View Poll Results: Did the update resolve the lag issue (this is not referring to NETWORK SEARCHING lag)

Voters
43. You may not vote on this poll
  • My Treo never lagged (other than NETWORK SEARCHING), so I can't tell

0 0%
  • My Treo never lagged (other than NETWORK SEARCHING) but it now lags.

1 2.33%
  • My Treo lagged (other than NETWORK SEARCHING) but since installing the update it no longer does

18 41.86%
  • My Treo lagged (other than NETWORK SEARCHING) yet despite installing the update it still does

18 41.86%
  • I didn't successfully update or there isn't an update for my Treo

6 13.95%
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    This poll isn't referring to the 'network searching' lag.
    I can't find a suitable selection on your poll. My phone had lag in addition to the "network searching" before the MR, post-MR the lag is still there but is slightly less. The lag on the phone application is significantly reduced, blazer still lags, but less, going in-out of the application.

The residual lag appears to be partially related to the amount of memory usage and perhaps the size of program databases (contact, calendar, etc); the residual lag is much improved after a Hard-Reset, but after Restoring the backup, is worse again.
    Have a great one...Doc D.

Phillips VELO > Palm III > Palm V > Palm 505m > Treo 180 > Treo 300 > Samsung i500 > Treo 700p > HTC 6800 > Treo 800w > Treo Pro > Palm Pre > HTC Evo
    Quote Originally Posted by TreoNewt View Post
    I can't find a suitable selection on your poll. My phone had lag in addition to the "network searching" before the MR, post-MR the lag is still there but is slightly less. The lag on the phone application is significantly reduced, blazer still lags, but less, going in-out of the application.

The residual lag appears to be partially related to the amount of memory usage and perhaps the size of program databases (contact, calendar, etc); the residual lag is much improved after a Hard-Reset, but after Restoring the backup, is worse again.

Snappier but the dreaded lag is still there!
    Global Posts
    883 Global Posts
    Yes, lag is still there, just not as bad.
    Visor --> Visor Platinum --> Treo 300 --> Treo 600 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 700p --> Treo 755p --> Treo 800w --> Palm Pre
    Global Posts
    340 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by morningstar1844 View Post
    Snappier but the dreaded lag is still there!

Exactly...that's the poll choice I needed.
    Late '08 MacBook Pro, 2.53 GHz, 8 GB RAM, 500 GB HD 7200; Mid 2011 MacBook Air 11" 1.6GHz, 4 GB RAM, 128 GB SSD; 32GB iPhone 4; 32GB WiFi iPad 2 (White); Apple TV; Nikon D300; AND (Hopefully) a 16GB HP Touchpad from the fire sale! TWITTER: @RobT43
    lag still there for me.
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    I have noticed a reduction in the lag by changing the sector size for my sd card which is 4GB in size im going to do more testing with VFS mark and general lag testing and i will post the results.