View Poll Results: Did the patch fix the BT pairing issue?

Voters
55. You may not vote on this poll
  • My Treo never had BT problems, so I can't tell.

5 9.09%
  • My Treo lost BT connection frequently but hasn't since installing the update

22 40.00%
  • My Treo lost BT connection frequently and is still losing connection despite installing the update

17 30.91%
  • I never had problems, but now I do

6 10.91%
  • I had difficulty installing the update or there isn't an update for my Treo

5 9.09%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    Some had problems where BT would drop connection to the Treo, or would answer the phone, but not be able to transmit voice. Did the update fix this issue?
    I had a problem where after about 30 min I couldn't hear the other party and after a few min more the connection was dropped.
    Before the update, my BT experience was better described as hit-or-miss. Since the update the reliability of BT has improved considerably, no drop connections, pairs easily and buttons on the headset are more functional.

Call quality was minimally improved for me.
    Have a great one...Doc D.

Phillips VELO > Palm III > Palm V > Palm 505m > Treo 180 > Treo 300 > Samsung i500 > Treo 700p > HTC 6800 > Treo 800w > Treo Pro > Palm Pre > HTC Evo
    I had frequent disconnects before the MR and now after I have even more. I had 4 in a row yesterday!
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    My jawbone headset stays paired and my 2007 Jaguar XKR now pairs with the vehicle and works flawlessly....i'm happy
    "Yet each man kills the thing he loves, from all let this be heard. Some do it with a bitter look, some with a flattering word. The coward does it with a kiss the brave man with the sword."
    -- Oscar Wilde
    Global Posts
    219 Global Posts
    I had the problem where if I turned off bluetooth to use my headset with my PS3 ; after I turned off the ps3 and turned back on the bluetooth on my treo, it would show as connected (light blue headset on the phone) but when I called someone it wouldn't pair (dark blue headset) or if it did I still couldn't hear anyone nor could they hear me.

This was fixed with the MR upgrade on my phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by vMAC View Post
    I had the problem where if I turned off bluetooth to use my headset with my PS3 ; after I turned off the ps3 and turned back on the bluetooth on my treo, it would show as connected (light blue headset on the phone) but when I called someone it wouldn't pair (dark blue headset) or if it did I still couldn't hear anyone nor could they hear me.

This was fixed with the MR upgrade on my phone.
    All,

I have had this same behavior as described by vMAC, BUT after the MR. I am using a Nokia BH-800 and had problems with distance from the phone. Now the distance is improved but I get screen icons that say I am connected but am not and light indicators on the headset that suggest connection but are not. How frustrating.

Regards,

Jim
    Global Posts
    191 Global Posts
    I had 2 BT headsets one Motorola HS805 , after update HS805 will not connect to Treo at all after pairing and power cycle. It will pair fine for the first time, when i add it to trusted devices , it will also work fine and never disconnect - untill i power it off - then it will never connect to treo again unless i delete it from trusted devices and repeat all the above. Logitech seems to work the same as before. it connects quickly , but will auto disconnect after about 4-5 minutes if not in use.
    never really had a pairing issue but inoticed that if I would get out of range w/the headset away from thw Treo is would take a while to re-establish the connection. Now it's almost immediate. The headset icon talks a while to reappear but if I start dialing it works & the icon comes back.
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    Global Posts
    219 Global Posts
    FYI my headset is a Moto H700
    Quote Originally Posted by leonidm View Post
    ...it connects quickly , but will auto disconnect after about 4-5 minutes if not in use.
    This used to be my main problem with the BT before the MR; after connecting the headset, if not in use it would disconnect, it would also disconnect after each and every call - was very difficult to reconnect sometimes needing a soft reset.

After MR all these problems are gone for me, connections are easy and fast, and the headset stays connected until I disconnect, wonder off range or turn off the headset.

My headsets are the Jabra BT250v, BT160 and Motorola H300.

Phillips VELO > Palm III > Palm V > Palm 505m > Treo 180 > Treo 300 > Samsung i500 > Treo 700p > HTC 6800 > Treo 800w > Treo Pro > Palm Pre > HTC Evo
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    As I am continually bothered by the BT Pairing problem, I (a Verizon Wireless user) am very interested in seeing whether the 'new and improved' Sprint MR Update has corrected this issue.
    Couldn't get a response on the BT forum, so I'll try here. I have a non-updated Sprint 700P. I almost never use BT, but when I have, and I'm actively speaking, I notice the screen flashing from bright to dim every now and then. However, I never lose connection with the person I'm speaking with. I didn't look to see if it actually connects and reconnects, but since I never lost the conversation, my assumption is that it is not disconnecting. Is this normal behavior?
    Quote Originally Posted by haroldo View Post
    As I am continually bothered by the BT Pairing problem, I (a Verizon Wireless user) am very interested in seeing whether the 'new and improved' Sprint MR Update has corrected this issue.
    After a few weeks into the MR I have noticed some disconnect and pairing problems lately - just as before the MR but much less. Had my first in-call reset while on BT and receiving another call earlier this week, will keep experimenting... the jury still out on this one tough.

Quote Originally Posted by davidra View Post
    Couldn't get a response on the BT forum, so I'll try here. I have a non-updated Sprint 700P. I almost never use BT, but when I have, and I'm actively speaking, I notice the screen flashing from bright to dim every now and then. However, I never lose connection with the person I'm speaking with. I didn't look to see if it actually connects and reconnects, but since I never lost the conversation, my assumption is that it is not disconnecting. Is this normal behavior?
    Never experienced this.

Global Posts
    148 Global Posts
    Interestingly, my BT car kit wouldn't connect even though it paired after the original MR, but since the last week or so all of a sudden it starts connecting again and I didn't do anything to it! It does however have the connect/disconnect issue once in a very long while (which never happened to me pre-MR)
    Plantronics 590A still very unstable with the MR. Maybe a little better, but still BAD.
    Motorola H300 headset - only one problem since installing the update last week. Hasn't repeated itself, so I'm not sure if it was a fluke.

However, the biggest improvement IMHO is that the people I'm talking to now tell me I sound SO MUCH BETTER since the MR. It has always been full duplex, but now the BT Echo problem has been completely resolved - they don't hear any echo when they talk to me, no matter how loud I have my headset turned up.

THAT in itself is worth updating to the latest MR.

Sprint Pre & Motorola H300 BT headset

Dead devices: Palm Pro; Palm III; Treo 600, 650, 700p, 755p; Centro
    Yes, I finally updated my tagline!
    I'm with some of the others where it shows I'm paired but when I get off a call I get the low beep and it really isn't connected when I make another call. Can't hear anything in the headset. Person on the other line can't hear anything through the phone or headset. Then I'll go to the phone and unpair the headset. Then it will spontaneously re-pair mid conversation.

Before the MR it was just a bear to get it to stay paired. Regardless it's just whacked. It so funny that a standard is anything but.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    Sounds like it is having trouble still with certain headsets. My 650 works great with the Motorola HS805 but it won't stay paired with a Motorola H300 for long. After a call, the H300 will power off after a few minutes. With the 700p, the H300 worked pretty well, and now seems truly excellent with the new roms.

BT is a funny creature.

Sprint Pre & Motorola H300 BT headset

Dead devices: Palm Pro; Palm III; Treo 600, 650, 700p, 755p; Centro
    Yes, I finally updated my tagline!
    I was having pairing drops before then MR with my HS850. Now it works perfect. No problems.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast