Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    I just purchased the Seidio extended life (2400mAh) battery for my 700p. On the little card that came with it, Seidio stated that increase life will not be seen until the battery has been fully charged 5-6 times. Have other with this battery seen the same thing? Are you seeing increased battery life?

Also, I usually keep my 700p in the charging cradle while sitting at my desk working. Is this bad, good or indifferent for the battery?

Thanks!
    I just got one about a week ago as well, and I was impressed with the duration after the first charge. I had to really try to run the battery down in a day - I had to keep Toccer connected so the EVDO would suck up battery, and I even had ptunes running in the background at 0 volume for a few hours, and it still had juice left at night. After finishing the conditioning, it lasts at least 2 days with my normal usage.
    It does say you're supposed to fully discharge and recharge it 3-5 times to condition it, so until you've done this I would leave it out of the charging cradle.
    I bought one a couple of weeks ago for my 700p. With my normal usage, this one lasts four days before it is so drained that I have to recharge it. I am currently on my fifth charge and haven't noticed any improvement from what I got at the start. However, it lasts 36-48 hours longer than my original battery, which is now a year old and is starting to show its age. I'm therefore not complaining.
    Palm IIIx>Palm Vx>Palm m515>Tungsten T>Tungsten C>Verizon Treo 650
    ................................StarTAC 7868W>Motorola V710>Verizon Treo 650>Treo 700p>Apple iPhone 3G
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    I'm considering buying this, just a few questions:

1)How is the fit in the phone?

2)Does it fit in the Palm cradle?

3) Is it reliable and safe? Is there any evidence of it bricking a phone?

Thanks!
    The 2400 mAh battery is the same physical size as the original battery. No issues with the cradle or cover, or reliability. Now the 3400 mAh battery, that is a non-standard shape that buldges out of the phone body.
    Quote Originally Posted by goalie30 View Post
    The 2400 mAh battery is the same physical size as the original battery. No issues with the cradle or cover, or reliability.
    It is noticeably heavier than the standard battery though. The phone feels like a brick!

I am currently in the process of trying to fully discharge mine 5-6 times...this thing seems to last forever no matter what you throw at it! (leaving BT on 24/7, slinging, letting movies play repeatedly) Great purchase for any travelling Treo user!
    Global Posts
    603 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AngryCPA View Post
    It is noticeably heavier than the standard battery though. The phone feels like a brick!

I am currently in the process of trying to fully discharge mine 5-6 times...this thing seems to last forever no matter what you throw at it! (leaving BT on 24/7, slinging, letting movies play repeatedly) Great purchase for any travelling Treo user!

I completely agree it's just heavier, but the phone last heck of alot longer. I've done everything possible to drain it and it will not drain the lowests it's gone for me was 73%...
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    That's great to hear. I've read on other threads that the super-extended one (3200) causes certain issues.

Sounds like this is a good compromise; not as much improvment in battery life, but no complicating need for new battery covers, etc...
    I weighed my batteries. The Seidio 2400 mAh was 1.6 oz, versus 1.5 oz for the stock Treo battery. I did get my Seidio though when they first came out, so maybe the new ones are heavier.
    Seidio plans to release a new high capacity (2600 mah) OEM sized extended battery for Treo 700/650 on 8/14.
    Interesting news considering I just bought a 2400 two months ago for my 700p. Looks like the 2400 I bought two months ago will be a backup battery for me.
    Palm IIIx>Palm Vx>Palm m515>Tungsten T>Tungsten C>Verizon Treo 650
    ................................StarTAC 7868W>Motorola V710>Verizon Treo 650>Treo 700p>Apple iPhone 3G
    You raised the price of the 2600 battery. 60 bucks is a bit too much.
    Quote Originally Posted by seidioseidio View Post
    Seidio plans to release a new high capacity (2600 mah) OEM sized extended battery for Treo 700/650 on 8/14.
    That will something to opt for...2400mah weight seems to make the Treo more of a brick so I am just curious how much heavier 2600mah will affect the weight? The only thing that has held me back from getting an extended battery is I have been hesitant to deal with the extra wait...I don't use BT much and hold my treo like a regular phone and for now I would rather have my Treo as light as possible and just keep charging it as needed. The Treo with the stock battery already gives me arm pump when I am using it as a phone. Then again I might take the plunge after hearing how much improvement in battery life everyone is getting.
    at&t iPhone3G
    Quote Originally Posted by steveme View Post
    You raised the price of the 2600 battery. 60 bucks is a bit too much.
    The price is $ 42.95 instead of $ 60.

http://www.seidioonline.com/index.as...ROD&ProdID=825

Seidio plans to gradually phase out the 2400 mah battery. only offer 2600 mah battery.

Seidio
    Last edited by seidioseidio; 09/16/2007 at 09:57 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by seidioseidio View Post
    The price is $ 42.95 instead of $ 60.

http://www.seidioonline.com/index.as...ROD&ProdID=825

Seidio plans to gradually phase out the 2400 mah battery. only offer 2600 mah battery.

Seidio
    Thanks...I am forgetting about the excuse of added weight to my brick and am about 90% ready to take the plunge on this newer extended battery while the pricing lasts. Chatter is killing me.
    at&t iPhone3G