Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1.    #1  

Hi all,

That's right, I've said it in print now & this is my official opinion, The Treo 650 sucks!
    Why? That's the tough thing because it's not just one or two big things that can be pointed out but a multiple continual little annoyances that make the phone not user friendly and a pain in the a$$. And before anyone flames me for just being a complete ignorant, I am a marine engineer and have more knowledge about Windows OS'es and PC maintenance then 90% of the people in my life. Point being I am savy about technology and computers and I fix things for a living. The Treo 650 just sucks. Now I could list each & every little annoyance about this thing and each and every one can be dealt with and rectified, I am aware of this. But that's just it, I can not find solutions easily on the phone, & I can not tweak the Palm OS on my PC to Hotsink the repairs.
    AND IT'S ENOUGH KEEPING MY DAMN WINDOWS COMPUTER RUNNING WELL AND MY TIME IS TO VALUABLE TO SPEND AN EQUAL AMOUNT OF TIME WITH MY PHONE/ORGANIZER. Sorry for yelling but I am not on the planet to fix some money-hungry company's software glitches and laziness.

Ahh right, I feel better. Thanks for letting me rant.

Phil
    So how do you really feel about the 650?
    What sucks about it?
    The resets?
    The freezes?
    The built in apps?
    Paying extra for standard phone features?
    The Treo isn't a Razr, it takes time to get it exactly the way you want it. If it's giving you problems, you may have gotten a bad device. But, I think the majority of the 650 users will post the 650 has been a great device once Palm released the updates awhile back. Mine has been rock solid for over two years and I still use it daily even though I have a 680 now...
    Take a deep breath...count to three...and repeat after me: "I am the master of my own Treo...I am the master of my own Treo"

ok, so..What are theses glitches you speak of?
    Quote Originally Posted by mrpotts View Post

Hi all,

That's right, I've said it in print now & this is my official opinion, The Treo 650 sucks!
    Why? That's the tough thing because it's not just one or two big things that can be pointed out but a multiple continual little annoyances that make the phone not user friendly and a pain in the a$$. And before anyone flames me for just being a complete ignorant, I am a marine engineer and have more knowledge about Windows OS'es and PC maintenance then 90% of the people in my life. Point being I am savy about technology and computers and I fix things for a living. The Treo 650 just sucks. Now I could list each & every little annoyance about this thing and each and every one can be dealt with and rectified, I am aware of this. But that's just it, I can not find solutions easily on the phone, & I can not tweak the Palm OS on my PC to Hotsink the repairs.
    AND IT'S ENOUGH KEEPING MY DAMN WINDOWS COMPUTER RUNNING WELL AND MY TIME IS TO VALUABLE TO SPEND AN EQUAL AMOUNT OF TIME WITH MY PHONE/ORGANIZER. Sorry for yelling but I am not on the planet to fix some money-hungry company's software glitches and laziness.

Ahh right, I feel better. Thanks for letting me rant.

Phil

Yeah, hanh?
    Hey I run a small business--(IT Security Integrator). I am the owner and focus on sales/cash flow. While our tech team and sales groups help our customers protect against the evils trying to wreck their networks.

The Treo 650 started off with some issues, I get mad when I can't hear someone due to low volume but over all a major productivity enhancement to my life. In fact yesterday in a meeting, I looked around the room and saw more Treo's then BB's. Currently I am on the site to see if I can find out why my Sprint Biz push email has stopped working. If not I will call Sprint and go through that mess. So yes these things happen but nothing to cause me to trash the phone like your talking about.

I am upgrading the 755 just because I like what I am reading on the this forum about the phone
    Original OP has 16 posts, 15 which are negative.
    Draw your own conclusions.
    Totally OT but I just had to say, Glass Joe! I love the avatar, Brings back memories.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Best game ever for any system!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by cadman; 06/08/2007 at 04:33 PM. Reason: added pictures
    All I can say about the 650 is that I look back on it fondly and wistfully. He said, 750 in hand.
    Well, I have been thinking of a post on why I hate my Treo for a while now. So here is tonight's top ten list:
    10) It's my only number for my company, so it's always stuck in my ear.
    9) It's expensive-I have more money in software than I do in the Treo.
    8) I have more money in Treo accessories than in the Treo.
    7) It made my eyes bad because I read email on it all day long..
    6) My hearing is diminished because I crank out the MP3s at the gym.
    5) It made me stop watching TV, because I transfer all my TIVO shows to it and watch while on the treadmill.
    4) It makes me drive half way across town when I check gas prices online and learn it's 2 dimes cheaper per gallon. (I need 26 at a time.)
    3) My Treo reminds me that I am over worked by constantly nagging me all day with my meetings and tasks.
    2) My darn battery never dies before I do at the end of the day.
    And the #1 reason I hate my Treo is I CAN'T LIVE WITHOUT IT!

Do you think this list should be a thread of it's own? Why do you "hate" (wink wink) your Treo?

Target
    Target

Using a GSM Treo Pro, my first Windows Mobile Device. Coming from a Cingular Treo 650.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tastypeppers View Post
    All I can say about the 650 is that I look back on it fondly and wistfully. He said, 750 in hand.

Same here, and often think of going back to it. Really, after a couple of upgrades, it remains the best phone I've ever owned.
    Gimme the P-Funk!
    Quote Originally Posted by Target View Post
    Well, I have been thinking of a post on why I hate my Treo for a while now. So here is tonight's top ten list:
    10) It's my only number for my company, so it's always stuck in my ear.
    9) It's expensive-I have more money in software than I do in the Treo.
    8) I have more money in Treo accessories than in the Treo.
    7) It made my eyes bad because I read email on it all day long..
    6) My hearing is diminished because I crank out the MP3s at the gym.
    5) It made me stop watching TV, because I transfer all my TIVO shows to it and watch while on the treadmill.
    4) It makes me drive half way across town when I check gas prices online and learn it's 2 dimes cheaper per gallon. (I need 26 at a time.)
    3) My Treo reminds me that I am over worked by constantly nagging me all day with my meetings and tasks.
    2) My darn battery never dies before I do at the end of the day.
    And the #1 reason I hate my Treo is I CAN'T LIVE WITHOUT IT!

Do you think this list should be a thread of it's own? Why do you "hate" (wink wink) your Treo?

Target
    Niiiice...
  14.    #14  
    Hi all,

I've started my top ten list but please don't keep me to ten. Ironically, I'm keeping the list on the Treo and jotting them down as I remember the issues.

BTW, is wifi an option with this phone?

Phil
    Now I could list each & every little annoyance about this thing and each and every one can be dealt with and rectified - This is unfortunately untrue. My phone resets maybe once or twice a day, sometimes not at all, due to Nexter (the Treo's SMS software). And don't tell me I have to do a hard-reset, cuz this happened even when the phone was new and nothing was loaded. Oh well... Waiting for the Linux GSM treo... We'll see if Palm gets their act together.
    Quote Originally Posted by mrpotts View Post
    Hi all,

I've started my top ten list but please don't keep me to ten. Ironically, I'm keeping the list on the Treo and jotting them down as I remember the issues.

BTW, is wifi an option with this phone?

Phil
    Nope. No wifi option. Heck, even the 755 doesn't have that option.
    I've been using a T650 for over 2 years now and I'll admit it does have the occasional problem (it freezes, soft resets) and that the internal memory is only 32MB. Yet with all the updates/MRs this device has had through the years, it's now one of the more stable Palm OS smartphones on the market. Sad, that, as it's no longer being made. (Just got a refurbished T650 to replace my older one.)

Not only that, I'm saving money on Sprint by not having the Power Vision plan. The T650 will be my main device until the end of the year, when I either decide to hang on to it or upgrade.
    I think the OP was expecting the Palm OS Treo 650 to be just like what he's familiar with, which is a Windows OS. Unfortunately, the Palm OS is quite different and he obviously wasn't familiar with it and wasn't really in the mood to try to learn and understand it.

He may have a different opinion had he gotten or ends up getting a Win Mobile Treo instead.
    Flash demos, reviews of PDA and smartphone apps and contests at Palm Discovery . How to do Palm resets. T/T2/T3/Treo screws
    Quote Originally Posted by KevMeister View Post
    I've been using a T650 for over 2 years now and I'll admit it does have the occasional problem (it freezes, soft resets) and that the internal memory is only 32MB. Yet with all the updates/MRs this device has had through the years, it's now one of the more stable Palm OS smartphones on the market. Sad, that, as it's no longer being made. (Just got a refurbished T650 to replace my older one.)

Not only that, I'm saving money on Sprint by not having the Power Vision plan. The T650 will be my main device until the end of the year, when I either decide to hang on to it or upgrade.
    The 680 is far more stable than the 650.
    Quote Originally Posted by Christinac130 View Post
    Niiiice...
    Thanks! Glad you caught it.

Target.
    Target

Using a GSM Treo Pro, my first Windows Mobile Device. Coming from a Cingular Treo 650.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast