Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Quote Originally Posted by esatyawan View Post
    Cadman - I am supporting your quote
    i.e bug and fixes make this forum alive
    Gotcha. Its been 4 weeks but I am starting to get into a routine with my second child. To think I am actually getting some sleep as opposed to my wife!
    I'll be able to comprehend what I am reading soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Christinac130 View Post
    I'm a firm believer that anyone that thinks the Treo should "just work" right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo. The 650 does the basic phone functions just fine, right out of the box. If that's all you want, you don't NEED a Treo. If you want to utilize ALL the features a Treo can provide, it requires a bit of tweaking and patience. If you can't or won't take the time to get it the way you want it so it will work as you need it to, go get a flip phone.
    - again, unfortunately this is not true... since my t650's basic sms didn't work just fine, right out of the box (resets for no apparent reason). If anyone out there knows of a "tweak" I can do to fix this, I'd sure appreciate it. And yes, I've done my custom rom too so I know my way and has invested time on it pretty decently. I can't return it though, so that's out of the question.
    If it was resetting while sending SMS right out of the box, then there was something wrong from the start. Have you tried deleting the database in case you have a corrupted file?
    I'm a firm believer that anyone that thinks the Treo should "just work" right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo. The 650 does the basic phone functions just fine, right out of the box. If that's all you want, you don't NEED a Treo. If you want to utilize ALL the features a Treo can provide, it requires a bit of tweaking and patience. If you can't or won't take the time to get it the way you want it so it will work as you need it to, go get a flip phone.
    - again, unfortunately this is not true... since my t650's basic sms didn't work just fine, right out of the box (resets for no apparent reason). If anyone out there knows of a "tweak" I can do to fix this, I'd sure appreciate it. And yes, I've done my custom rom too so I know my way and has invested time on it pretty decently. I can't return it though, so that's out of the question.
    The 650 doesn't suck but it is definitely flaky. If someone calls while I am hotsyncing, the phone resets which kind of sucks. OTOH I have been using Palm OS for years and Chattermail is the only way I know to get push email without a Blackberry server.

Speaking of which, a Blackberry is probably what the OP should get. They are simple (too simple in some respects) and they just work.
    My first Palm Device was the Palm Personal and have been a Palm user since. Now I live on my Treo 650. I have to tell you... for me part of the fun of being a Palm user is that, it doesn't just work out the box. What better way to learn how to use it, than HAVING TO LEARN how to use. it. JMHO.
  7.    #67  
    Quote Originally Posted by topcover View Post
    My first Palm Device was the Palm Personal and have been a Palm user since. Now I live on my Treo 650. I have to tell you... for me part of the fun of being a Palm user is that, it doesn't just work out the box. What better way to learn how to use it, than HAVING TO LEARN how to use. it. JMHO.
    I understand what your saying and completely respect your perspective and opinion. I feel the same way about Windows. I don't have the interest with Palm though. Windows has a wider, more useful appeal to me.

Cheers,
    Phil
  8.    #68  
    God, almighty. It's one thing after another with this phone. No the hotsynching is appearing correct, but not exchanging any information. The phone and software is crap. How much time is it worth to troubleshoot these problems. Not enough obviously as I still have the problem, but enough time to realize alot of other people have issues with Palm. I'm selling my stock!

Phil
    If it was resetting while sending SMS right out of the box, then there was something wrong from the start. Have you tried deleting the database in case you have a corrupted file?
    Yup, been there, done that... countless times . At this point, I've downloaded the 1.20 LAP software from Palm again, and I just might consider flashing the darned thing again. I dunno, I'm out of ideas. Does anyone know if the Black Tie edition have problems?
    I've had a few 650's. Can you return it?

Mine is "quirky" too. I'm not sure what I'll do with it on Friday...if I'm lucky.
    Apple iPhone 8GB
    Apple 15" Macbook Pro 2.33 Ghz C2D
    Retired Treo 650
  11.    #71  
    Quote Originally Posted by MacUser View Post
    I've had a few 650's. Can you return it?

Mine is "quirky" too. I'm not sure what I'll do with it on Friday...if I'm lucky.

I was busy running around town yesterday & I dropped the phone, which I had done before, but this time the screen cracked, but good. So much for selling it on EBay. That's drop cost me at least the $100 it would have sold for. Guess my phone must have finally read this thread and had enough with me
    Anyone have any suggestions for a good, durable quad-band phone?

Cheers,
    Phil
    The 680?
  13.    #73  
    The 680?
    You need to be spanked!1
    LOL! I knew I could get a smile out of ya...
  15.    #75  
    The 680?
    yes indeed.

What u think about this?

http://www.pdadb.net/index.php?m=specs&id=733

Phil
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234