1.    #1  
    Hi there!

Even if I live in Italy and mainly write in Italian, I prefer to use my Palm Treo 680 and the Palm Desktop software in English (the Italian version have some funny translations...).

Each time I try to write "il" (that is "the" in English) I find the kind Treo to replace it with "I'll", the same when I want to write "i" alone, that is always capitalized (but I need the Italian "i" that's not equal to "I")

Is there a way to turn this feature off?

Or even better anyone knows what's the file(s) that keeps all these suggestions stored... In theory I could backup the machine, hard reset, restart in Italian, copy the Italian file from ROM, hard reset again, restart in English and copy to ram the "Italian suggestions" that should overwrite the English ones in rom ... in theory :-)

Thanks and Ciao from Italy!

Sergio
    Global Posts
    149 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SergioA View Post
    Hi there!

Even if I live in Italy and mainly write in Italian, I prefer to use my Palm Treo 680 and the Palm Desktop software in English (the Italian version have some funny translations...).

Each time I try to write "il" (that is "the" in English) I find the kind Treo to replace it with "I'll", the same when I want to write "i" alone, that is always capitalized (but I need the Italian "i" that's not equal to "I")

Is there a way to turn this feature off?

Or even better anyone knows what's the file(s) that keeps all these suggestions stored... In theory I could backup the machine, hard reset, restart in Italian, copy the Italian file from ROM, hard reset again, restart in English and copy to ram the "Italian suggestions" that should overwrite the English ones in rom ... in theory :-)

Thanks and Ciao from Italy!

Sergio
    I also needed this a while ago. Check this topic: http://treo.discussion.treocentral.c...d.php?t=129937
    Here is a dutch website offering the patch, it's just an enUS patch: HsExtensions2.0_enUS.680ROW.less.zip
    Last edited by Jozz; 06/08/2007 at 07:58 AM. Reason: added a link