1.    #1  
    I want to find a program that will do the complete backup to the PC via USB cable instead of to the card. Does this program exist? Why do I want it to go to the PC vice the card? Envision this:

Scenario 1:
    Every night at midnight, Treo is backed up to card.
    My phone is stolen, so I send the SMS to let Warden know that I need it to wipe & lock my phone.
    Backup sets are gone, so I have to start fresh.

Scenario 2:
    Every night at midnight, Treo is backed up to PC.
    My phone is stoen, so I send the SMS to let Warden know that I need it to wipe & lock my phone.
    Get new phone, restore from backup on PC and it's back to original in minutes, not days!

If this program exists, can someone let me know? Also, if this program doesn't exist, can someone develop it?
    "Whenever I feel like exercise I lie down until the feeling passes."
    -Robert Maynard Hutchins

Palm Pilot 1000 -> Philips Nino -> Handspring Visor Deluxe -> Alltel Kyocera 7135 -> Cingular Treo 650 -> AT&T Blackjack II -> AT&T Treo 750 & Epix
    Global Posts
    591 Global Posts
    yes: the answer is.......Palm Desktop!

When you do a hotsync, the default setting for Hotsync Manager is to Backup the Palm RAM, so unless you have changed that, it does it every time.

If you need to reinstall, bfore doing a hotsync you MUST set the "Backup" setting setting in Hotsync manager to "Desktop overwrites handheld".

Backing up to the card is still a good idea, since with most backup programs you can do it automatically every night, while you may only hotsync less frequently.

cheers
    geoff

Treo 650 1.20 LAP.
    Look at BackupBuddy by Blue Nomad (http://newsite.bluenomad.com/)
    I backup to card, and approximately weekly I copy the contents of my card to my PC using a card reader. That's not an automated solution, but it works.
    "The service on my iPhone is so bad I'm thinking of calling it my AOL phone." -- Jim Gaffigan