spits out. Eventually, the alarm bells were gone (he checked it and it was fine). I really think it's just the ad links from CJ and LS.

Again, I don't knowingly put any spyware on the site and they are advertisement links from Commission Junction and Linkshare. Maybe it could be Statcounter that Trend Micro doesn't like.
    Last edited by maceyr; 06/09/2007 at 02:58 PM.