1.    #1  
    I read a thread earlier this week that had a post that remarked how silent the home page of this site was regarding both the release of the 700p MR. I just got done reading Talkin' Treo - v060807 and was amazed that it said NOTHING about the 700p MR release and subsequent issues of this week. It's especially amazing given the fact that the first line in the story was "Wow!!! That pretty much sums up the week." I was expecting to read about the 700p issues but no, it was about was about the Foleo and cash infusion into Palm. Of course, these were big stories so I kept reading - nothing!

After reading, and scrolling down a few times I got to the heading "Elsewhere in the World of Treo…" so I thought - "OK, here we go". NOTHING!

I say - what's up with that!!??!!
    Global Posts
    883 Global Posts
    I was wondering the same thing.
    Visor --> Visor Platinum --> Treo 300 --> Treo 600 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 700p --> Treo 755p --> Treo 800w --> Palm Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by ink883 View Post
    I was wondering the same thing.
    SHHHHHHHHH they pay the bills.
    Global Posts
    325 Global Posts
    you dont want to lose sponsers.
    Global Posts
    883 Global Posts
    I would think the majority of their money would come from selling accessories and not specifically the phones.
    Visor --> Visor Platinum --> Treo 300 --> Treo 600 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 700p --> Treo 755p --> Treo 800w --> Palm Pre
    me too ditto bump etc
    Last edited by Hdhntr23; 06/09/2007 at 02:36 PM. Reason: spelling
    ONE can be spelled as NEO.
    There is no spoon.
    Oh gee, do I dare wade into this.. sure

(Insert comment about: "Though I travel through the valley of doom...")

Positive news about Product X, sells devices, software, and accessories for Product X. Negative news generally does not.

Negative news slows sales of Product X.

It's the business-model version of Political Correctness.

I am NOT Politically Correct.

We had this same problem BEFORE the MR, where TC was very much silent on the incompetence of Palm in:

1) Releasing/selling a faulty device.

2) Denying there were any problems and waiting.

3) Admitting there were problems near the EOL of the product.

4) Continually shining us on as to release dates for any fixes.

5) Delaying the release of the fix until after the effective EOL of the product.

6) Waiting for a new product to be released BEFORE releasing the fixes.

So it only follows that they will be effectively silent when said MR is a disaster worthy of "Western Justice".

Jim