View Poll Results: Did the patch fix the BT pairing issue?

Voters
55. You may not vote on this poll
  • My Treo never had BT problems, so I can't tell.

5 9.09%
  • My Treo lost BT connection frequently but hasn't since installing the update

22 40.00%
  • My Treo lost BT connection frequently and is still losing connection despite installing the update

17 30.91%
  • I never had problems, but now I do

6 10.91%
  • I had difficulty installing the update or there isn't an update for my Treo

5 9.09%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Bluetooth® wireless technology enhancements:

Increases list of supported/compatible Bluetooth wireless carkits, including BMW and Toyota/Lexus (Denso)
    Improves overall user experience with supported Bluetooth wireless carkits and headsets (e.g. allow user to manually connect / disconnect to a Bluetooth device)
    Additional Bluetooth wireless functionality (e.g. audio routing to Bluetooth headset even when wired headset is plugged in)
    Palm Downloads and Treo Tips and Tricks:
    Opensourcepalm.com
    Mine dissconnected while I was on my way to the sprint repair center today, I am going to smash my 700p to pieces
    Quote Originally Posted by Eguy View Post
    Mine dissconnected while I was on my way to the sprint repair center today, I am going to smash my 700p to pieces
    Seems like the only solution......
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    Not sure, but that might void the warrantee.
    Quote Originally Posted by haroldo View Post
    Not sure, but that might void the warrantee.
    I think there is an exception in line 8 section B
    Quote Originally Posted by Parityone View Post
    I had a problem where after about 30 min I couldn't hear the other party and after a few min more the connection was dropped.
    Was your problem before or after the MR update was installed? (Presumably tha latter, but your comment is not clear.) Also, which BT headset did this problem occur with?

thanks,
    --
    Bob
    I'm both super! ... and a doer!
    Quote Originally Posted by Eguy View Post
    I had frequent disconnects before the MR and now after I have even more. I had 4 in a row yesterday!
    Again, what BT device was this with? -- thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by sndtubes View Post
    Plantronics 590A still very unstable with the MR. Maybe a little better, but still BAD.
    Thanks for this info sndtubes. I have not applied the MR update yet. (A combination of cautiousness and laziness.) I heard good things about the 590A over in the BlueTooth SmackDown thread, but your advice contradicts that! The SmackDown thread also does not talk a lot about stereo headsets post-MR update. Given your determination that the Pulsar is unstable, have you found a stereo headset that you like and/or that works well (at least post MR 1.10)?

thanks,
    --
    Bob
    Quote Originally Posted by bclancy View Post
    Again, what BT device was this with? -- thanks
    Sony Ericsson HCB-700

Which works flawlessly with the Treo 650 and various SE phones I have had.
    Quote Originally Posted by bclancy View Post
    Thanks for this info sndtubes. I have not applied the MR update yet. (A combination of cautiousness and laziness.) I heard good things about the 590A over in the BlueTooth SmackDown thread, but your advice contradicts that! The SmackDown thread also does not talk a lot about stereo headsets post-MR update. Given your determination that the Pulsar is unstable, have you found a stereo headset that you like and/or that works well (at least post MR 1.10)?

thanks,
    --
    Bob
    Bob,

Well, this is my experience, anyway. Don't get me wrong. I really like the 590A Plantronics. It just doesn't work perfectly with the Treo. However, after using it for awhile after the MR, it does seem to work somewhat better. The main problem is the way it connects or doesn't connect when you make a phone call. It is very unpredictable. You have to be ready to hold the headset up to your head as you can't count on the headset connecting. I haven't tried any other headsets. Frankly I'm so jaded by the 700p and all of the problems I just haven't felt like spending any more money on it. So, I'm not sure how to advise you. Just keep monitoring these boards to see if others are having any success with any of the other headsets.
    Was this update only for Sprint 700p? I don't know about a BT update for Verizon.
    Quote Originally Posted by bdhu2001 View Post
    Was this update only for Sprint 700p? I don't know about a BT update for Verizon.
    It's included in the MR which should be out next week
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12